2-19-07 Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:23 am

bbjay wrote:I watched 4 winds play mohall....they pressed the first half and jumped out to something like a 50-25 lead, wasn't even a close game....then, to start the 2nd half they pulled the press and mohall made a comeback....i was asking myself "why'd they take the press off"?  I think 4 winds ended up winning by 10-15 when it could have been 100-40 if they would have kept the press on.  So, my only experience watching them, I saw them pull the press when they were up big.  I know teams that will press no matter what the score is all the way through 3 quarters then pull it off.  As a coach, I know how almost no lead is safe and I wouldn't hesitate to keep a press on for 3 quarters.  Also, if I were losing, I wouldn't care if a team pressed the whole game...matter of fact, I live for it, I love beating presses, if I can't figure out how to beat it, then it's my fault.

Amen! 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:25 am

Put yourself in the coaches position, would you rather hear people accuse you of running up the score, or explain to everyone how you let the other team make a great comeback.  You always err on the side of safety.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby fruit snack » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:30 am

FW does have a good press....i give most of the credit to cj ironheart, when he keeps his hands up and hustles around its hard to get by him
fruit snack

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:40 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
bbjay wrote:I watched 4 winds play mohall....they pressed the first half and jumped out to something like a 50-25 lead, wasn't even a close game....then, to start the 2nd half they pulled the press and mohall made a comeback....i was asking myself "why'd they take the press off"?  I think 4 winds ended up winning by 10-15 when it could have been 100-40 if they would have kept the press on.  So, my only experience watching them, I saw them pull the press when they were up big.  I know teams that will press no matter what the score is all the way through 3 quarters then pull it off.  As a coach, I know how almost no lead is safe and I wouldn't hesitate to keep a press on for 3 quarters.  Also, if I were losing, I wouldn't care if a team pressed the whole game...matter of fact, I live for it, I love beating presses, if I can't figure out how to beat it, then it's my fault.

Amen! 

Finally a voice of reason.  Thanks brotha!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:43 am

NDSportsFan wrote: Put yourself in the coaches position, would you rather hear people accuse you of running up the score, or explain to everyone how you let the other team make a great comeback.  You always err on the side of safety.

If i was a coach that was getting pressed that bad i wouldn't complain if they left it on.  obviously my players could learn something from it if they are having that much trouble breaking it.  the best time to learn is in game situations so i dont think that pressing all game is that big of a deal.  don't fix what isn't broken.  unless you're players are making a joke out of it and trying to embarass the other team while they are pressuring them then i think it's fine.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bbjay » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:57 am

Let me rescind a little bit here...if your playing a team that you know is overmatched, I wouldn't press the whole game....but if i'm up 15-20 with 3 or 4 minutes left..i'm pressing
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby u no it » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:18 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
SCC wrote:
u no it wrote:[user=1131]basketballer[/user] wrote:
1 Four Winds

2 Watford City

3 Hankinson

4 Kildeer

5 Minnewauken-Leeds

6 Hazen

7 Lisbon

8 MPCG

9 Beulah

10 tie� Parshall, Steele-Dawson, Wells County

teams getting votes -- Dickinson Trinity, Grafton, LaMoure, Bishop Ryan, Linton, Kindred
MPCG OVER RATED

They are the #1 seed from District 3.  You have to give them that.

they are playing a lot better at this point of the season but i dont know about giving them a spot in the poll.  this poll just predicted mpcg to go to state so we'll see how they do in tournaments

They wont match up to any team in the State tournament if they make it NO WAY!! "OVER RATED"
u no it

Postby fruit snack » Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:22 pm

u no it wrote:
SCC wrote:
1 Four Winds

2 Watford City

3 Hankinson

4 Kildeer

5 Minnewauken-Leeds

6 Hazen

7 Lisbon

8 MPCG

9 Beulah

teams getting votes -- Dickinson Trinity, Grafton, LaMoure, Bishop Ryan, Linton, Kindred
MPCG OVER RATED

they are playing a lot better at this point of the season but i dont know about giving them a spot in the poll.  this poll just predicted mpcg to go to state so we'll see how they do in tournaments

They wont match up to any team in the State tournament if they make it NO WAY!! "OVER RATED"
nice post
Last edited by fruit snack on Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fruit snack

Postby ohiostate31 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:21 pm

fruit snack wrote:
u no it wrote:
SCC wrote:
1 Four Winds

2 Watford City

3 Hankinson

4 Kildeer

5 Minnewauken-Leeds

6 Hazen

7 Lisbon

8 MPCG

9 Beulah

MPCG OVER RATED

nice post

mpcg is over rated
ohiostate31

Previous

Return to Boys