Four Wind Indians

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Four Wind Indians

Postby 666 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:27 pm

with the talent that coach had to work with i think he underachieved is all that im stating and he didn't use the bench effectively when it came to the tournament. by the way what dont i have a clue about? That DL would beat FW or that the game wouldnt help DL if they played because FW is class B....in their first game i got FW more than 10

Postby Baller » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:40 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:FW is would take DL in the running game any day and the coach would be dumb to try and play the same type of game the FW's plays! Most coaches in the region try to slow them down with the exception of WC last year, they could run, just not as well.

You will find out come this December, FW's first game is against Starkweather-Munich, I predict a packed house, get here early and get your seat!

Prediction: Four Winds by 15+

I welcome predictions, please try not to get rediculous with it some of you, you know who you are!

This is an absolutly pointless arguement because they DONT play each other...No ones predictions will come to fruition so it is just pointless arguing
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:48 pm

I guess there are a lot of WCS (woulda, coulda, shoulda's), but did he underutilize? I don't know, I am sure there where some things he could have done differently, but sometimes you don't realize that until after the game and you sit back and reflect. Coach Smith will not make that same mistake! FW's had some hard work in the offseason, I bare wittness to some of it!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 666 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:20 pm

that is great i look forward to seeing them come tourney time

Postby cubsfan » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:29 am

Indians Alumni wrote:FW is would take DL in the running game any day and the coach would be dumb to try and play the same type of game the FW's plays! Most coaches in the region try to slow them down with the exception of WC last year, they could run, just not as well.

You will find out come this December, FW's first game is against Starkweather-Munich, I predict a packed house, get here early and get your seat!

I welcome predictions, please try not to get rediculous with it some of you, you know who you are!

I know that you have already said it a million times, but what does Fw have coming back? They lost a first team all-stater and their team leader, and don't say that you have CJ because you can't throw your eggs in one basket.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:01 pm

looks like you did what you told us not to do....get rediculous with the predictions...maybe later in the year i could see this but this is the first game these kids are playing without their leader on the floor so it will be a struggle. im not saying they are bad but im just saying its going to take a few games for everyone to figure out their new role
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:01 pm

Baller wrote:

This is an absolutly pointless arguement because they DONT play each other...No ones predictions will come to fruition so it is just pointless arguing

ahhh..the world wide web. i love it. ANYTHING is open for debate. I think FW 9th grade could beat the Tioga JV by 13
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby HS Ballers » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:59 pm

Soon Four Winds program will field some losing teams and the program will dwindle. And i cant wait to see the posts from Indians' fans then....But GOOD LUCK INDIANS! Im sure you'll be dominant untill the end of the century...heck...this is the four winds millenium!
HS Ballers

Postby just_wondering08 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:03 pm

Just wondering.......
As a spectator and non-native who keeps up with state class A & B sports for many, many years I noticed that Four Winds is on the Spirit Lake Reservation. I've also noticed that "Indians Alumni" and other Four Winds fans are constantly bragging up their basketball team , they have even made it a topic. I've also noticed there is another reservation in North Dakota named Fort Berthold who have fielded 4 boys state cross country championships (07, 06, 05, 04), and 1 state girls cross country championship (02) from New Town, and a State B boys bb championships from Parshall and New Town (07, 80). I've noticed that the primary players from these teams are enrolled members of the 3 Afilliated Tribes (Mandan, Hidatsa, Arikara Nation). I guess their accomplishments speak for them. There is also another reservation named Standing Rock who have won state championships in class "A" & "B" as well. Just wondering :?:
just_wondering08

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:09 am

So what exactly are you getting at? I mean you just say you are wondering, wondering what?

I asked for predictions on the score of the first game vs Starkweather-Munich, if any of you can read past a 3rd grade level!

I do brag up my team, because I am an Alumni of the program, you all can do the same, but seems that you all hang on the words that I have to say! I mean comeon guys and girls! Indians Alumni is only one man! :wink:
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Baller » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:15 am

I mean comeon guys and girls! Indians Alumni is only one man!

Thank Goodness
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:03 pm

Thought somone would appreciate the smile this morning! :D
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:39 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:So what exactly are you getting at? I mean you just say you are wondering, wondering what?

I asked for predictions on the score of the first game vs Starkweather-Munich, if any of you can read past a 3rd grade level!

I do brag up my team, because I am an Alumni of the program, you all can do the same, but seems that you all hang on the words that I have to say! I mean comeon guys and girls! Indians Alumni is only one man! :wink:

I do not know much about M-S but I do know that they are experienced and have some athletes. I know that I am not going to make the same mistake last year and say how bad FW was and then saw them play and that changed my attitude real fast. I want to wish the best of the luck to the FW team this year. Rick Smith has built them into a very good team over the years and has at the very least earned my respect as a coach.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby B_Baller » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:52 pm

For some time most people start out by saying four winds isn't gonna do well or always have something negative to say......come guys i mean the bragging does get annoying but when they make it to regionals and state then no one says anything........i myself am going to start this season out with doog luck Indians
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:58 pm

im gonna have to disagree with that....i know for a fact that i have never said four winds was bad, because i know they arent and im sure they wont be this year. the posts are more of an "i hope they lose so that fans stop talking" instead of "they will lose cuz they have no players"....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BBall dominator » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:26 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:

I could brag up the HS I graduted from but I let their program speak for itself I could've been on here since I was soph.(some time ago) talking about how good we are. But sorry, I have class I know there are several players and past players on this site who come from and play for good progams who have had mulitple trips to the state tournament in years past and present not just success recently. It doesn't bother me because while your Alma mater will have a few down years I know mine will still have success. We also don't make excuses to why our teams lose I noticed the FW's fans would not shut up about how much they were going to beat DT but once it happened out came the excuses. I respect what their doing because its not easy but try it for a decade and we'll see where your program is.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby B_Baller » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:24 pm

I think they have a good program......wherever they play they pack and they are juss a goog team to watch....the only thing wrong about there fans is that loud woman that always screaming things out......she has a big voice for a little woman :mrgreen: :evil:
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Re:

Postby wildboy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:12 pm

project-pat wrote:Four Winds is overrated. They are not all they are hyped up to be. They play weak competition besides Leeds-Minn. Their coach is not #1 in the state. They run up the score just to brag that they can break 100. Alot of teams can do that if they wanted, but they just have class. Four Winds WILL NOT WIN STATE. THEY WILL LOSE IN THE FIRST ROUND to "the 7th region."

Just remember what happen last year when FW wasn't even rank in state and they made it to state and right now Starkweather is overrated because FW it hard to beat the boys on there home floor just ask Wells county what happen.
wildboy
NDPreps Starter

Re: Re:

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:35 pm

and right now Starkweather is overrated because FW it hard to beat the boys on there home floor just ask Wells county what happen.

How is a team overrated before any games have even been played? :roll:
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Re:

Postby wildboy » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:35 pm

project-pat wrote:Four Winds is overrated. They are not all they are hyped up to be. They play weak competition besides Leeds-Minn. Their coach is not #1 in the state. They run up the score just to brag that they can break 100. Alot of teams can do that if they wanted, but they just have class. Four Winds WILL NOT WIN STATE. THEY WILL LOSE IN THE FIRST ROUND to "the 7th region."

Just wait and see what happen this year again cry baby.
wildboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:20 pm

B_Baller wrote:I think they have a good program......wherever they play they pack and they are juss a goog team to watch....the only thing wrong about there fans is that loud woman that always screaming things out......she has a big voice for a little woman :mrgreen: :evil:

I am just glad she is on our side!

:lol:
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BBall dominator » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:33 pm

What happened to the great Tony Ironheart I thought he was playing at Lake Region. Don't tell me someone from FW's actually dropped out of school and isn't playing basketball I thought everyone who played for FW's is some kind of basketball god.
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:00 am

well, even if he didn't play for anyone, he is still better than you are!!!
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BBall dominator » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:21 am

Indians Alumni wrote:well, even if he didn't play for anyone, he is still better than you are!!!

Well thats good he can dominate league forever....sorry but i make my living doing something other than playing basketball. I just figured he'd do something pretaining to basketball after HS but guess not.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:33 am

Please stay away from personal attacks or the topic will be locked
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys