Hazen vs. Watford City

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:16 pm

W[user=1834]pacod[/user] wrote:
baller01 wrote:
pacod wrote:
baller01 wrote:
pacod wrote:
baller01 wrote:
pacod wrote:WOW!!!! Another non-region 7 team beat a region 7 team......how dominant are they now boys. Was it 30 the lost by? Man!!!!!!

No matter how many times Watford beats a Region 7 team, region 7 will still be the best in the state. No one said they have the future class b champion, but they do have 4 of the best teams in the state.

HAHA....keep thinking that.

Name a better region then region 7? Beulah, Hazen, Killdeer, and Dickinson Trinity. Name a region that has 4 better teams then that? And don't give me this region 4 crap because they have Four Winds.

I'm not even going to go into detail, but IMO I havn't really seen any region stick out. Every region has their dominant teams but it's been  back forth all year between regions. Saying region 7 is the best region, is saying a lot.

Beulah was ranked #1 in the state for awhile, Hazen was ranked #1 for awhile, Killdeer I believe was up to #2 in the polls, and Dickinson has been in the top 5 I believe. All 4 of these teams have been ranked pretty much all year long. DT was the only team that wasn't ranked in the beginning I think. Just curious, how is that sticking out? 4 teams ranked in the top 10?

Lets be real here, all of those teams you mentioned haven't really played anyone worth bragging about besides themselves. When they did venture out of region 7 they got beat. 

Besides them all playing Richardton-Taylor, who is also a very good team and would be probably the 3rd best team in every other region in the state, Trinity has played and beat Shiloh (who isn't ranked but is probably the 3rd best team in region 5) and Center-Stanton (who is receiving votes and is probably the best team in region 5). Beulah has played and beat TLM (probably the 2nd best team in region 5), Center-Stanton (once again the top team in region 5), Linton (ranked #9 in the polls and possibly the top team in region 3) and Beulah played Minot Ryan tonight ( don't know who won but MR is maybe the top team in region 6). Hazen has played and beat Center-Stanton, Linton, TLM, and Shiloh. Killdeer has played and beat Watford City (who just went and beat Hazen and Dickinson Trininty). Make sure you go and do your homework before you say they havent played anyone else besides themselves. And even if you think they aren't the best, who is in your opinion?
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:22 pm

Jeez it took you 15 mins to look all that up. But already told you my oppinion. Thats were i stand and thats not going to change.
pacod

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:27 pm

pacod wrote:Jeez it took you 15 mins to look all that up. But already told you my oppinion. Thats were i stand and thats not going to change.

Ok, that is fine. What is your opnion? What is the top region in the state?
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:30 pm

baller01 wrote:
pacod wrote:Jeez it took you 15 mins to look all that up. But already told you my oppinion. Thats were i stand and thats not going to change.

I don't think there is a top region in the state. I think every region is well balanced and the top team in almost every region can get beat by another regions top team, but thats whats exciting about class B basketball. We'll find out which region prevails at the state tourney.
pacod

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:38 pm

pacod wrote:
baller01 wrote:

I don't think there is a top region in the state. I think every region is well balanced and the top team in almost every region can get beat by another regions top team, but thats whats exciting about class B basketball. We'll find out which region prevails at the state tourney.

I agree with you on this, obviously Watford can beat the top teams region 7. I'm just saying if you look at the top 4 teams in there region, each one of those four would be #1 or #2 in every other region in the state.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:16 pm

HAHA well balanced. No other team has 4 teams in the top 10 in the state and 1 team that should be.
project-pat

Postby jdeere » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:23 pm

im with you baller01  region 7 is the best this year in the state, no other team has 4 talented state worthy teams , granit other regions might have 1 or 2 dominant teams , but not 4   and just because they all have some losses is only because they have been playing each other   region 7 is a strong region THIS YEAR
"when we play like we play when we play, no one can stop us" Dennis Green
jdeere
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:27 pm

They were the best region LAST YEAR as well. 3 mr. basketball caliber players and all those all state picks.
project-pat

Postby sodadrinker » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:29 pm

project-pat wrote:HAHA well balanced. No other team has 4 teams in the top 10 in the state and 1 team that should be.

i think were finding out that all these region 7 teams being ranked at the beginning of the year is all they have to be happy about.  the best team in region 7 would maybe get out of 1 or 2 other regions.  as of now i have to say killdeer is the best team in region 7 becuz they are the only team that hasnt been blown out (that ive seen).  IMO killdeer would make it out of region 2 and that is the only region that i would have faith in them winning
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:39 pm

its just my opinion but i think that region 7 can be compared to region 6.  they each have a number of teams capable of making it to state but i really dont see either region winning state.  if a team plays their best bball from one of these regions they have the potential but i just dont see it happening.

you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby xcolt90 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:17 am

All 5 of the top teams in Region 7 would win Region 5.  Killdeer has beaten Watford City by more than the one point that Parhall did.  Beulah went to Minot Ryan and beat them so it could be said they could win that regional.  Linton is very beatable by the teams from Region 7 as well.

You are way off saying they would only win one other region.  Other regions have great teams but Region 7 has 4 really good teams and one slightly better than good team and then district 13 adds in a couple of very respectable teams that compete.

Region 7 is easily the deepest region in the state.  That means they are the toughest/best region this year, and last year.
xcolt90

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:42 am

baller01 wrote:
pacod wrote:
baller01 wrote:
pacod wrote:
baller01 wrote:
pacod wrote:WOW!!!! Another non-region 7 team beat a region 7 team......how dominant are they now boys. Was it 30 the lost by? Man!!!!!!

No matter how many times Watford beats a Region 7 team, region 7 will still be the best in the state. No one said they have the future class b champion, but they do have 4 of the best teams in the state.

Name a better region then region 7? Beulah, Hazen, Killdeer, and Dickinson Trinity. Name a region that has 4 better teams then that? And don't give me this region 4 crap because they have Four Winds.

I'm not even going to go into detail, but IMO I havn't really seen any region stick out. Every region has their dominant teams but it's been  back forth all year between regions. Saying region 7 is the best region, is saying a lot.

Beulah was ranked #1 in the state for awhile, Hazen was ranked #1 for awhile, Killdeer I believe was up to #2 in the polls, and Dickinson has been in the top 5 I believe. All 4 of these teams have been ranked pretty much all year long. DT was the only team that wasn't ranked in the beginning I think. Just curious, how is that sticking out? 4 teams ranked in the top 10?

Rankings don't mean squat!  It's just the teams with the most recent years of success stay ranked until they lose too much to be in there.   Look at MPCG this year.  Been ranked most of the year and its only because they are MPCG.  Don't get me wrong either, they are a pretty decent team this year just not one of the top 10 in the state.  I think REGION 4 ranks right up there with region 7.  FW, WC, and ML are 3 of the best in state just like DT, Hazen, Beulah and Killdeer if you want to throw them in there.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby letsgosox » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:46 am

baller01 wrote:
pacod wrote:
baller01 wrote:
pacod wrote:
baller01 wrote:

actually i think killdeer was the only one of those teams that wasnt ranked at the beginning of the year. thats why it was a big upset when they won the roughrider
letsgosox

Previous

Return to Boys