District 4

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby thesports_guy32 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:41 am

Valley/Edinburg vs. Fordville/Lankin

Drayton/St. Thomas vs. Cavalier

Midway/Minto vs. Park River

North Border vs. Grafton
thesports_guy32

Postby knights4 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:52 pm

I'm not sure how enger got hurt my guess is that he landed on one of his teamates foot, cause nobody on our team saw what happened, but I hope he can still play this year because it's his last, and without him they don't have much of an outside threat. 
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toughregion2 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:48 pm

MIDWAY MINTO BY ABOUT 10

NORTH BORDER BY ABOUT 15
toughregion2

Postby thundastruck. » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:29 am

knights4 wrote:I'm not sure how enger got hurt my guess is that he landed on one of his teamates foot, cause nobody on our team saw what happened, but I hope he can still play this year because it's his last, and without him they don't have much of an outside threat. 

whos steppin up in place of enger?  when did he get hurt???
thundastruck.

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:00 am

thundastruck. wrote:
knights4 wrote:I'm not sure how enger got hurt my guess is that he landed on one of his teamates foot, cause nobody on our team saw what happened, but I hope he can still play this year because it's his last, and without him they don't have much of an outside threat. 

whos steppin up in place of enger?  when did he get hurt???

He got hurt opening round but I havent been able to make it to the tournament yet so not sure who is stepping up.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby thesports_guy32 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:22 pm

mondry had a good game but mozinski stepped up on the perimeter by hitting a couple treys. other than that you could tell they didn't have as much explosiveness.
thesports_guy32

Postby PA42 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:21 pm

for me midway-minto and north border are the two teams that have a shot becuase of expierence. Neither Park River or Grafton has great history in the big games.
PA42

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:30 pm

thesports_guy32 wrote:mondry had a good game but mozinski stepped up on the perimeter by hitting a couple treys. other than that you could tell they didn't have as much explosiveness.

Mozinski has the ability to potentially take over a game. He will need to fill the void of Enger.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby Region 2 fan » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:03 pm

horne98 wrote:for me midway-minto and north border are the two teams that have a shot becuase of expierence. Neither Park River or Grafton has great history in the big games.

Midway-Minto has history of stepping up in the big games?  If I remember correctly, this exact Midway-Minto team lost like a 7 point lead in the last 2 minutes to Thompson who only graduated like one senior who played (Wurtz), in the quarterfinals in the Region Tournament last year.  That isn't exactly stepping up in big games.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:07 pm

they have both been in the tournament and know how to play in a big game.
PA42

Postby thundastruck. » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:18 pm

thompson was down like 8 points with 25 seconds left and won.  in last years regional quarterfinal

major meltdown by m-m
Last edited by thundastruck. on Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thundastruck.

Postby Region 2 fan » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:18 pm

What time do the games start tomorrow?
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby thundastruck. » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:02 pm

nb  8 over mm

grafton 10 over pr
thundastruck.

Postby thesports_guy32 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:09 pm

Region 2 fan wrote:What time do the games start tomorrow?

Grafton vs. Park River @ 6

North Border vs. Midway/Minto 25 minutes after the end of the first game.
thesports_guy32

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:15 pm

Region 2 fan wrote:
horne98 wrote:for me midway-minto and north border are the two teams that have a shot becuase of experience. Neither Park River or Grafton has great history in the big games.

Midway-Minto has history of stepping up in the big games?  If I remember correctly, this exact Midway-Minto team lost like a 7 point lead in the last 2 minutes to Thompson who only graduated like one senior who played (Wurtz), in the quarterfinals in the Region Tournament last year.  That isn't exactly stepping up in big games.

yes and if you read what he wrote he said that they have experience.  last year m-m was just like grafton and pr this year, inexperience in regional play.  I think Minto and Midway both made regionals in 2001 and that was the last time for either team.  So with last years team graduating one player in sitzer i think that they will be more poised this year and ready to handle pressure a little better then what happened last year which was one of the wildest finishes to a basketball game i've ever seen.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:26 pm

what does everyone think of the park river grafton game?
PA42

Postby Aggie_fan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:29 am

These two teams always seem to play a close game and the winner normally is the home team. Grafton by less than 5.
Aggie_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:38 am

yeah i would be surprised if the outcome of this game is more then 5 points.  the outcome of this game wont seem to great for either team as the winner gets mpcg who is always ready in regionals and will be a tough out for anyone.  the loser gets thompson who last night showed some signs of what they should've been doing all year
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NBE2007 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:18 pm

Grafton handled PR pretty well...Moe got hurt and was on crutches so I dunno if he'll play any more....The North Border and Midway-Minto game was good cept that North Border missed ALOT of free throws and M-M went on to win it by 3
NBE2007

Postby thesports_guy32 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:23 pm

there was a NB half-court shot that almost tied it up at the buzzer... ball was halfway down then rattled back out.
thesports_guy32

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:44 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
Region 2 fan wrote:
horne98 wrote:for me midway-minto and north border are the two teams that have a shot becuase of experience. Neither Park River or Grafton has great history in the big games.

yes and if you read what he wrote he said that they have experience.  last year m-m was just like grafton and pr this year, inexperience in regional play.  I think Minto and Midway both made regionals in 2001 and that was the last time for either team.  So with last years team graduating one player in sitzer i think that they will be more poised this year and ready to handle pressure a little better then what happened last year which was one of the wildest finishes to a basketball game i've ever seen.

Midway went in 2002 as well. Their best team was in 2000. Lost to PR by 1 in the semi's (No call goaltending at the buzzer by Brian Bell), then lost in the loser out to #2 seed NB who was upset in the first round. That Midway team had all the talent and depth to run and gun but a coach that wanted to run a slow down game. Beat Thompson who finished I think third in the regional by 45 (yeah 45) the third game of the season. But never ran like that again after Christmas break. Absolutely ran and pressed them out of the gym. Classic example of a coach trying to do to much and not just letting kids play the game.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys