District 3-District 4-Region 2

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NBE2007 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:01 am

I have North Border over Midway-Minto.....i dunno what they can against us without Enger
NBE2007

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:13 am

toughregion2 wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
toughregion2 wrote:Park River is highly overated and it will show in the tourney

i have seen them play 5 times this season healthy and not so healthy and i wasnt impressed and all their games they won against so-so teams were very early in the season there end schedule was pretty easy and they lost to the tougher teams

and the win against lakota by 3  not very impressive in which they trailed at halftime

When they beat midway minto it was in the 30's and on your home court during the holiday tourney and i guarantee they wont hold them to that again. 

your wins against midway minto and grafton are a combined 3 points that tells me things just happen to fall your way THAT time.  The better teams usually win during the tourneys so lets see what happens.

I understand you are bias because you are from P-R and i would be too but i just dont think you are in the upper class of this region yet..

MIDWAY-MINTO 67  PARK RIVER 55 SATURDAY NIGHT if they both survive the first round
I dont know if I would go so far as saying park river is overrated.  I mean they beat every team in the district except nb and were without otto for that game.  just because the games were close doesn't mean that it was lucky which is what it seems like you were implying in that post.  nb had a 7 point win against grafton, grafton had a 6 or 7 point win against nb.  grafton and pr had 1 and 2 point wins the times they played.  The only game that was a real big blowout was pr and midway minto which *has an asterisk by it since they were without moe.  Midway minto put a beating on grafton earlier january just after the break, m/m had just played the pr holiday tournament and grafton hadn't played since the first game with nb i believe.  all the games this year have been close so i dont see a clear cut winner or loser in the semifinal games.  m-m and pr is the only one that i would try to predict and I would predict m-m because they have been playing good basketball lately and are on a roll right now going into districts as pr kinda stumbled in with a few losses they didn't expect and some sickness on the team.  I dont want to venture a guess for the nb/grafton game, too close to call

just like i said OVERRATED they get beat by 10 and MIDWAY MINTO didnt have there leading scorer on the floor
yeah that is a pretty big win for midway minto but its not that big of a deal because PR can still do well in regionals and fix what went wrong tonight.  I still dont think one game can determine this, if PR falls off the edge and loses their next two games then i'll admit that they were overrated this year but you don't know until they play more games against good opponents when it counts
Last edited by north_border_eagles2106 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:25 am

The third fourth place game is huge for both pr and grafton. Matchups are huge for park river. because if they end up playing mpcg i don't think they match up well. Lorenz will try to tire out moe and it will probably work. park river would need otto and the others to step up. Grafton is big but inconsistent. I honestly think they are a dangerous team.
PA42

Postby Region 2 fan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:19 am

Does anyone know what exactly Enger's injury is and how long he is out?  Will he be available for the championship at all or probably not till regions or what?
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:42 am

Grafton will be very dangerous

North Border played very well against them

they played tough man to man and shut them down in the first half 34-19 at halftime

i do believe Kilinski averages about 25 ppg had 10 against north borders big men

North Borders big men had 21 and 16 North Border looked pretty impressive and i figured grafton would win in a close one
toughregion2

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:55 am

horne98 wrote:The third fourth place game is huge for both pr and grafton. Matchups are huge for park river. because if they end up playing mpcg i don't think they match up well. Lorenz will try to tire out moe and it will probably work. park river would need otto and the others to step up. Grafton is big but inconsistent. I honestly think they are a dangerous team.
yeah i agree that it will work putting lorenz on moe and wearing him down.  lorenz and moe have been playing against or with each other for years on eci teams or grand am teams and know each others game pretty well which favors lorenz since he knows what moe likes to do on offense.  I think if MPCG runs into grafton in the first round they may be exciting early because they have no match ups with grafton.  Even if lorenz guards kliniske he'll still get pretty good numbers against him and that will leave schiller with knudson(6'2 or 6'1) on him which favors grafton.  guard play will be huge for grafton if they do meet because klath is experience in big games and is playing well right now. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby thesports_guy32 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:51 am

Region 2 fan wrote:Does anyone know what exactly Enger's injury is and how long he is out?  Will he be available for the championship at all or probably not till regions or what?

I heard that he sprained his ankle and would be out for at least the district tournament. MM had a pretty good game against PR but you could tell that Enger was out. Besides a few treys from Mozinski they didn't have much of a perimeter threat. I have to give MM credit though, they made the stops at the end of the game and hit some clutch shots. And as for the guy who said they won by 10, you better get a new calculator... the score was 50-42. That's 8 points.
Last edited by thesports_guy32 on Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
thesports_guy32

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:17 am

thesports_guy32 wrote:
Region 2 fan wrote:Does anyone know what exactly Enger's injury is and how long he is out?  Will he be available for the championship at all or probably not till regions or what?

I heard that he sprained his ankle and would be out for at least the district tournament. MM had a pretty good game against PR but you could tell that Enger was out. Besides a few treys from Mozinski they didn't have much of a perimeter threat. I have to give MM credit though, they made the stops at the end of the game and hit some clutch shots. And as for the guy who said they won by 10, you better get a new calculator... the score was 50-42. That's 8 points.

I have to give him credit though because he did predict the spread right in an earlier post before either team played their opening round games.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby LiveForHim » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:43 pm

hey InTheKnow,  just to let you know in the holiday tourney park river was not reffed by a park river ref.  but nice try on tryin to say that we were
LiveForHim
NDPreps Reserve

Postby LiveForHim » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:49 pm

i dont know why you think that the 3rd place game will be huge because your goal is to get to state ounce you enter the region and you have to go through a variety of teams to get there so it doesnt matter who you play first round.....you just have to win. and lorenz is one heck of a defend but he wont wear down moe....he will stop him from doin some things but i think aggies and patriots would be a really good game i also think every first round in the region 2 tourney will be good....i say any 8 of the teams have a chance...........doesnt matter whos playin who
LiveForHim
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Aggie_fan » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:22 am

Park River was ahead with 3 minutes left in the fourth and had a horrible night shooting free throws anddd they lost by 8 points. I do not know what you have against these kids from P ark River  But, you sure are very negative. It is just a game and all of these kids deserve better than the garbage you are placing here. I happen to enjoy watching all of the teams; I am from PR but have traveled watching members of each through out the summer. Talking to kids and parents after the game Saturday against Midway-Minto both sides were very respectful wished each other well throughout the tournament. Maybe you should start to do the same. THe kids are not responsible for who refs the games in when you indicated that PR only does well at home during tournaments. I was not going to type anything but  I am in education and responses such as yours get me upset. (This is for the individual who responded PR lost by 10)
Last edited by Aggie_fan on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aggie_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:46 pm

I stated my thoughts on P-R i thought they were overrated and they are.  If the kids read this garbage that should give them incentive to prove some of us wrong.  You choose to come on this site and read what you call garbage.  Im sorry your team lost but i made the prediction thats it i didnt go into the locker room and call them down, because i believe they are probaly good kids, but that doesnt make them better at the game.  I dont owe them kids anything so as far as saying they dont deserve this and that is not right.  I truly believe what you read bothers you more than it bothers any players that read this and a man of education should know that!!!!!
toughregion2

Postby Region 2 fan » Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:55 pm

District 3 has their seeds set for the Region Tournament:

1)Thompson     2)May-Port CG     3)Hatton-Northwood     4)Larimore
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby thundastruck. » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:23 pm

what happened to mpcg???
thundastruck.

Postby toughregion2 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:23 pm

Thompson is going to be scary if they get past the first round.   Who is the home region this year.  That will decide who plays at what time.  One of the top seeds will play the earliest game which is always a dangerous game. 
toughregion2

Postby PA42 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:25 pm

thundastruck. wrote:what happened to mpcg
fou trouble, passing, defense and getting the ball inside.
PA42

Postby Duce » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:27 pm

horne....ever gonna give thompson any credit. Along with all other area teams except for yours truly hillsboro and mayville
*Lead not by words, but by example
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Region 2 fan » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:27 pm

toughregion2 wrote:Thompson is going to be scary if they get past the first round.   Who is the home region this year.  That will decide who plays at what time.  One of the top seeds will play the earliest game which is always a dangerous game. 

Thompson will play the 3rd game of the day next Monday I believe.  The way Thompson looked tonight, they should have no problem making it out of the first round but where have they been all year?  Tonight was the team everyone was fearing in the preseason and it took until their 22nd game of the year or something like that to figure it out.  We are going to have one heck of a region tournament on our hands this year.  Can't wait.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby Duce » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:31 pm

Region 2 fan wrote:
toughregion2 wrote:Thompson is going to be scary if they get past the first round.   Who is the home region this year.  That will decide who plays at what time.  One of the top seeds will play the earliest game which is always a dangerous game. 

Thompson will play the 3rd game of the day next Monday I believe.  The way Thompson looked tonight, they should have no problem making it out of the first round but where have they been all year?  Tonight was the team everyone was fearing in the preseason and it took until their 22nd game of the year or something like that to figure it out.  We are going to have one heck of a region tournament on our hands this year.  Can't wait.

good call. they have not showed up at most games....
*Lead not by words, but by example
Duce
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:32 pm

Did they run the ball on Mayville.  I mean Mayville really didnt score way under their average.  I just cant see Mayville giving up 65 unless Thompson ran the court.  Mayville has owned the half court game for a long time. 
toughregion2

Postby thundastruck. » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:38 pm

thompson showed what their capable of, see if can keep it consistent.  both teams had guys in foul trouble, thompson owned the boards and played better d.  and much better o
thundastruck.

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:54 pm

this may have been a statement game for thompson, hegg finally started to hit open shots and was the difference in the game IMO.  i'm not taking anything away from what they did here, they dominated mayport tonight but im sure since they were playing may port it added a little fuel to the fire of playing against the team that has given them the most problems for as long as i can remember.  Best case scenario for thompson is getting PR in the first round.  Not that PR is weak by any stretch of the imagination but I don't think that a first round match up with grafton would suit them well.  yes you have to be able to beat any teams in the region but I think if they run into grafton in the first round it will be more trouble then PR.  Tommorow nights games could go either way and I think the championship game will be very competitive as the loser of that game gets H-N in the first round who played good today.  Definitely got over whatever was bothering them against CV and are a tough out every year although they haven't won a big game in post season(regional) play since the co-op. Kueber looked comfortable hitting three's today and knocked in i think 3 in the game and played well defensively.  wold had a tough night shooting the ball and couldn't seem to find his usual rhythm.  wallace played good defense on nichols but had trouble finishing his plays in the paint after his initial moves, which are good.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:20 pm

Duce wrote:horne....ever gonna give thompson any credit. Along with all other area teams except for yours truly hillsboro and mayville
he asked me what happened to mayville. thompson played really well tonight. congratulations
PA42

Postby cubsfan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:52 am

thundastruck. wrote:what happened to mpcg???

MPCG played like crap.  But Thompson played really well.  Thompson's coach actually made a good decision to start the second half.  He put Myron on Ben Knudson then put Casey Nelson on Lorenz.  Myron helped make almost impossible to get the ball to Lorenz in the post.  Thompson played very well defensively too.  Good luck at regionals.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:37 am

i honestly don't think mpcg guards took enough chances to get lorenz the ball down low. Not only to score but set up shots. because he was open for a second. I would have liked to seen them try it instead of passing the ball around the three point line.
PA42

PreviousNext

Return to Boys