What's the highest scoring game this season?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby TJayU » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:33 pm

I saw a couple games where a team got in the 90's, but what's the highest scored by one team, or combined? 
TJayU

Postby baller01 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:36 pm

TJayU wrote:I saw a couple games where a team got in the 90's, but what's the highest scored by one team, or combined? 

FW put up 106. As far as I know, thats the high.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby blaze88 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:05 pm

i would say the parshall vs. bottineau game is the highest combined score with 90 and 86 which is 176 points in a game.
blaze88

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:09 pm

4 winds has scored 100 three times this year.  100 against bcn, 105 against warwick, and 106 against maddock
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:14 pm

surprised they haven't broke 100 every game.
project-pat

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:18 pm

well the way it seems to me is that if they have a shot at getting to 100 they leave the better players in until they get there.  im guessing if they get up to 90 with some time left they leave their big guns in so they can reach 100 on games they have a chance.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:29 pm

sodadrinker wrote:well the way it seems to me is that if they have a shot at getting to 100 they leave the better players in until they get there.  im guessing if they get up to 90 with some time left they leave their big guns in so they can reach 100 on games they have a chance.

Well thats a little dumb if you ask me. If they are winning by that much, they should take out their starters with at least 4 minutes left to give other ppl playing time.
project-pat

Postby itsallabouteddie » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:34 pm

my friend lives near Bemidji and he said that Cass Lake Bena nearby there is averaging 100 points per game and giving up like 65 that's crazy!
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:42 pm

highest by one team in one game is north border putting 107 on cavalier, yes i know, it's cavalier but it's still the high... haha. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:50 pm

sodadrinker wrote:well the way it seems to me is that if they have a shot at getting to 100 they leave the better players in until they get there.  im guessing if they get up to 90 with some time left they leave their big guns in so they can reach 100 on games they have a chance.

the Steele-Wilton game yesterday, Steele coulda easily reached 100.  Starters didnt even start the 4th Quarter.  had 77 or so goin into the forth and ended with 89.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:03 pm

i didn't go to the game against cavalier but by the way it sounds we could've put up probably 150 against them.  two players for us, carpenter and chale equaled cavaliers total for the game and they played roughly 2 quarters.  the seniors played together for the 3rd quarter since it was the last game in walhalla for them and the whol fourth quarter was played by our jv players when we had 89 at the start.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:26 pm

the reason i was impressed with how easily Steele coulda scored 100 was that Wilton beat Shiloh by double digits and I was actually kinda impressed with shiloh, they have a good team. so to watch STeele dominate Wilton the way they did it was a fun one to watch.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:40 am

I saw a score from SD where Little Wound beat some team 127-76.  That musta been a crazy game to watch.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby BB11 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:23 am

[user=187]blaze88[/user] wrote:
i would say the parshall vs. bottineau game is the highest combined score with 90 and 86 which is 176 points in a game.

The Bottineau - Parshall game was the highest I've seen for a combined score - that one was a dandy!
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby P-town Brave » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:50 am

parshall vs. bottineau was the high scoring game that I know of.  A lot of teams could of scored over a 100 pts. in game but it show's class when your up more 30 pts. to take out your starters and let the other members play and not see how bad you can bet them and be brag about like some PEOPLE do.
P-town Brave
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:53 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:highest by one team in one game is north border putting 107 on cavalier, yes i know, it's cavalier but it's still the high... haha. 

Did they leave their starters in to accomplish that?  I mean if they scored over a hundred they must have left their starters in
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NBE2007 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:33 am

we didn't...they took the guys out with like 3 mins to go with our score at like 89 or low 90's
NBE2007

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:38 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:highest by one team in one game is north border putting 107 on cavalier, yes i know, it's cavalier but it's still the high... haha. 

Did they leave their starters in to accomplish that?  I mean if they scored over a hundred they must have left their starters in

the actual starters didn't play together after about 3 minutes in the second half were passed then the seniors got time together and for most of the 4th quarter was the bench players.   how long were FW's starters in the game when they dropped 106
Last edited by north_border_eagles2106 on Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:40 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:

the actual starters didn't play together after about 3 minutes in the second half were passed then the seniors got time together and for most of the 4th quarter was the bench players. 

NB i think the point of IA's post was to show you how people are when it comes to FW scoring a hundred. I'm pretty sure NB had their reserves in, as well as FW, when they reach the century mark. Pretty exciting watching a team go over a hundred, isn't it?
pacod

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:42 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:

the actual starters didn't play together after about 3 minutes in the second half were passed then the seniors got time together and for most of the 4th quarter was the bench players.   how long were FW's starters in the game when they dropped 106
Sorry NB, I was trying to make a point at your expense, so I apologize.  I am just trying to say that when a team scores over a hundred, doesn't mean they left the starters in to do it. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:43 am

when i was in junior high we gave up something like 89 points in a game...and we scored like 17.....so beat that
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:47 am

6th grade we score 66 points, thats right 66. only 6 minute quarters and no three pointers.  Yeah i know IA people see a team go over 100 points and automatically say well they had to have left their starters in.  If a team is that bad defensively to give up 75/80 points through three quarters i wouldn't think it'd be too hard for the backups of the guys that did that to score maybe 15-18 points when the starters get pulled.  and if they do leave the starters in a little longer who cares?  it's a varsity basketball game and players have to go to practice every day of the week to get to play in games, its not really fair to them to let them play 2 quarters because the other team is that bad. 
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:53 am

The Schwab wrote:when i was in junior high we gave up something like 89 points in a game...and we scored like 17.....so beat that

For Real.  Man...............
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:50 am

Yes
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:12 am

The Schwab wrote:when i was in junior high we gave up something like 89 points in a game...and we scored like 17.....so beat that

this doesn't really have anything to do with the topic but who was that against? Because for some reason I think I remember watching a game like that.
thunderbaseball_38

Next

Return to Boys