District 7

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ClassBballa » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:29 am

I would agree that the refs were a little inconsistent, most of what was called was a foul tho. Nothing against FW because they are a great team but if they get refs that call reach ins they are screwed cause thats what they do, reach in and swat.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:11 am

I knew after watching the game last night the big FW supporters would be complaining about the reffing today.  I thought the refs were consistant even tho FW had guys in foul trouble.  FW plays a very aggressive defense and if the refs are calling it tight they are going to be in foul trouble.  That just the risks you take with a defense like that.  I will give them credit that they played through the foul trouble and played a heck of a game.  I also think Monson was a deserving COY from what he did turning around Carrington from last year.  And I don't know if Coach Smith will even be up for Region or State COY.  The top two vote getters for each district COY get nominated for region COY and if he wasn't one of the top two he can't get region COY.  And the top two vote getters for region COY get nominated for state COY....
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ClassBballa » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:17 am

ndlionsfan wrote:I knew after watching the game last night the big FW supporters would be complaining about the reffing today.  I thought the refs were consistant even tho FW had guys in foul trouble.  FW plays a very aggressive defense and if the refs are calling it tight they are going to be in foul trouble.  That just the risks you take with a defense like that.  I will give them credit that they played through the foul trouble and played a heck of a game.  I also think Monson was a deserving COY from what he did turning around Carrington from last year.  And I don't know if Coach Smith will even be up for Region or State COY.  The top two vote getters for each district COY get nominated for region COY and if he wasn't one of the top two he can't get region COY.  And the top two vote getters for region COY get nominated for state COY....

are you sure about all this? when WC went to state Bertsch got coach of the year yet he didn't get the district or region COY because of course Calrson got it.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pacod » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:19 am

ndlionsfan wrote:I knew after watching the game last night the big FW supporters would be complaining about the reffing today.  I thought the refs were consistant even tho FW had guys in foul trouble.  FW plays a very aggressive defense and if the refs are calling it tight they are going to be in foul trouble.  That just the risks you take with a defense like that.  I will give them credit that they played through the foul trouble and played a heck of a game.  I also think Monson was a deserving COY from what he did turning around Carrington from last year.  And I don't know if Coach Smith will even be up for Region or State COY.  The top two vote getters for each district COY get nominated for region COY and if he wasn't one of the top two he can't get region COY.  And the top two vote getters for region COY get nominated for state COY....

Come on now!!!! The refs were to whistle happy, especially for a championship game. Even Palmers reaction to a couple calls gave away how the reffing was. Come on now 15 fouls to 7 is pretty ridiculous. All and all it was a good championship game. Wells is pretty scrappy!!!! Congrats FW on back to back district titles.
pacod

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:50 am

ClassBballa wrote:

are you sure about all this? when WC went to state Bertsch got coach of the year yet he didn't get the district or region COY because of course Calrson got it.

Yes, I am absolutely sure of this because I have been a coach and voted many times and know the process.  Bertsch could have been 2nd in voting at the district, which means he would be nominated to the region, then if he was 2nd in voting at the region, he would have been nominated at state and could get state COY
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ClassBballa » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:40 am

ndlionsfan wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:

Yes, I am absolutely sure of this because I have been a coach and voted many times and know the process.  Bertsch could have been 2nd in voting at the district, which means he would be nominated to the region, then if he was 2nd in voting at the region, he would have been nominated at state and could get state COY

ok. i just wasn't sure if only the COY winners from each district were the two up for COY for the region.

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fruit snack » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:50 am

nativegolfer wrote:A few observations from the game.  First, the performance by Tony IH was as big as you'll ever see from a HS player.  He absolutely refused to let FW lose.  Never lost his cool even when FW was down by 5.  Second, to the refs.  Be consistent!  There where a couple of occasions in the first half when FW was poised to break the game wide open but the refs stepped in a started to call every little thing!  And what's baffling is that they let that stuff go in FW's previous 2 games.  We had 3 players with 3 fouls in the first half.  All three would foul out in the 4th.  15 fouls in the first half.  Glad to see the boys could play thru it though.  Third, there was a crime perpetrated a the sportscenter last nite.  And that was Smith not getting COY!  I understand Monson had health probelms and he's back coaching and Carrington finishes 3rd.  OK, fine.  But Smith running the table with essentially a different team from last year isn't worthy?  Baffling, just baffling.  And D7 is going to look stupid if Smith wins region and state COY, again.   

its not like they favored WC, the refs called everything for ironheart, when FW presses they are agressive and go for the ball....eventually ur gonna find a group of refs that call a tight game, and last night was it. FW did not get a ref job by no means last night.
fruit snack

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:03 am

fruit snack wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:A few observations from the game.  First, the performance by Tony IH was as big as you'll ever see from a HS player.  He absolutely refused to let FW lose.  Never lost his cool even when FW was down by 5.  Second, to the refs.  Be consistent!  There where a couple of occasions in the first half when FW was poised to break the game wide open but the refs stepped in a started to call every little thing!  And what's baffling is that they let that stuff go in FW's previous 2 games.  We had 3 players with 3 fouls in the first half.  All three would foul out in the 4th.  15 fouls in the first half.  Glad to see the boys could play thru it though.  Third, there was a crime perpetrated a the sportscenter last nite.  And that was Smith not getting COY!  I understand Monson had health probelms and he's back coaching and Carrington finishes 3rd.  OK, fine.  But Smith running the table with essentially a different team from last year isn't worthy?  Baffling, just baffling.  And D7 is going to look stupid if Smith wins region and state COY, again.   

its not like they favored WC, the refs called everything for ironheart, when FW presses they are agressive and go for the ball....eventually ur gonna find a group of refs that call a tight game, and last night was it. FW did not get a ref job by no means last night.

Didn't say anything about a ref job!  Just saying the refs need to be consistent.  You'll never, ever hear me say a ref cost any team a game.  I swear the refs looked more rattled and under pressure than the players did. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby whatsit2u » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:47 am

nativegolfer wrote:
fruit snack wrote:

Didn't say anything about a ref job!  Just saying the refs need to be consistent.  You'll never, ever hear me say a ref cost any team a game.  I swear the refs looked more rattled and under pressure than the players did. 

Yes im sure they were under lots of pressure.  And it would be hard to call a four winds game. They're always swatting at the ball it would be hard to tell whats a foul and whats not imo.
whatsit2u
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:49 am

4 winds got called for fouls that shouldve been, but so did wells county.  4 winds got away with fouls that werent called and so did wells county.  it was the same as any other game.  the refs did a good job for the most part i thought
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:39 am

sodadrinker wrote:4 winds got called for fouls that shouldve been, but so did wells county.  4 winds got away with fouls that werent called and so did wells county.  it was the same as any other game.  the refs did a good job for the most part i thought

i concur

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rumbles » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:06 pm

coach monson took carrington from a 9 win season to going to regionals but smith has takin a team with very little size and made them the best team in the state
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby OldmanBBall » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:20 pm

Isn't Coach of the Year picked by the coaches?
OldmanBBall

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:48 pm

Yes coach of the year at any level is voted on by the coaches and only the coaches
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys