Four Wind Indians

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Four Wind Indians

Postby baseball » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:51 pm

BBall dominator wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:well, even if he didn't play for anyone, he is still better than you are!!!

Well thats good he can dominate league forever....sorry but i make my living doing something other than playing basketball. I just figured he'd do something pretaining to basketball after HS but guess not.

if Bball Dominator is who i think he is, i wouldnt be so quick to say TI was better, this kid could ball.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:00 pm

Again everyone....................

If you do not want to hear about something, or discuss it please skip over it. This topic is clearly Four Winds Indians. (Started by Indians Alumni)
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby BBall dominator » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:20 pm

I apologize for attacking Ti he was a good player. Just so you know where I'm coming from on this one. I've met alot of NA basketball players growing up and they were awesome. But they never really got to showcase their talent because the rez just ate them up.

I used to feel bad because numerous players who could've been all-staters or Mr. basketball candidates. Heck I could think of atleast 10 players in the last 5 years who were ridiculously good but just feel through the cracks because how the rez is. I don't wanna come off as thinking I know what its like to live on a rez because I don't I've been on and seen them and hung out w/ friends on numerous occasssions and i've probably only seen a glimpse of what everday life is like.

I really do respect the ones who can make it through all the BS and shine. But it i don't feel bad anymore for the ones who fail it sickens me because its a waste of talent and an oppurtunity to take basketball and use it as a tool to go to school and they throw it away.

I know this happens in other towns and cities across ND but it seems more prevalent on reservations. Again I name atleast 10 off the top of my head whom I've played w/ and against who much better than me but didn't even make it past 11th grade or just ended up quitting.

sorry, i don't want this topic closed but I felt what I said about was inappropiate and needed to explain myself.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:35 am

I do agree with you to a point, I do respect that you explained yourself. Shows that you are not just nother knocklehead trying to start a fight! Gotta appreciate that!

TI, that was a disappointment, I don't know what went wrong there, it only makes the program look bad and it is not! You can only push a person so far along before they either sink or swim, too bad he had to sink! I can speak from experience of boys I played ball with and against who didn't go on or failed to stick with it. Disappoints me, angers me, saddens me! I hate that it is what it is! Doesn't mean I am going to stop pushing or helping kids! It only motivates me to get someone to college! It only motivates me to push that kid that needs to be pushed.

I have no excuses for TI nor do I give any! Like the old saying goes, you can lead a horse to water....!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Makotifarmguy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:51 pm

I was disheartened to not see TI over at WSC tourney earlier in November. I have a nephew over at Lake Region and basically it is what Indian's Alumni says "you can lead a horse to water,...."

What I feel most disheartened about is that I think alot of kids over that reservation probably looked up to TI and I think he had the most going for him. I also noticed that LRSC is hosting a tournament over there later in January and they are holding the tournament at the Four Winds school. A place where Tony would obviously shine. I mean if there was a home-court advantage, he had one over everyone for that tournament.

I also wonder what the crowds will look like without Tony on the Royals Roster. I am sure it will have an impact.

In talking with my nephew, he said Tony could play with that team. He held himself very well. He couldn't drive down the middle like he did in high school (because of size and height), but shot the ball as good as anyone and was more reliable at the point.

I was really looking forward to seeing him on the Royal's team.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby nadal11 » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:16 pm

can anyone tell me what exactly happened to tony?
nadal11

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:23 pm

He quit school
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby King OF Kings » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:56 am

FW is a very good team, this year is totally a different year, lets juss see what they can do on there first game of the year.
King OF Kings

Postby Roughrider » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:37 am

its this early in the season and we are already starting on the Four Winds Indians already. this could be a long year
GO SIOUX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roughrider
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:20 pm

Well it is a FW topic? Kinda don't know what really else to talk about on a FW topic!
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseballlvr » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:13 am

FW-66
Munich/Starkweather-73
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:18 am

Can anyone give any info about the game?
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:12 am

The FW boys had the "Deer in the Headlights" look for about a quarter and a half before they got things on track. They were down by as much a 15 but actually came back and took the lead in the fourth quarter. SM has a good club and they played a good game and deserved the win. FW will be OK. The young guys will only get better as the season goes by.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseballlvr » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:22 am

cubsfan wrote:Can anyone give any info about the game?

SM was up at half time by 16. after half time, FW came to play. The new starters settled down and started to contribute a lot more. CJ hit a lot of key shots, and a few major steals. i think he dropped 30? I think SM got too comfortable with the lead, and let FW into their game, and in the 3rd quarter FW was probably only down by 3. It was a back and forth game from there on, SM would have a run, and then FW would catch right back up. FW has a good team though, i had no idea that these new starters would come out and play like they did.
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby wjo » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:00 am

I talked to a friend who said FW starters should all have fouled out. Two did and Lovejoy got 6 fouls cause FW official book screwed up.
wjo

Postby B_Baller » Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:34 pm

On the big score bored it said they tried to foul him out with 4 fouls so idk but someone messed up with the stats
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:53 am

I see that Four Winds next game is against Dakota Prairie. This should be another good game. Prediction?
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:50 am

I predict it is going to be an awesome game. I think it will be a scrappy game for both teams. I see it being close all the way til the end. Too close to predict the winner, but you know I have to go with FW. I take them by 4
:?
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nc » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:47 pm

This is going to be an awsome game. DP has started this season hot and i dont see them slowing down. They are playing great as a team and i pick them to come out with a win in four winds. Its not going to be easy but it is going to be a great game.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:14 pm

just to warn you guys FW's dropped a 105-79 butt kicking to dakota prairie
i know we are going to hear about it for weeks but thats a big win for them
toughregion2

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:43 am

toughregion2 wrote:just to warn you guys FW's dropped a 105-79 butt kicking to dakota prairie

I really don't think that's a big win for them. They already knew they could beat DP handily, just because they're ranked dosen't neccessarily mean they are a better team than FW. Looking at the Warwick game in which they only lost to DP by 9 without their star player, Im sure FW knew they could win easily, considering they are head and shoulders above Warwick's program.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby B_Baller » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:07 pm

So I hear it was a good game but how will they play against a stronger team like Dunseith????

Any predictions :?: :?:
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:15 pm

Mr. Knowitall wrote:
toughregion2 wrote:just to warn you guys FW's dropped a 105-79 butt kicking to dakota prairie

I really don't think that's a big win for them. They already knew they could beat DP handily, just because they're ranked dosen't neccessarily mean they are a better team than FW. Looking at the Warwick game in which they only lost to DP by 9 without their star player, Im sure FW knew they could win easily, considering they are head and shoulders above Warwick's program.

What a joke!!!!! I bet four winds thought they could beat Munich-SW handily also just because they're ranked dosen't neccessarily mean they are a better team than FW. I think Munich proved their point that they are head and shoulders about fw's program this year
toughregion2

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:45 pm

toughregion2 wrote:
Mr. Knowitall wrote:

What a joke!!!!! I bet four winds thought they could beat Munich-SW handily also just because they're ranked dosen't neccessarily mean they are a better team than FW. I think Munich proved their point that they are head and shoulders about fw's program this year

SM played a good game against FW but to say they are head and shoulders above FW is preposterous! SM had a big lead in that game and almost blew it. I really hope they play again in regionals because the young guys for FW are gettin better every game. Just ask DP. I'm sure if you ask the coach for SM if he wants to play us again he'd say no.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:03 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
toughregion2 wrote:
Mr. Knowitall wrote:

SM played a good game against FW but to say they are head and shoulders above FW is preposterous! SM had a big lead in that game and almost blew it. I really hope they play again in regionals because the young guys for FW are gettin better every game. Just ask DP. I'm sure if you ask the coach for SM if he wants to play us again he'd say no.

Yeah you're right nativegolfer I'm sure if you ask SM's coach he wouldn't want to play you again after they beat you. You're making it sound like everyone should be scared of Four Winds. I'm positive they are a good team, but no one is that good that you should be scared to play them. He wouldn't have a lot of confidence in his guys if he denied a rematch.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys