Past 3 seasons

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby nativegolfer » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:59 am

FW currently has a 64-7 record for the past 3 seasons.  Just curious if there is a team with a better record over that same period.  First team that comes to mind is DT.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ping Pong » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:04 am

i think they are 41 - 4 in the last two seasons but i cant find stats for the year before.
Ping Pong

Postby bballer2 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:20 am

better check out tappens record it willbe close to those........
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:42 am

the thing that kills the teams like Trinity in this is for the past 3 years theyve been playing Bowman and Killdeer who have always been beating each other.  im gonna say if they play Harvey and Midkota for their toughest games of the year they might be 64-7 or whatever FW is
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby letsgosox » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:59 am

Ping Pong wrote:i think they are 41 - 4 in the last two seasons but i cant find stats for the year before.

3 years ago trinity won the roughrider and i dont think they had more than 3 losses. i know they had an undefeated regular season in the disrict, then lost to GUH in the district championship game. That loss and the one at state would be the only ones i can think of.
letsgosox

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:04 am

baseball wrote:the thing that kills the teams like Trinity in this is for the past 3 years theyve been playing Bowman and Killdeer who have always been beating each other.  im gonna say if they play Harvey and Midkota for their toughest games of the year they might be 64-7 or whatever FW is

im pretty sure harvey and midkota aren't their toughest games; LM, WC, Standing Rock have all been good teams for quite a while 
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:40 am

baseball wrote:the thing that kills the teams like Trinity in this is for the past 3 years theyve been playing Bowman and Killdeer who have always been beating each other.  im gonna say if they play Harvey and Midkota for their toughest games of the year they might be 64-7 or whatever FW is

how new rockford for about 3 years straight.  pretty sure they had a better team when they won state than any team in region 7 in the last 3 years. 
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:44 am

new rockford was 80-5 from 02-05 so if u can think of a region 7 team better than that i would be more than happy to hear about it
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby letsgosox » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:46 am

sodadrinker wrote:

how new rockford for about 3 years straight.  pretty sure they had a better team when they won state than any team in region 7 in the last 3 years. 

Ya you can't prove that and I don't think it is correct. It isn't like they were WAY better than every team in the state, it took two overtimes for them to win. You don't know that last years Bowman or Trinity, or this years Killdeer and Hazen couldn't have beat them. That is a ridiculously arrogant statement
letsgosox

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:49 am

letsgosox wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

Ya you can't prove that and I don't think it is correct. It isn't like they were WAY better than every team in the state, it took two overtimes for them to win. You don't know that last years Bowman or Trinity, or this years Killdeer and Hazen couldn't have beat them. That is a ridiculously arrogant statement

pretty sure i just asked tyler cook 2 minutes before i put it up there to make sure i didnt put it up wrong so it is correct and when nr played good they were well above all other teams in the state that year
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:51 am

and yes it did take them 2 overtimes in the championship but they played bad right away.  go look at what the score was when they played bottineau during the regular season
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby letsgosox » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:02 pm

haha oh ya, you proved your point by asking a person who has a biased view on the topic. if you want to prove your point, go ask a player from another great team. go ask luke steiner what he thinks
letsgosox

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:04 pm

letsgosox wrote:haha oh ya, you proved your point by asking a person who has a biased view on the topic. if you want to prove your point, go ask a player from another great team. go ask luke steiner what he thinks

you said new rockford wasnt that much better than the other teams yet when they played good during the year they beat bottineau (the number 2 team in the state) by 30

sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby letsgosox » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:07 pm

So you are saying bottineau couldn't have had a bad game? or was only new rockford allowed to have bad games that year, and that they were so superior to everyone that other teams didn't play bad, they were just that good? I just want you to look at your last 3 or so posts, and realize how ridiculous you sound.
letsgosox

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:09 pm

im guessing bottineau couldve played better in that game but thats not the point im getting at, bottom line is 4 winds plays good competion here which is what i was trying to get at
Last edited by sodadrinker on Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:22 pm

pacod wrote:
letsgosox wrote:you are sounding like all the FW fans right now. I am not going to waste my time arguing with someone that is so close minded that they can't even entertain the thought of another team touching "their" team.

Your making no sense to me sox. Your very hypacritical and make yourself sound foolish. Maybe you should review your comments before you post them.

i agree, you talk alot but never really say anything.

If you ever got to see nr that year, they were amazing. bottineau had a better game than nr but still lost.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mat326 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:41 pm

All that really matters is who has the best record in March.  The rest is all warmups.
mat326
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Claz B Fan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:10 pm

Exactly you could be undefeated during regular season but it you dont make state/ win state the record doesnt mean anything!!
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:18 pm

Claz B Fan wrote:Exactly you could be undefeated during regular season but it you dont make state/ win state the record doesnt mean anything!!

2005-06 Ashley Aces.....20-0 lost to Linton in district semis and lost to Lamoure first round region finish 21-2....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cardinal10 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:47 am

If you look at the first post, this topic started with what is the best record over the past 3 years.   FW record has been good the past 3 years.  Tough to compare teams that never played each other from different 3 year or whatever periods.  You have to agree the Botno-NR game was one of the most exciting championship games ever.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys