Best team of all time in Class B

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby BB11 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:38 am

We've covered a lot about this year - but who is the best Class B team ever?
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:53 am

I would have to say teams from the 80's and 90's would be up there.  It just seems that competition then was better.  IMO
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BB11 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:57 am

[user=232]Indians Alumni[/user] wrote:
I would have to say teams from the 80's and 90's would be up there.  It just seems that competition then was better.  IMO

I agree - I was thinking the MPCG team of the 97 season. But I didn't want to sound like I was jumping on the MPCG bandwagon - but those guys were unbelievable.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Diamond D » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:59 am

How about one of the Newburg, Hillsboro, Linton teams of the 80's??

Diamond D

Postby baller01 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:06 am

Diamond D wrote: 

How about one of the Newburg, Hillsboro, Linton teams of the 80's??

Linton vs Newburg turned out to be quit the rival. Meeting up in back-2-back state title games.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby point/center » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:26 am

I think when PBS did their documentary on the B in the late 90s LaMoue Loboes of 1976 won state by the most combined points in history...which would lend considerable arguement as to who most dominated the State B tourney.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:28 am

i'm not 100 percent certain....but did they have a game that was closer then 25...i dont believe they did
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby munson11 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:32 am

The trophy that they (1976) won has all of the scores from all of the games that year engraved onto it, I'll have to check it out tomorrow to see who the closest game was.

That trophy is freakin HUGE! I never realized they were so large back then. It takes up nearly half of that trophy case :P
munson11

Postby Diamond D » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:54 am

Linton vs Newburg turned out to be quit the rival. Meeting up in back-2-back state title games.

Hey baller01:  Those were the good ole days!  Remember the homer hankies during those years??  I still have them tuck away somewhere.

That was my birthday present from my father.  He would get me out of school and take me to the State Class B Basketball tournament.  I must have been 10-11 years old.  We used to eat at Happy Joes.  Dad always said that Thursday was the best day to attend the tourney because everyone was there to play their best game.
Diamond D

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:07 pm

Diamond D wrote:

Hey baller01:  Those were the good ole days!  Remember the homer hankies during those years??  I still have them tuck away somewhere.

That was my birthday present from my father.  He would get me out of school and take me to the State Class B Basketball tournament.  I must have been 10-11 years old.  We used to eat at Happy Joes.  Dad always said that Thursday was the best day to attend the tourney because everyone was there to play their best game.

Amen!  Those were the good old days!  The glory days of BBall in ND. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baller01 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:40 pm

Diamond D wrote:

Sorry, but those years were about 15 years before me, haha. I just hear about them now days...
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:43 pm

how bout the undefeated mpcg team with craig nelson.  i can never find out if it is a fact but i heard he had 5 turnovers the whole year at point guard.  if its true that is the most impressive stat i have ever heard.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:51 pm

FW
fruit snack

Postby thundastruck. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:28 pm

sodadrinker wrote:how bout the undefeated mpcg team with craig nelson.  i can never find out if it is a fact but i heard he had 5 turnovers the whole year at point guard.  if its true that is the most impressive stat i have ever heard.

97 mpcg team would beat them by 20 easily.  i heard that stat also.  the '97    1-3-1 trap would of caused 5 TOs by half tho...
thundastruck.

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:31 pm

thundastruck. wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:how bout the undefeated mpcg team with craig nelson.  i can never find out if it is a fact but i heard he had 5 turnovers the whole year at point guard.  if its true that is the most impressive stat i have ever heard.

97 mpcg team would beat them by 20 easily.  i heard that stat also.  the '97    1-3-1 trap would of caused 5 TOs by half tho...

only becuz of their size or what?
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby thundastruck. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:37 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
thundastruck. wrote:

only becuz of their size or what?

size, speed, tough, and had the edge to s[font=Calibri]uffocate you and that still wasnt enough for them[/font]
thundastruck.

Postby The Schwab » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:38 pm

a team like the 97 MPCG Patriots doesnt come arround too often....amazing.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thundastruck. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:40 pm

i wonder how many 30 point + wins they had..
thundastruck.

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:46 pm

That team doesnt even come close to the 97 team, or the 96 team, or maybe even the 95 team that didnt even win it all (That tournament was STACKED!). Just no comparison of athleticism, height, skill level, and not to mention the level of competition that they played. Kraft was comming of the bench as a Soph even. He would have been the leading scorer for every other team in the state and he couldnt even crack the starting lineup (if i remember right).
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby thundastruck. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:51 pm

InTheKnow wrote:

That team doesnt even come close to the 97 team, or the 96 team, or maybe even the 95 team that didnt even win it all (That tournament was STACKED!). Just no comparison of athleticism, height, skill level, and not to mention the level of competition that they played. Kraft was comming of the bench as a Soph even. He would have been the leading scorer for every other team in the state and he couldnt even crack the starting lineup (if i remember right).

95, 96, 97 was  a blurr they won by a lot -lots of times....    ya i think kraft came off the bench cus he was young.  kraft graduated in 99?  dont remem
Last edited by thundastruck. on Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thundastruck.

Postby thundastruck. » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:53 pm

thundastruck. wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:

95, 96, 97 was  a blurr they won by a lot -lots of times....    ya i think kraft came off the bench cus he was young.  kraft graduated in 99?  dont remem

and i gotta get this bit in, kraft is better than lorenz and kraft came off the bench, so where does that put lorenz on that team 8th man??
thundastruck.

Postby The Schwab » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:54 pm

thundastruck. wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:

98 i thought
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Edinburg back in late 80's early 90's when they had Guldseth they were all atheltic tough boys
toughregion2

Postby BB11 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:18 am

[user=1700]sodadrinker[/user] wrote:
how bout the undefeated mpcg team with craig nelson.  i can never find out if it is a fact but i heard he had 5 turnovers the whole year at point guard.  if its true that is the most impressive stat i have ever heard.

Craig Nelson as I've stated before is the best point guard I've seen in Class B basketball ever. However - he had a little over 30 turnovers his senior year - about an average of 1 per game - which is still EXTREMELY IMPRESSIVE considering the ball was in his hands 75% of the time. His junior year - I believe he averaged less than one per game.
That was a great team - and Craig along with Travis Kraft were two kids that should have won Mr. Basketball in their respective years.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDinPHX » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:27 am

That Edinburg team was pretty dominate in the tourney...  I think it was '88.  Correct me if I am wrong, and Guldseth was an absolute man among boys.
NDinPHX

Next

Return to Boys