2-19-07 Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Flyer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:35 am

What will the final poll of the regular season look like??
Flyer

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:57 am

FW # 1 Baby!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ben23 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:21 am

Did M-L lose last week?  Because if they didn't lose wouldnt they be #1 or why would Hankinson drop they didn't lose to a North Dakota team they lost to a good Hillcrest team and they had an off day.
Last edited by Ben23 on Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby WildWarrior » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:55 am

Ben23 wrote:Did M-L lose last week?  Because if they didn't lose wouldnt they be #1 or why would Hankinson drop they didn't lose to a North Dakota team they lost to a good Hillcrest team and they had an off day.

WOW where have you been?  Didn't you see the 12 pages bragging up FW vs. ML!

LOL j/k  M-L lost by 14 to FW
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndman11 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:05 am

Hillcrest is a solid basketball team but the loss will bring down Hankinson. But records dont mean crap and really neither will the poll. Its tourny time and its going to depend on who wants it.
ndman11
NDPreps Starter

Postby westpower » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:24 am

what is the final poll
Last edited by westpower on Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby indiandrumhopper » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:39 pm

SCC wrote:You'd think Four Winds would have to be #1 at this point.
I think FW  will be number one because all the top three teams that are ranked in the state got beat  all this week and FW keeps on winning.
Last edited by indiandrumhopper on Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
indiandrumhopper

Postby basketballer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:47 pm

1 Four Winds

2 Watford City

3 Hankinson

4 Kildeer

5 Minnewauken-Leeds

6 Hazen

7 Lisbon

8 MPCG

9 Beulah

10 tie  Parshall, Steele-Dawson, Wells County

teams getting votes -- Dickinson Trinity, Grafton, LaMoure, Bishop Ryan, Linton, Kindred
Last edited by basketballer on Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basketballer

Postby Flyer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:27 pm

Are these your picks or is this the final poll???
Flyer

Postby fightingsioux20 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:29 pm

How can Watford City be 2 when they just lost to Parshall
fightingsioux20
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketballer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:35 pm

This is the actual poll.   kmav.com
basketballer

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:44 pm

no matter how bad the polls are, im never amazed at where everyone is picked.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flyer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:53 pm

Although they lost to parshall at parshall by 1, they turned around and beat Dickinson Trinity @ DT by 30 and Hazen at home by 28..Those two games must have given the pollster something to write home about???? However it doesn't matter because all teams start with the same record on Friday in the districts (0-0)..All the polls are is a reward to the players and teams in the polls..It's nice for all these teams to get recognized in the state..
Flyer

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:43 pm

just noticed region 4 has just as many ranked teams as region 7.  what do u region 7 guys have to say about that
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:44 pm

sodadrinker wrote:just noticed region 4 has just as many ranked teams as region 7.  what do u region 7 guys have to say about that

I'm not a region 7 guy and will say that region 4 is right up there with region 7. I still think region 7 is the best but I would say region 4 is right there.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:47 pm

baller01 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:just noticed region 4 has just as many ranked teams as region 7.  what do u region 7 guys have to say about that

I'm not a region 7 guy and will say that region 4 is right up there with region 7. I still think region 7 is the best but I would say region 4 is right there.

im gonna say outside of the those top 3 teams in region 4 i dont think they are up with region 7 either but those top 3 are definately with the best teams in region 7
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:51 pm

Yeah we'll probably see another region 7-region 4 WHOMPING in the state tourney. If I'm not mistaken, Trinity absolutely throttled an "undefeated" 4 winds team. Don't be surprised if that happens again this year whether its trinity, beulah, hazen, killdeer, RT, or any team from region 7.
project-pat

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:52 pm

fightingsioux20 wrote:How can Watford City be 2 when they just lost to Parshall

i understand watford city being at 2 easier than hazen at 6.  any team blown out by more than 20 hardly deserves to be ranked.  unless they maybe werent playin with their full team, i dont know
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:53 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
baller01 wrote:

im gonna say outside of the those top 3 teams in region 4 i dont think they are up with region 7 either but those top 3 are definately with the best teams in region 7

I actually really agree with this post. I'd say those top 3 teams would be right there with the top teams in region 7. I think the difference is that region 7 goes quite a bit deeper with having Bowman and Mott-Regent who are two very good teams.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:31 am

project-pat wrote:Yeah we'll probably see another region 7-region 4 WHOMPING in the state tourney. If I'm not mistaken, Trinity absolutely throttled an "undefeated" 4 winds team. Don't be surprised if that happens again this year whether its trinity, beulah, hazen, killdeer, RT, or any team from region 7.

Project Patty, what is your problem with FW and Region 4?  All of you said that LM was going to put a beating on FW, then we prove you wrong. 
Coach Smith is a classy guy.  He stepped in when FW needed a coach.  If he is stepping down, he has three well qualified coaches under him.  I am sure if he is stepping aside, it is to concentrate on his other duties as AD.  He wouldn't step down if he didn't feel comfortable with leaving his boys in just anyones hands.  I know the guy personally and also as a former player under his reign. 

Also, FW wasn't given a snowballs chance at the beginning of the year, they were at the bottom of the list.  They again had to prove themselves as being a top team, now the top team in the state. 

As for running up the score, I have been to a couple games, Coach Smith will put his "scrubs" in when they get up, but he does it by leaving a couple starters in to run their offense or to give the "scrubs" leadership on the court.  Also, he is going to have them be aggressive also.  If you have an open shot are you going to take it, I am sure you will, If you have a clear lay-up are not going to take it?  So don't sit there and give me your high and mighty speech about how wrong it is for FW to score a hundred.  If you have a problem with it, try a different sport, I am sure bowling is more you speed.
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cash » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:41 am

[user=232]Indians Alumni[/user] wrote:
[user=790]project-pat[/user] wrote:
Yeah we'll probably see another region 7-region 4 WHOMPING in the state tourney. If I'm not mistaken, Trinity absolutely throttled an "undefeated" 4 winds team. Don't be surprised if that happens again this year whether its trinity, beulah, hazen, killdeer, RT, or any team from region 7.

Project Patty, what is your problem with FW and Region 4?  All of you said that LM was going to put a beating on FW, then we prove you wrong. 
Coach Smith is a classy guy.  He stepped in when FW needed a coach.  He is stepping down when he has three well qualified coaches under him.  I am sure he is stepping aside to concentrate on his other duties as AD.  He wouldn't step down if he didn't feel comfortable with leaving his boys in just anyones hands.  I know the guy personally and also as a former player under his reign. 

Also, FW wasn't given a snowballs chance at the beginning of the year, they were at the bottom of the list.  They again had to prove themselves as being a top team, now the top team in the state. 

As for running up the score, I have been to a couple games, Coach Smith will put his "scrubs" in when they get up, but he does it by leaving a couple starters in to run their offense or to give the "scrubs" leadership on the court.  Also, he is going to have them be aggressive also.  If you have an open shot are you going to take it, I am sure you will, If you have a clear lay-up are not going to take it?  So don't sit there and give me your high and mighty speech about how wrong it is for FW to score a hundred.  If you have a problem with it, try a different sport, I am sure bowling is more you speed.
the one thing i never have liked about four winds, and its not sayin its wrong, kind of unclassy tho, if their playing a horrible team, they keep their press on the whole game, never take it off and beat ppl 100-30 last year, i dont know if they did that this year to anyone, but they did it all year last year, they are a good team but SOMETIMES, classless
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:48 am

He does not put a full court on, he will have them picked up just before half line.  I know this first hand playing for him, and when there are blow outs we pull our press back to half court trap.  If teams cannot beat the trap on a JV squad playing slop time, then they should co-op with another school to get a point guard to bring it up
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby u no it » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:55 am

[user=1131]basketballer[/user] wrote:
1 Four Winds

2 Watford City

3 Hankinson

4 Kildeer

5 Minnewauken-Leeds

6 Hazen

7 Lisbon

8 MPCG

9 Beulah

10 tie  Parshall, Steele-Dawson, Wells County

teams getting votes -- Dickinson Trinity, Grafton, LaMoure, Bishop Ryan, Linton, Kindred
MPCG OVER RATED
u no it

Postby bbjay » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:57 am

I watched 4 winds play mohall....they pressed the first half and jumped out to something like a 50-25 lead, wasn't even a close game....then, to start the 2nd half they pulled the press and mohall made a comeback....i was asking myself "why'd they take the press off"?  I think 4 winds ended up winning by 10-15 when it could have been 100-40 if they would have kept the press on.  So, my only experience watching them, I saw them pull the press when they were up big.  I know teams that will press no matter what the score is all the way through 3 quarters then pull it off.  As a coach, I know how almost no lead is safe and I wouldn't hesitate to keep a press on for 3 quarters.  Also, if I were losing, I wouldn't care if a team pressed the whole game...matter of fact, I live for it, I love beating presses, if I can't figure out how to beat it, then it's my fault.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:29 am

SCC wrote:
u no it wrote:[user=1131]basketballer[/user] wrote:
1 Four Winds

2 Watford City

3 Hankinson

4 Kildeer

5 Minnewauken-Leeds

6 Hazen

7 Lisbon

8 MPCG

9 Beulah

10 tie� Parshall, Steele-Dawson, Wells County

MPCG OVER RATED

They are the #1 seed from District 3.  You have to give them that.

they are playing a lot better at this point of the season but i dont know about giving them a spot in the poll.  this poll just predicted mpcg to go to state so we'll see how they do in tournaments
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Boys