District 3-District 4-Region 2

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby web17 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:13 am

Who does everyone think will get out of each of these tournaments.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:32 am

i dont know....4 or 5 teams from each district will compete for the title..should be a good week of basketball.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:57 am

web17 wrote:Who does everyone think will get out of each of these tournaments.
Ahh! Tourney time is upon us.  My favorite time of year!!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:02 pm

I agree NG, you have to admit that, their is always something about tournament time.  The temp is usually very nice, the snow is melting.  The air is fresh and clean.  Makes for a lovely whole new season of Basketball!!!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby thesports_guy32 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:42 pm

web17 wrote:Who does everyone think will get out of each of these tournaments.

D4 will send Midway-Minto, Grafton, North Border, and Park River to the region tournament. there's not much else in D4 after that.

D3 i'm not sure about but i think it will be May-Port, Larimore, Hatton-Northwood, and Thompson but look out for Dakota Prairie.
thesports_guy32

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:14 pm

D4 would be a big upset if one of those four didnt make it. Just not enough depth in the other teams to pull off two wins that are needed to do that. The only was is if some one pulls off an upset and one of those four play each other in a loser out game to qualify for the region.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:47 am

District 4-Midway-Minto, Grafton, North Border and Park River in that order.

District 3-MPCG, Hatton-Northwood, Thompson and Dakota Prairie in that order.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:36 am

InTheKnow wrote:D4 would be a big upset if one of those four didnt make it. Just not enough depth in the other teams to pull off two wins that are needed to do that. The only was is if some one pulls off an upset and one of those four play each other in a loser out game to qualify for the region.

for that to happen they would need two of the top four teams to lose on the first night of games and they would have to be on the same half of the bracket.  haha so im 100% sure that there will not be any upsets in this district from the bottom 4 seeds.  I dont really think any of the top four teams losing to each other would be a real big upset because they are so evenly matched.  I really want to see another NB/Grafton match up but it would be more fun to watch in regionals when it's all on the line.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:17 am

Heres a crapshoot at it

dist #3  #1Thompson-#2H-N-#3Mpcg-#4dp or larimore

dist#4 #1 North Border -#2Midway-Minto-#3Grafton-#4 P-R

Just my thoughts on how i think teams will perform come districts.  I threw all the in year crap out the window. 

toughregion2

Postby The Schwab » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:17 am

toughregion2 wrote:Heres a crapshoot at it

dist #3  #1Thompson-#2H-N-#3Mpcg-#4dp or larimore

dist#4 #1 North Border -#2Midway-Minto-#3Grafton-#4 P-R

Just my thoughts on how i think teams will perform come districts.  I threw all the in year crap out the window. 

Cant happen as Thompson and H-N are in the same bracket.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Aggie_fan » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:45 am

#1 Park River

#2 Grafton

#3 Midway - Minto

#4 North Border
Aggie_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:17 am

good luck with that prediction aggie fan

i was afraid that they were in the same bracket.  Well than i guess i have to go with MPCG to win the south they have a fairly easy way to the championship

I thought there was a better chance of them getting knocked off in the semi's but now now. 
toughregion2

Postby knights4 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:26 am

I'm gonna go with #1 V/E, #2 D/ST, #3 Cavalier, #4 F/L:D
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Aggie_fan » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:10 am

The only time we have a difficult time being competitive is when are guys are not healthy. As of now everyone seems to be feeling good and ready for the tournaments. The Aggies have  beaten Grafton, Midway-MInto and the team was not at full strength against North Border. The evening of that game Smith and Carpenter had a great night shooting the ball. The tournament could be won by any one of the top four teams.
Aggie_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:15 pm

Park River is highly overated and it will show in the tourney

i have seen them play 5 times this season healthy and not so healthy and i wasnt impressed and all their games they won against so-so teams were very early in the season there end schedule was pretty easy and they lost to the tougher teams

and the win against lakota by 3  not very impressive in which they trailed at halftime

When they beat midway minto it was in the 30's and on your home court during the holiday tourney and i guarantee they wont hold them to that again. 

your wins against midway minto and grafton are a combined 3 points that tells me things just happen to fall your way THAT time.  The better teams usually win during the tourneys so lets see what happens.

I understand you are bias because you are from P-R and i would be too but i just dont think you are in the upper class of this region yet..

MIDWAY-MINTO 67  PARK RIVER 55 SATURDAY NIGHT if they both survive the first round
toughregion2

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:05 am

toughregion2 wrote:Park River is highly overated and it will show in the tourney

i have seen them play 5 times this season healthy and not so healthy and i wasnt impressed and all their games they won against so-so teams were very early in the season there end schedule was pretty easy and they lost to the tougher teams

and the win against lakota by 3  not very impressive in which they trailed at halftime

When they beat midway minto it was in the 30's and on your home court during the holiday tourney and i guarantee they wont hold them to that again. 

your wins against midway minto and grafton are a combined 3 points that tells me things just happen to fall your way THAT time.  The better teams usually win during the tourneys so lets see what happens.

I understand you are bias because you are from P-R and i would be too but i just dont think you are in the upper class of this region yet..

MIDWAY-MINTO 67  PARK RIVER 55 SATURDAY NIGHT if they both survive the first round
I dont know if I would go so far as saying park river is overrated.  I mean they beat every team in the district except nb and were without otto for that game.  just because the games were close doesn't mean that it was lucky which is what it seems like you were implying in that post.  nb had a 7 point win against grafton, grafton had a 6 or 7 point win against nb.  grafton and pr had 1 and 2 point wins the times they played.  The only game that was a real big blowout was pr and midway minto which *has an asterisk by it since they were without moe.  Midway minto put a beating on grafton earlier january just after the break, m/m had just played the pr holiday tournament and grafton hadn't played since the first game with nb i believe.  all the games this year have been close so i dont see a clear cut winner or loser in the semifinal games.  m-m and pr is the only one that i would try to predict and I would predict m-m because they have been playing good basketball lately and are on a roll right now going into districts as pr kinda stumbled in with a few losses they didn't expect and some sickness on the team.  I dont want to venture a guess for the nb/grafton game, too close to call
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDSUBison » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:19 am

Hags? Don't you go to school? Don't you have papers to write instead of leaving a book on Preps? haha. J/k.
NDSUBison

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:53 pm

TODAY IS THE DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
toughregion2

Postby NBE2007 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:05 pm

Gonna be a great couple of days of basketball in Grafton...does anyone think that Grafton will have an edge playing on their homecourt during districts?
NBE2007

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:09 pm

They may have a slight advantage but lets hope the hockey team does well

thats where their crowd will go...Grafton is still a hockey town

If it is an advantage well than other teams will have to overcome that No Excuses
toughregion2

Postby NBE2007 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:21 pm

Will be fun to watch the NB vs. Grafton match for the third time...first time NB wins in Grafton by 9, then Grafton comes to Walhalla and wins by 6..so i'm interested to see what happens in this match
NBE2007

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:09 pm

toughregion2 wrote:Park River is highly overated and it will show in the tourney

Also factor in to the first M-M PR game during the holiday tournament in PR, is PR officials. Isnt it funny they always finish higher in that tournament then they usually do at the end of the year when the officials are selected by the coaches.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby knights4 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:14 am

Ya, home refs help, but the tourny schedule makers help more, it seems like every year they have a cupcake path to the championship. 
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSUBison » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:15 am

What helps make a good tourny is good teams. You look at District four and the difference between the top four and the bottom four teams is huge. Second round is going to be very exciting. You can't ever overlook the first round either. NB got bounced in the first round of the district tourny two years ago by D/ST. District 3 is tough because any one of about five teams can win that tourny. The Region is really up for grabs too.
NDSUBison

Postby toughregion2 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:08 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:

I dont know if I would go so far as saying park river is overrated.  I mean they beat every team in the district except nb and were without otto for that game.  just because the games were close doesn't mean that it was lucky which is what it seems like you were implying in that post.  nb had a 7 point win against grafton, grafton had a 6 or 7 point win against nb.  grafton and pr had 1 and 2 point wins the times they played.  The only game that was a real big blowout was pr and midway minto which *has an asterisk by it since they were without moe.  Midway minto put a beating on grafton earlier january just after the break, m/m had just played the pr holiday tournament and grafton hadn't played since the first game with nb i believe.  all the games this year have been close so i dont see a clear cut winner or loser in the semifinal games.  m-m and pr is the only one that i would try to predict and I would predict m-m because they have been playing good basketball lately and are on a roll right now going into districts as pr kinda stumbled in with a few losses they didn't expect and some sickness on the team.  I dont want to venture a guess for the nb/grafton game, too close to call

just like i said OVERRATED they get beat by 10 and MIDWAY MINTO didnt have there leading scorer on the floor
toughregion2

Next

Return to Boys