District 4

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Aggie_fan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:17 am

The top teams in the district are Park River, Grafton, Midway-Minto, and North Border. I believe Park River and Midway-Minto will finish in the top 2. There is not much seperation from any of these 4 teams. the Aggies 1ST loss came after a 10 and 0 start which included a victory over Midway-Minto. We suffereed the first loss after Moe was injured in practice. They played Midway-Minto the next night and they did not have the same enthusiasm without their leading scorer.  They have split with Grafton as well this year. THe last game is against North Border and several of the starters will miss the game due to illness.
Aggie_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:16 pm

PR has to win against north border to get the number 2 spot
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Aggie_fan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:57 pm

Sorry, for not indicating at the District tournament , I feel the Aggies will place in the top 2. The Aggies will have a difficult time Thursday due to several of the starters either sick or injured. They were defeated by Munich - Starkweather with one of the players out and others playing with their illnesses or injuries. I believe those players will not be playing at all against North Border so they can get well for the playoffs.
Aggie_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby knights4 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:08 am

#1 Grafton #2 NB #3 M-M #4 PR

Neither M-M or PR have deep benches like the other two, and M-M has a better starting five than PR. And I also predict Grafton goes to state, but I'd rather see PR go.
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:50 am

knights4 wrote:#1 Grafton #2 NB #3 M-M #4 PR

Neither M-M or PR have deep benches like the other two, and M-M has a better starting five than PR. And I also predict Grafton goes to state, but I'd rather see PR go.

M-M is the only team that has their seed set right now which is number 1, depending on the outcome of tonights game grafton could be 2 or 3, north border could be 3 or 4 and park river could be 2 or 4. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:30 am

the only two teams from the district i see possibily going to state are midway-minto or north border, these are the two teams who have played in the big games and have battle through region 2.
PA42

Postby NBE2007 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:24 pm

The NB and PR game is on 106.7 FM...Eagles up by 15
NBE2007

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:17 pm

North Border won 71-60 tanner carpenter had 5 3's

Max ott didnt play

North Border led from beginning to end Park River crawled to within 5 in the fourth other than that it wasnt close. North Border led by as much as 18 and led by 15 on many different occasions
toughregion2

Postby Aggie_fan » Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:30 am

Carpenter had an excellent night shooting from anywhere on the court. Mike Smith scored above his average for the season as well last night. Max Otto not playing hurt the Aggies as he usually can account for 15 - 20 points. Nathan Carda is the sixth person off the bench and he has missed the past two games. North Border does have an excellent team and it will be an exciting regional tournament. I believe anyone of the top four teams from District 4 are capable of making the state tournament. Being a parent of one of the Aggie starters has me lean their direction but I realize we need are starters to stay healthy to make it happen. The Aggies do not have size but are very quick and if the defense is on are a tuff team to beat. Best of luck to all of the district 4 teams. A number of the players on opposing school teams have been teammates on traveling teams during the summer months with my son. They are a great deal of fun to watch.
Last edited by Aggie_fan on Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aggie_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toughregion2 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:33 am

Should be a great tourney. #1 Midway-Minto #2 Grafton #3 North Border

#4 Park River #5 Fordville-Lankin #6 Cavalier #7 Drayton-St Thomas # 8 Valley Ed

I would almost be willing to bet that these numbers look different going into the regionals, and maybe even a surprise team.
toughregion2

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:21 am

toughregion2 wrote:Should be a great tourney. #1 Midway-Minto #2 Grafton #3 North Border

#4 Park River #5 Fordville-Lankin #6 Cavalier #7 Drayton-St Thomas # 8 Valley Ed

I would almost be willing to bet that these numbers look different going into the regionals, and maybe even a surprise team.

I hope you aren't implying that one of the top 4 seeds is going to get beat by one of the bottom four.  There is no chance of the bottom half making regionals this year
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby knights4 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:53 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
knights4 wrote:#1 Grafton #2 NB #3 M-M #4 PR

M-M is the only team that has their seed set right now which is number 1, depending on the outcome of tonights game grafton could be 2 or 3, north border could be 3 or 4 and park river could be 2 or 4. 

I was saying that this is how the districts going to look going into regionals
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toughregion2 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:41 am

cant happen that way

p-r and m-m will be in the same bracket as well as n-b and grafton
toughregion2

Postby knights4 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:21 pm

True, Grafton, M-M, NB, PR
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thesports_guy32 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:41 am

knights4, i disagree... but i'm curious to why you picked your top 2 teams.
Last edited by thesports_guy32 on Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
thesports_guy32

Postby knights4 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:59 am

I'm not sure what you mean, but I think that Grafton and NB have the deepest benches and the best overall teams, and I pick Grafton to beat NB when they play in the second round. When M-M and PR play it's whoever has the best starting 5 because neither team has a very good bench, so I pick M-M. In the championship Grafton beats M-M, and NB beats PR for third.   
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thesports_guy32 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:54 am

i mean that i think it'll be different. we all know the top 4 seeded teams will win. so second round we have MM vs. PR and NB vs. Grafton. i think PR will have the advantage this time against MM, they just won't have an answer for Moe this time around. i think that NB will beat Grafton. NB has been shooting lights out lately and Grafton will have a hard time stopping all NB's threats.

#1 NB #2 PR #3 MM # 4 Grafton
thesports_guy32

Postby knights4 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:06 pm

I guess I wouldnt be shocked if it happened that way, but I think Grafton is the best team in the district and maybe the region. But I think whoever wins between Grafton and NB is the champ and the loser gets third
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Aggie_fan » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:20 am

This will be a very closely contested tournament and I believe the team representing our region will be from our district.
Aggie_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby knights4 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:30 am

agreed.
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:42 pm

any scores?
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:19 pm

all the teams that were supposed to win won by alot just as expected, heard enger hurt his ankle pretty bad in their game in the first quarter though, anyone else hear this and what the severity is?
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Aggie_fan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:35 pm

I spoke with a parent from Midway-Minto and I was left with the impression he hurt it pretty bad. But, this time of year kids seem to have an ability to heal fast. There really is not much of a concern of any of the top 4 teams not making to the regionals so, I would rest Enger for the regional tournament.
Aggie_fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thundastruck. » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:18 am

who won in district 4 , friday..
thundastruck.

Postby thundastruck. » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:30 am

who plays who today
thundastruck.

Next

Return to Boys