players to watch

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby observer » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:07 am

Who are some previously unknown or surprise players out there that have been factors in their team's success?
Last edited by observer on Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
observer

Postby BB11 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:04 am

In region 6 - I would say Lucas Bloms from Berthold - sohomore kid that is putting up big numbers - and main reason why they have a good shot of making regionals.
I would also say Drew Sund of Westhope-Newburg - he has put up some 20+ point games this year - and is one of the best point guards in the region.
I would also say Mat Sandog of Velva is a relatively unknown who does a heck of a job getting good shots and putting up big numbers - I believe he is hitting about 17 ppg.
For Kenmare - Ryan Peterson is one that nobody mentions who has put up a few 20 + point games this year as well - good shooter - and hustler.
Those would be some of the few unknowns from Region 6 - any others.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:59 am

Gus Kueber, Sophomore from Hatton-Northwood. Just began starting half way through the season but is playing pretty good.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby baller01 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:11 am

I would say Adam Randall is the biggest surprise in region 3. I knew he was a good but he has been putting up great numbers. Whenever you talk Steele all you hear is Bakkum but really, Randall is the main reason SD is having success. We all knew Bakkum was going to be Steele's leader but I don't think many people predicted this freshman to be doing what he is doing.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:51 am

Beside Tony IH, I would say CJ IH or Chanze Herman are also good players
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballfan_05 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:47 pm

baller01 wrote:I would say Adam Randall is the biggest surprise in region 3. I knew he was a good but he has been putting up great numbers. Whenever you talk Steele all you hear is Bakkum but really, Randall is the main reason SD is having success. We all knew Bakkum was going to be Steele's leader but I don't think many people predicted this freshman to be doing what he is doing.

Yea, from looking at the boxscores and talking to people, I'm very surprised the coaches didn't know enough to have that kid play at least JV ball last year.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:43 pm

bballfan_05 wrote:
baller01 wrote:I would say Adam Randall is the biggest surprise in region 3. I knew he was a good but he has been putting up great numbers. Whenever you talk Steele all you hear is Bakkum but really, Randall is the main reason SD is having success. We all knew Bakkum was going to be Steele's leader but I don't think many people predicted this freshman to be doing what he is doing.

Yea, from looking at the boxscores and talking to people, I'm very surprised the coaches didn't know enough to have that kid play at least JV ball last year.

i tihnk theres more to the story then just Randall and the coach not letting him play.  i believe part of it was that when Bakkum was a freshman and starting on varsity, Adams older brother (who was a junior) was sittin the bench on the JV and his parents felt he should play ahead of mark.....yea dont know how they got that idea but whatever.  so after having that problem with his parents i dont think he wanted to do him any favors.  i know for a fact a few kids even asked the coach to bring him up to ATLEAST jv...think how much better he would be if he played even Jv then against little jr high kids
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:42 pm

baseball wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:

i tihnk theres more to the story then just Randall and the coach not letting him play.  i believe part of it was that when Bakkum was a freshman and starting on varsity, Adams older brother (who was a junior) was sittin the bench on the JV and his parents felt he should play ahead of mark.....yea dont know how they got that idea but whatever.  so after having that problem with his parents i dont think he wanted to do him any favors.  i know for a fact a few kids even asked the coach to bring him up to ATLEAST jv...think how much better he would be if he played even Jv then against little jr high kids

Funny this is, I seen him play in JH and he wasn't that impressive. He has come a long ways from the JH days. Of course playing with better players makes you better to but the kid has definately put in the time.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Watcher 007 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:58 am

He's also played a different roll in varsity than jv last year. Makes a big difference. Although he is a good play. How about that Purintun kid that lives in Hazelton but goes to school in Linton. I heard he can ball.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:29 am

Watcher 007 wrote:He's also played a different roll in varsity than jv last year. Makes a big difference. Although he is a good play. How about that Purintun kid that lives in Hazelton but goes to school in Linton. I heard he can ball.

for purintun, i only saw one game of his, but he absoluetly destroyed maple valley (who is a .500 team...maybe a little under). very athletic, appeared to be great off the dribble. seems to really flourish in carr's system. hard to believe he is just a sophomore. really looking forward to watching him play in the region tournament.
rep

Postby baller01 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:14 pm

rep wrote:
Watcher 007 wrote:He's also played a different roll in varsity than jv last year. Makes a big difference. Although he is a good play. How about that Purintun kid that lives in Hazelton but goes to school in Linton. I heard he can ball.

for purintun, i only saw one game of his, but he absoluetly destroyed maple valley (who is a .500 team...maybe a little under). very athletic, appeared to be great off the dribble. seems to really flourish in carr's system. hard to believe he is just a sophomore. really looking forward to watching him play in the region tournament.

Against a bad team, who doesn't destroy a bad team (no offense MV). How did he do against Beulah, 9 points, how did he do against Steele, 13 points.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:09 pm

i don't think i could destroy a bad team...i'm pretty inconsistent from behind 15 and i don't move my feet very well defensively.

also, i'm not very intense...and i like chips a bit too much.
rep

Postby baller01 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:26 am

rep wrote:i don't think i could destroy a bad team...i'm pretty inconsistent from behind 15 and i don't move my feet very well defensively.

also, i'm not very intense...and i like chips a bit too much.

Haha thats not what I meant. My point is he doesn't do anything against the good teams when it counts.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby beavof77 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:43 am

BB11 wrote:In region 6 - I would say Lucas Bloms from Berthold - sohomore kid that is putting up big numbers - and main reason why they have a good shot of making regionals.
I would also say Drew Sund of Westhope-Newburg - he has put up some 20+ point games this year - and is one of the best point guards in the region.
I would also say Mat Sandog of Velva is a relatively unknown who does a heck of a job getting good shots and putting up big numbers - I believe he is hitting about 17 ppg.
For Kenmare - Ryan Peterson is one that nobody mentions who has put up a few 20 + point games this year as well - good shooter - and hustler.
Those would be some of the few unknowns from Region 6 - any others.

I haven't even heard of some of these kids like Ryan Peterson. Are you going by scoring out put? Just because you see a few 20 point games in the paper doesn't mean they are doing anything special. Sund of Westhope gets overlooked by teams because of Mike Cooper. Sadog is a player that has done a good job this year from the few times I've seen him. Shots lots of layups and gets scrappy points here and there but I'd have to say it's due to the core of players around him. IMO
beavof77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSUBison » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:11 am

Some people to look for in the district 4 and region 2 tourny's are Tanner Carpenter, Dusty Chale, Paul Meyer, AK, Curt Enger, and Justin Moe. Especially Moe and Meyer because it is their last year and they have something to prove.
NDSUBison

Return to Boys