Hazen vs. Watford City

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby AAfootballfan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:43 pm

WC-57

Hazen-38 End of 3rd Qtr
Last edited by AAfootballfan on Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AAfootballfan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:38 pm

Watford City-80

Hazen-52 Final

Shipman from WC goes over 1000 pts as a junior...Hazen now with 2 losses in a week.
Last edited by AAfootballfan on Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:55 pm

Watford travel to Trinity Friday night.  Should be interesting....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:09 pm

that score makes my day.  another good team from a different region beats one of the so called power houses from region 7. 
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:27 pm

sodadrinker wrote:that score makes my day.  another good team from a different region beats one of the so called power houses from region 7. 

i didn't even know it was possible
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby highschoolfbfan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:14 pm

it was a fluke...i heard the refs were really bad and that marshall kid was being a ball hog
highschoolfbfan

Postby baller01 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:37 pm

highschoolfbfan wrote:it was a fluke...i heard the refs were really bad and that marshall kid was being a ball hog

Wo wo wo. Don't jump down Marshalls throat. I wasn't at the game and have no clue what went down. All I know is that Hazen asks Marshall to be there leader night in and night out. Don't go out and call him a ball hog just because he had one rough game (and maybe he didn't, I'm just assuming from the looks of the score and your remarks as a ball hog).
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm

well....not anything against the kid, he's an awesome basketball player and all but...he does tend to take forced shots. I think he tries to do a little TOO much at times, which is pretty typical for a young player. He just needs to learn to trust his teammates a little more which I am sure he will learn to do as his high school days go on.
Last edited by project-pat on Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby cardinal10 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:33 am

highschoolfbfan wrote:it was a fluke...i heard the refs were really bad and that marshall kid was being a ball hog

Refs made a difference of 28 points.  I find that hard to believe.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bearsfan » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:24 am

I am not saying one way or the other on the score..... but ref's can make a 28 point difference in a game..... I f you ever watched the Mandan girls play you would see that ref's don't call any of their "slapping", holding or over the backs.  That can EASILY add up to 28 points in fast breaks and turnovers.  And the opposite can happen to a team that is getting everything called on them and the coach basically puts in a jv team to finish the game because the game doesn't mean anything to their record in their district.  Depends on how long a coach keeps the varsity team out there also because they may be "testing" the waters to see if he has some kind of bench.

Once again..... I'm not saying one way or another because I saw WC beat Beulah with a very good press and shooting 65% from the field.
Bearsfan

Postby AAfootballfan » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:14 am

ScaTMaN wrote:
AAfootballfan wrote:Watford City-80

Hazen-52 Final

Shipman from WC goes over 1000 pts as a junior...Hazen now with 2 losses in a week.

first of all that would be a pretty crappy game to watch because there was absolutely no defense. second, going over 1000 pts as a jr is really impressive. but im gonna go out and say it right now, shipman will have less than 12 pts vs trinity

I guarantee you right now that he has  more than 12 against the Titans.  I hope the Wolves hand Trinity another loss just like they did this fall in football...I watch a lot of ball down here in region 7 and I will be going to the game. Wolves will pull this one out! Shipman scores 24 and the wolves win by 8!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby unc2 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:52 pm

Well i know Watford won by 30 but i dont think Shipman got to 24, i heard he was held to 10
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:55 am

Watford put on quite a show!  Other then Keithley and Morey the Titans played tentative and didn't show much.  It seems like an annual thing when Trinity stumbles against a non district foe down the stretch.....
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:34 am

I heard WC got alot of layups on fast breaks.
project-pat

Postby unc2 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:35 am

Ya against Bowman they didnt show much except for Rising, and Morey knocked down a couple big shots. Keithly was sick tho so thats probably why he didnt do very good.  That Morey kid is going to be very tough in the future.
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby AAfootballfan » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:10 am

Its always an annual thing or some weird thing with you Trinity fans isn't it scruffy...how about one time just say that WC was the better team and that they didn't win becuase Trinity always has a bad game every year against a non district team. Its just like in the football championship you wrote on here making every excuse you could to why the Titans dind't pull it out!! Admit when you're not the better team!!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:43 pm

I thought I said Watford put on quite a show...They were impressive....
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby pacod » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:58 pm

WOW!!!! Another non-region 7 team beat a region 7 team......how dominant are they now boys. Was it 30 the lost by? Man!!!!!!
pacod

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:17 pm

pacod wrote:WOW!!!! Another non-region 7 team beat a region 7 team......how dominant are they now boys. Was it 30 the lost by? Man!!!!!!

No matter how many times Watford beats a Region 7 team, region 7 will still be the best in the state. No one said they have the future class b champion, but they do have 4 of the best teams in the state.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:20 pm

baller01 wrote:
pacod wrote:WOW!!!! Another non-region 7 team beat a region 7 team......how dominant are they now boys. Was it 30 the lost by? Man!!!!!!

No matter how many times Watford beats a Region 7 team, region 7 will still be the best in the state. No one said they have the future class b champion, but they do have 4 of the best teams in the state.

HAHA....keep thinking that.
pacod

Postby letsrap » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:21 pm

Last week it was six dwindling down
letsrap
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:25 pm

pacod wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Name a better region then region 7? Beulah, Hazen, Killdeer, and Dickinson Trinity. Name a region that has 4 better teams then that? And don't give me this region 4 crap because they have Four Winds.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:31 pm

baller01 wrote:
pacod wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Name a better region then region 7? Beulah, Hazen, Killdeer, and Dickinson Trinity. Name a region that has 4 better teams then that? And don't give me this region 4 crap because they have Four Winds.

I'm not even going to go into detail, but IMO I havn't really seen any region stick out. Every region has their dominant teams but it's been  back forth all year between regions. Saying region 7 is the best region, is saying a lot.
pacod

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:54 pm

pacod wrote:
baller01 wrote:
pacod wrote:
baller01 wrote:

I'm not even going to go into detail, but IMO I havn't really seen any region stick out. Every region has their dominant teams but it's been  back forth all year between regions. Saying region 7 is the best region, is saying a lot.

Beulah was ranked #1 in the state for awhile, Hazen was ranked #1 for awhile, Killdeer I believe was up to #2 in the polls, and Dickinson has been in the top 5 I believe. All 4 of these teams have been ranked pretty much all year long. DT was the only team that wasn't ranked in the beginning I think. Just curious, how is that sticking out? 4 teams ranked in the top 10?
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:01 pm

baller01 wrote:
pacod wrote:
baller01 wrote:
pacod wrote:
baller01 wrote:

Beulah was ranked #1 in the state for awhile, Hazen was ranked #1 for awhile, Killdeer I believe was up to #2 in the polls, and Dickinson has been in the top 5 I believe. All 4 of these teams have been ranked pretty much all year long. DT was the only team that wasn't ranked in the beginning I think. Just curious, how is that sticking out? 4 teams ranked in the top 10?

Lets be real here, all of those teams you mentioned haven't really played anyone worth bragging about besides themselves. When they did venture out of region 7 they got beat. 
pacod

Next

Return to Boys