Picks for Region 7 Tourny

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Mauer07 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:44 pm

Who do you think is going to win since there are 4 or 5 state worthy teams with Killdeer Trinity Hazen Beulah and RT?
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:06 pm

I would also throw bowman into that, depending on how they play in districts. They are on a high note after coming close with trinity and leading for 3+ quarters. Who knows, they could use that as motivation to go on to state. But.....I am taking Killdeer over Trinity for the 3RD CONSECUTIVE time.
project-pat

Postby Mauer07 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:18 pm

ya all I know is that it is going to be something to see who will be in championship especially if every team brings their A game
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:48 pm

One worthy team in district 14 won't even make it to regionals!  It should reallly be something to see.  I hope all the teams can stay healthy and  play to their potential.  I think it's wide open but it should come down to who plays consistent and who has a deep bench..
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby AAfootballfan » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:12 am

Mauer07 wrote:Who do you think is going to win since there are 4 or 5 state worthy teams with Killdeer Trinity Hazen Beulah and RT?

There are not 4 to 5 state worthy teams in this region...not even close!!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby jdeere » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:38 am

how the heck can u say that   there is so much talent on all those teams it isnt even funny, my picks for state are Killdeer cowboys or the beulah miners if they can finaly play as a team for once  i dont think trinity will make it (even though trinity is prolly the best at being in clutch moments) or hazen might have a chance but if u shut down marshall other players will have to step it up and i dont see any of them doing so
"when we play like we play when we play, no one can stop us" Dennis Green
jdeere
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:03 am

there r 4 or 5 teams from this region that can make it out of the region and get to state but that doesnt make them state worthy.  i would say 2 or 3 of these teams could make a run at the state title but not 4 or 5.  just becuz R/T pulled off one upset doesnt mean they are a good enough team to do anything at state. 
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Weezy Baby » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:50 am

project-pat wrote:I would also throw bowman into that, depending on how they play in districts. They are on a high note after coming close with trinity and leading for 3+ quarters. Who knows, they could use that as motivation to go on to state. But.....I am taking Killdeer over Trinity for the 3RD CONSECUTIVE time.

You cannot pick killdeer over Trinity 3 times. 2 Times in a row is MAXIMUM in one season. it's not going to happen again. I thinkit will be Hazen or trinity.
Weezy Baby

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:54 am

Weezy Baby wrote:
project-pat wrote:I would also throw bowman into that, depending on how they play in districts. They are on a high note after coming close with trinity and leading for 3+ quarters. Who knows, they could use that as motivation to go on to state. But.....I am taking Killdeer over Trinity for the 3RD CONSECUTIVE time.

You cannot pick killdeer over Trinity 3 times. 2 Times in a row is MAXIMUM in one season. it's not going to happen again. I thinkit will be Hazen or trinity.

i dont know trinity has lost a game by 30 points this year.  if they are capable of having that bad of a night once they are capable of doing it again
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Weezy Baby » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:57 am

AAfootballfan wrote:
Mauer07 wrote:Who do you think is going to win since there are 4 or 5 state worthy teams with Killdeer Trinity Hazen Beulah and RT?

you are right, their is probably 6. haha seriously tho, some regoins are terrible and a team like bowman could come out of some regoins.
Weezy Baby

Postby Watcher 007 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:00 am

I've got to go with Killdeer or Beulah on this one. Both are plaing strong right now.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby grizz » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:10 am

sodadrinker wrote:i dont know trinity has lost a game by 30 points this year.  if they are capable of having that bad of a night once they are capable of doing it again

Yeah and to be correct, the varsity quad was losing by about 18-20, then DT's coach put in the JV squad with about 2 minutes left. Grinnstiener is a classy guy like that and knows when to face the facts. But you're right, they could play bad again but let's hope that they learned their lesson from WC.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby heelsfan » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:28 am

AAfootballfan wrote:

That's the most hilarious comment I've read on this site!!  Half of the rated teams this year have been from this region.
heelsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mauer07 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:38 pm

Trinity i believe has very good coaching with grinnsteiner it seems like he always wants the best from his players and his players always seems to perform when its time so I am picking them by a close margrin over killdeer
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:44 pm

heelsfan wrote:
AAfootballfan wrote:

That's the most hilarious comment I've read on this site!!  Half of the rated teams this year have been from this region.

ya they were ranked at the beginning of the year before all the people that put their votes in knew any better.  now they know and there arent as many ranked teams from there
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ace » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:16 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
heelsfan wrote:
AAfootballfan wrote:

ya they were ranked at the beginning of the year before all the people that put their votes in knew any better.  now they know and there arent as many ranked teams from there

Being ranked means nothing, i dont even think those people know what they are doing when they are ranking the teams.... some of the polls make no sense...
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby Region 8 Fan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:29 pm

I think Killdeer will win this region because its the only team that watford city hasent pounded . hazen could make a strong run  but it doesnt really matter becuz this region will b playin for consolutation in state tournament anyway
Region 8 Fan

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:32 pm

Region 8 Fan wrote:I think Killdeer will win this region because its the only team that watford city hasent pounded . hazen could make a strong run  but it doesnt really matter becuz this region will b playin for consolutation in state tournament anyway

so u think theyre gonna beat region 4 hahaha
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Weezy Baby » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:27 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
Region 8 Fan wrote:I think Killdeer will win this region because its the only team that watford city hasent pounded . hazen could make a strong run  but it doesnt really matter becuz this region will b playin for consolutation in state tournament anyway

so u think theyre gonna beat region 4 hahaha

region 7 will most definatley beat region 4. Watford is a great team, im excited to se if they can keep up this great shooting streak in region 8.
Weezy Baby

Postby baller01 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:48 pm

....and Dufault drops 30 in a win over R-T.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby grizz » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:18 pm

Hazen > Killdeer in OT tonight in district 14 tourny. Not sure on stats.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby ballin6 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:51 pm

the score was 60-55
26-17 Killdeer at half
Erhadt had 21
not sure about anyone else

Wheeling and Dufault scored all of killdeer's points except a couple
Last edited by ballin6 on Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ballin6
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Class_B_sports » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:47 pm

Who won between Beulah and Trinity?? anyone know?

Class_B_sports

Postby unc2 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:33 pm

Trinity 41 to 30
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby letsgosox » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:30 am

killdeer's stats-dufault 22, wheeling 24, fredricks 8, gaugler 1
letsgosox

Next

Return to Boys