Region 7

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NDSUbison! » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:22 am

No doubt, enough with all the jib jab lets talk some real basketball. Region 7 ball. Killdeer has a big matchup with new england. I feel the upset coming!
NDSUbison!

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:42 am

There's only one big game comin up and thats at DL between FW and L-M.  FW wins by 7. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:46 am

umm...wrong region
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby letsgosox » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:58 pm

NDSUbison! wrote:No doubt, enough with all the jib jab lets talk some real basketball. Region 7 ball. Killdeer has a big matchup with new england. I feel the upset coming!

haha oh ya...new england, i am hoping that is a joke. i dont even know if they have won a game this year. but lets move on to the district 14 tournament pairings. I know the hazen and trinity both have byes and killdeer will match up for the 3rd time of the season with Richardton, while Beulah will play Glen Ullin/Hebron. Is the third time going to be the charm for the Raiders?
letsgosox

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:00 pm

New England has 1 win as a matter of fact. They beat Bison, S.D. They are the new england of south dakota haha.
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:10 pm

The carolina-duke rivalry of region 7 is comin up tomorrow night at solberg gymnasium. Titans vs. Bulldogs, any thoughts on the contest?
project-pat

Postby ClassBballa » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:24 pm

Ping Pong wrote:haha no man this is 4 region7. wat region is FW in anyways?

FW is region 4
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:31 pm

im gonna go out a limb and say that he meant that there is no other big games in any other region compared to that game.  he was tryin to cause controversy which he did
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:41 pm

Ping Pong wrote:haha sodadrinker you hit that nail right on the head. actually im sure some of the other regions are mediocre, but they would not stand a chance in region 7. maybe FW idk. i mean, i have heard alot of good about them haha. but sodadrinker unless you dont have an opinion about region 7 please refrain from posting in this post. i started it because of all the other garbage that was started i wanna hear about the games not the most underrated floor-sweeping waterboy. as far as the titan-bulldog showdown, i got the Titans in a small margin in the bball game, ans by a very VERY large margin in the ping pong match haha.

well apparently everyone thought that he didnt know what region 4 winds was in and he meant there are no games in region 7 that is equal to the 4 winds and leeds-minn game.  that must just be his opinion.
Last edited by sodadrinker on Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:44 pm

bowman's top pongers against trinity's finest at halftime. IT'S GONNA BE INSANE
project-pat

Postby ND-SportsFan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:49 pm

Why would u talk about ping=pong in this post!! If you would refrain from that topic i this area I would appreciate it! Thanks fellas
ND-SportsFan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:55 pm

yeah it's actually plannin on bein halftime entertainment.

this post ends where the last one left off, ND-SportsFan, it's time for you to STEP OFF. i need your sneakers.
project-pat

Postby cubsfan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:45 pm

I am wondering how good a team Richardton-Taylor is?  I hear a lot about Trinity, Beulah, Hazen, and Killdeer.  Is there a chance that Richardton-Taylor makes it to regions and possibly state?
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:46 pm

Regionals is slightly possible, but not state.
project-pat

Postby xcolt90 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:35 am

I'm not sure about this talk of Four Winds.  It seems to me they were undefeated last year until they ran up against a Region 7 team (Trinity) in the state semi-finals and lost by 25 points.  There were 8 teams in region 7 that played Trinity tougher than that last year.

Region 7 is the top of the class the last two years.  If Bowman would have beat Trinity in the Region Championship game last year they would have played MPCG in the championship as well.  That's how good they were.

Any talk in here about District 13? 
xcolt90

Postby pacod » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:41 am

xcolt90 wrote:I'm not sure about this talk of Four Winds.  It seems to me they were undefeated last year until they ran up against a Region 7 team (Trinity) in the state semi-finals and lost by 25 points.  There were 8 teams in region 7 that played Trinity tougher than that last year.

Region 7 is the top of the class the last two years.  If Bowman would have beat Trinity in the Region Championship game last year they would have played MPCG in the championship as well.  That's how good they were.

HAHA!!! Your a funny guy!
pacod

Postby xcolt90 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:01 am

Pacod,

The Truth Hurts Sometimes!!!!!  :)
xcolt90

Postby baller01 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:13 am

pacod wrote:
xcolt90 wrote:I'm not sure about this talk of Four Winds.  It seems to me they were undefeated last year until they ran up against a Region 7 team (Trinity) in the state semi-finals and lost by 25 points.  There were 8 teams in region 7 that played Trinity tougher than that last year.

I hope you aren't saying he's dumb for saying Bowman would have played MPCG in the championship last year. I personally thought Bowman was the better team. Trinity just had a better game that night. I thought Tivis-Pauley last year was by far the best 1-2 combo last year. I feel the same way, if Bowman beats DT in the regional championship game, the Bulldogs get the hardware.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:03 am

Lets be real here, the only dominant teams in region 7 are Hazen and DT. The only reason DT has been such a great team these past couple years is they're scared to step up and go class A. IMO, any school thats capping off their enrollment numbers should step up. Go class A, i'm sure they have the numbers in their area.
Last edited by pacod on Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
pacod

Postby pacod » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:09 am

pacod wrote:Lets be real here, the only dominant teams in region 7 are Hazen and DT. The only reason DT has been such a great team these past couple years is they're scared to step up and go class A. IMO, any school thats capping off their enrollment numbers should step up. Go class A, i'm sure they have the numbers in their area.

My bad, can't forget about Killdeer.
pacod

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:26 am

baller01 wrote:
pacod wrote:

I hope you aren't saying he's dumb for saying Bowman would have played MPCG in the championship last year. I personally thought Bowman was the better team. Trinity just had a better game that night. I thought Tivis-Pauley last year was by far the best 1-2 combo last year. I feel the same way, if Bowman beats DT in the regional championship game, the Bulldogs get the hardware.

Is it possible that FW just wasn't good that night. actually they really didn't play up to their potential the whole tourney, not making excuses, but i would have enjoyed watching them at their best
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:43 am

Ping Pong wrote:
pacod wrote:
pacod wrote:Lets be real here, the only dominant teams in region 7 are Hazen and DT. The only reason DT has been such a great team these past couple years is they're scared to step up and go class A. IMO, any school thats capping off their enrollment numbers should step up. Go class A, i'm sure they have the numbers in their area.

pacod bowman would have definatley won the state last year had they been at state. region 7 has about 5 teams that are dominant in any other part of the state. so why dont you stay on the east half of the state and worship four winds until they get blown out by region 7 at state.

you can't say definately, there is no way to know what would have happened for sure. Maybe they would have won maybe they wouldn't have. I don't worship FW but saying that  if they get to state they will be blown out is a bit premature.

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pacod » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:45 am

Bearsfan wrote:
pacod wrote:

You is bad..... can't forget about Beulah.  They did go to class A but are back.  If they were here the past 7 years you would be writing about them. 

They were at state the last 3 years of class B and then went to Class A with good teams that averaged 4th place in the WDA.  Now they are back and beat Killdeer, Linton, Center-Stanton in one week.  Yes they did lose to Hazen(twice), Trinity, and WC..... thats not too bad if you look at the big picture.  also... guess where districts are this year..... Beulah.  The bad thing is that regionals are at Trinity.  Tough place to win!

Now I'm definately not saying that Beulah is going to win...... but I think the teams that are ready to play are the one that are going to be at state.  And I really don't think that any of the top 6 teams in this region would rule all of the other regions.... whichever team is prepared will be the team that wins.
Yeah Beulah has been playing good ball lately, but I don't agree with people saying that region 7 is so dominant and thats where all the talent is. There's a lot of good teams this year. I haven't really seen any team stick out, which should make for an exciting off-season in every region.
pacod

Postby pacod » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:47 am

Ping Pong wrote:
pacod wrote:

pacod bowman would have definatley won the state last year had they been at state. region 7 has about 5 teams that are dominant in any other part of the state. so why dont you stay on the east half of the state and worship four winds until they get blown out by region 7 at state.

Typical comment from someone whos from Trinity.
pacod

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:55 am

pacod wrote:
Ping Pong wrote:
pacod wrote:

Typical comment from someone whos from Trinity.

i think you both should pull your head out of the sand. Both teams are good, but there are teams out there that are just as good. You should appreciate good teams and not talk trash about them and say how they will kill everyone else when it can't be proven until they play

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys