Picks for Region 7 Tourny

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby grizz » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:09 am

Nice team effort
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Privdog » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:57 pm

Class_B_sports wrote:Who won between Beulah and Trinity?? anyone know?

Trinity beat beulah by like 10
Privdog
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Privdog » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:16 pm

project-pat wrote:I would also throw bowman into that, depending on how they play in districts. They are on a high note after coming close with trinity and leading for 3+ quarters. Who knows, they could use that as motivation to go on to state. But.....I am taking Killdeer over Trinity for the 3RD CONSECUTIVE time.

Bowman, is playing really well right now. But, I think when they come up to play a team like Hazen, Trinity, Killdeer, and even maybe R/T, they won't be able to win those games. But, you never know, bowman could possibly knock those teams off if those teams have a bad game. But, bowman could maybe make it to the regional championship the way their playing right now. But I don't think they could make it to state. And i guarantee Killdeer is not going to beat Trinity for the third consecutive time.
Privdog
NDPreps Reserve

Postby iceman3 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:39 pm

Privdog wrote:
project-pat wrote:I would also throw bowman into that, depending on how they play in districts. They are on a high note after coming close with trinity and leading for 3+ quarters. Who knows, they could use that as motivation to go on to state. But.....I am taking Killdeer over Trinity for the 3RD CONSECUTIVE time.

Bowman, is playing really well right now. But, I think when they come up to play a team like Hazen, Trinity, Killdeer, and even maybe R/T, they won't be able to win those games. But, you never know, bowman could possibly knock those teams off if those teams have a bad game. But, bowman could maybe make it to the regional championship the way their playing right now. But I don't think they could make it to state. And i guarantee Killdeer is not going to beat Trinity for the third consecutive time.

[font=georgia]thats a pretty bold statement there privdog to guarantee that killdeer wont beat trinity for the 3rd time this season. i wouldnt guarantee anything in this region. anything could go. for instance, hazen beating killdeer lastnight in overtime, im sure everyone but hazen fans  thought killdeer was gonna win after trailing by more than 10 at one point[/font]
iceman3

Postby grizz » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:01 pm

Privdog wrote:
Class_B_sports wrote:Who won between Beulah and Trinity?? anyone know?

Trinity beat beulah by like 10

Actually privdog, it was 11, and it was it was stated exactly under that post by Class_B_sports. Maybe you should stop piggyback riding off of other people's comments.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby unc2 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:06 pm

I agree i just said the score two comments before yours
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby grizz » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:16 pm

Still a toss-up between the 4 powerhouses in region 7. The district tourny didnt settle anything in my mind.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby straightballer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:05 am

hard to throw bowmans name into talk for the region when they didnt even make it out of districts. But i think that out of the four teams from district 13 one of them mite pull and upset
Last edited by straightballer on Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
straightballer

Postby xcolt90 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:10 am

I agree that one Dist. 13 team will win a first round game in the region.  Mott is playing very well right now and should play Killdeer in the first round.  That might be the one game that District 13 wins.
Last edited by xcolt90 on Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
xcolt90

Postby straightballer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:38 am

south heart could win too they have trinity or hazen
straightballer

Postby grizz » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:53 am

straightballer wrote:south heart could win too they have trinity or hazen

I honestly don't think that South Heart has a chance with either of them.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby iceman3 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:57 am

xcolt90 wrote:I agree that one Dist. 13 team will win a first round game in the region.  Mott is playing very well right now and should play Killdeer in the first round.  That might be the one game that District 13 wins.

district 14 will have a first round sweep over district 13.
iceman3

Postby feeshattack » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:58 am

xcolt90 wrote:I agree that one Dist. 13 team will win a first round game in the region.  Mott is playing very well right now and should play Killdeer in the first round.  That might be the one game that District 13 wins.

colt that is the worst prediction alive, im picking kildeer by almost 20, mott doesnt have anyone that can d up wheeling and dufault
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby grizz » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:02 pm

Yeah Mott will get stomped by Killdeer. I can't think of anyone from Mott who plays good enough D for Wheeling and Dufault.
Last edited by grizz on Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mauer07 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:11 pm

are you kiddin me?? Did you just see Trinity vs Hazen last night those teams are very very impressive and you think South Heart can stick with both of them. South Heart is not even in Trinity and Hazen's league Good one Quincy
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby straightballer » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:32 am

Mauer07 wrote:

are you kiddin me?? Did you just see Trinity vs Hazen last night those teams are very very impressive and you think South Heart can stick with both of them. South Heart is not even in Trinity and Hazen's league Good one Quincy

Yeah i take that back cuz south heart is playin pretty terrible rite now. Trinity is definately the team to beat in my opinion. Keithley and Rising are really good leaders and grinnsteiner just knows how to make his teams win. It will be Trinity over Hazen in the title game.
straightballer

Postby Wildcat » Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:29 am

I think District 14 will dominate, but I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the top three teams from 13 win. The only game I would put money on is Hazen beating South Heart. Other than that, nothing is for sure.

That being said, I DO believe 14 will sweep.

Beulah will beat Beach by single digits, albeit having a very tough time doing so.
Hazen will beat South Heart by more than 10 points. It could be a blow out. South Heart is just not playing good right now and Hazen is playing its best ball.
Killdeer will beat Mott-Regent by less than 10 points, though it could be a very close game as both teams are playing at a high level.
Trinity will beat Hettinger by nine points, disproving everyone who thinks the four-point game during the regular season matters. Trinity was hurt then and was missing some starters. Hettinger does have scoring and a great coach in Adam Hill, so I won't say it is definite.

In the semis, I'll take Trinity over Killdeer, though I wouldn't mind seeing Killdeer go because I think Austin Dufault needs to play on the big stage if he wants to get recognized properly in his senior year.

I'll also take Hazen over Beulah because Hazen is flat out better. Beulah is probably the worst of the four teams if you ask me. They shoot to fast and are too eager to shoot the 3-ball. I'm not saying they're a bad team, but I just don't think they are playing as good as the other teams.

In the championship, give me Trinity in a game similar to the District 14 championship.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:26 pm

straightballer wrote:hard to throw bowmans name into talk for the region when they didnt even make it out of districts. But i think that out of the four teams from district 13 one of them mite pull and upset

Bowman would of made it out of districts, they just had an unlucky break. Hettinger should just be thankful that a few players were 5 minutes late for curfew. I'm guessing your a South Heart fan, maybe even a player. I still don't see how you guys went in and beat M/R and bowman, Bowman was won off a blown double dribble call by jimmy smith.
project-pat

Postby SportsAreLife » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:16 pm

Wildcat wrote:I think District 14 will dominate, but I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the top three teams from 13 win. The only game I would put money on is Hazen beating South Heart. Other than that, nothing is for sure.

Beulah will beat Beach by single digits, albeit having a very tough time doing so.
Hazen will beat South Heart by more than 10 points. It could be a blow out. South Heart is just not playing good right now and Hazen is playing its best ball.
Killdeer will beat Mott-Regent by less than 10 points, though it could be a very close game as both teams are playing at a high level.
Trinity will beat Hettinger by nine points, disproving everyone who thinks the four-point game during the regular season matters. Trinity was hurt then and was missing some starters. Hettinger does have scoring and a great coach in Adam Hill, so I won't say it is definite.

In the semis, I'll take Trinity over Killdeer, though I wouldn't mind seeing Killdeer go because I think Austin Dufault needs to play on the big stage if he wants to get recognized properly in his senior year.

I'll also take Hazen over Beulah because Hazen is flat out better. Beulah is probably the worst of the four teams if you ask me. They shoot to fast and are too eager to shoot the 3-ball. I'm not saying they're a bad team, but I just don't think they are playing as good as the other teams.

In the championship, give me Trinity in a game similar to the District 14 championship.
its gonna be a very interesting tourney. if there is a district 13 team winning i would go with Beach over Beulah because Beach is playin some tough bball lately 
SportsAreLife

Postby AAfootballfan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:57 pm

SportsAreLife wrote:
Wildcat wrote:I think District 14 will dominate, but I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the top three teams from 13 win. The only game I would put money on is Hazen beating South Heart. Other than that, nothing is for sure.

its gonna be a very interesting tourney. if there is a district 13 team winning i would go with Beach over Beulah because Beach is playin some tough bball lately 

Please someone other than Trinity make it out of this region!!! Wheeling and Dufault bring your A game and the Cowboys will be headed to the Capital City!!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Mauer07 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:26 pm

why dont you want trinity to win?
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:39 pm

Mauer07 wrote:why dont you want trinity to win?

they are like the yankees of class b basketball in north dakota.  you are either completely for them or completely against them.  no inbetween.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby BBall dominator » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:35 pm

I would like trinity to win they have such an amazing streak going on it'd be pretty cool to see it go on for a record that won't be touched
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:46 am

Love em or hate em, you have to respect what they have accomplished.  Nobody hates an opponent with a losing program!  Right now they are in middle of a three or four year down cycle yet they continue to compete very well.....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mauer07 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:20 am

scruffy wrote:Love em or hate em, you have to respect what they have accomplished.  Nobody hates an opponent with a losing program!  Right now they are in middle of a three or four year down cycle yet they continue to compete very well.....

very good point you do have to respect what they have all accomplished, its pretty amazing that they seem to be in the hunt of a state championship every year
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Boys