cavaliers 8th graders

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby north border » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:24 pm

north borders jh team played them last year and only lost by 4 now cavaliers 8th graders are on varsity, i was just wondering if they were all that good
when man stands on toilet he is high on pot
north border
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north border » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:26 pm

i know only 2 of them get minutes on A squad but are they really varsity material

north border
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:11 pm

if they play on varsity they can be mentioned on this board.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:11 pm

Wow, Cavalier must have some great 9-12th graders that they have to rely on Junior High kids to save their season. I would feel pretty proud of myself.
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:16 pm

A pretty desperate coach if you ask me
project-pat

Postby u no it » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:32 pm

lol no kiddin im with project pat an if there so good whats cavs record?

u no it

Postby fruit snack » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:37 pm

im surprized no one has mentioned the 8th grader from FW.....hahaha
fruit snack

Postby project-pat » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:01 pm

i hear those kids are absolutely deadly from 25 feet.
project-pat

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:25 pm

this topic has turned out to be a joke.  It's not that big of a deal turning to an 8th grader to play varsity if he is better then the older kids.  The cavalier freshmen/8th graders are very very good basketball players.  Don't discriminate them because of their age.  Before this season those kids have lost one game in their basketball careers and it was in a grand am type tournament in fargo.  I know success at the JH level doesn't always translate into success on varsity but these kids will be good with the experience they are getting now they are going to be scary in 2 or 3 years.  I would like to see any of the guys who are ripping on cavaliers coach on this topic coach that team any better.  From last years team they lost the whole starting 5, and brandon brekke who is turning heads in his first year at egf.  They have one player back who got considerable minutes in Lawonn who isn't a team leader by any means but he fell into the roll this year after cavaliers team changed completely from a year ago.  Had jamison brekke, jj carik and brandon brekke not moved away cavalier would be in the hunt to go to regionals for the 7th year in a row.  I know it doesn't look so good when they have an 8th grader starting but don't be so quick to criticize a team most of the people here are ignorant to.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:28 am

[user=1019]north_border_eagles2106[/user] wrote:
this topic has turned out to be a joke.  It's not that big of a deal turning to an 8th grader to play varsity if he is better then the older kids.  The cavalier freshmen/8th graders are very very good basketball players.  Don't discriminate them because of their age.  Before this season those kids have lost one game in their basketball careers and it was in a grand am type tournament in fargo.  I know success at the JH level doesn't always translate into success on varsity but these kids will be good with the experience they are getting now they are going to be scary in 2 or 3 years.  I would like to see any of the guys who are ripping on cavaliers coach on this topic coach that team any better.  From last years team they lost the whole starting 5, and brandon brekke who is turning heads in his first year at egf.  They have one player back who got considerable minutes in Lawonn who isn't a team leader by any means but he fell into the roll this year after cavaliers team changed completely from a year ago.  Had jamison brekke, jj carik and brandon brekke not moved away cavalier would be in the hunt to go to regionals for the 7th year in a row.  I know it doesn't look so good when they have an 8th grader starting but don't be so quick to criticize a team most of the people here are ignorant to.

I haven't got to see see this team play but like NBE2106 said they lost three starters. This Eighth grade squad is suppose to be the next big thing and probably the last big thing for Cavalier, whether it will or won't who knows. Sometimes teams have some bumps in the road and Cavalier is gonna have that for a couple years until some of there better athletes get older. Just gotta be patient.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:44 am

fruit snack wrote:im surprized no one has mentioned the 8th grader from FW.....hahaha

FW is too busy beating up on your varsity teams to worry about their eigth graders!!!

Cav is only one school and not 4 schools like most of the schools in Class B that put a roster together.  So don't hate when they put 8th graders out there, they don't have the 4 or 5 other schools to support one basketball roster
Last edited by Indians Alumni on Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:43 pm

Just wondering if anybody knows who the two 8th graders starting are?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NBE2007 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:14 pm

NDHSAA says there is three 8th graders: Brady Robbins, Brandon Chrest, and Jared Mack
NBE2007

Postby north border » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:23 pm

brady robbins starts at the pg position and holds his own and brandon chrest played some pretty good d against 6'10 micheal mathison but mack doesnt get any minutes
north border
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rumbles » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:29 pm

project-pat wrote:A pretty desperate coach if you ask me
Carrington has an 8th grader on varsity but he doesn't  play until the the  end if the game is outa  reach
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:42 pm

I don't know what Cavalier's situation is but I recall a Regent team that had an 8th grader that was the sixth man being in the Regional championship(that was in the late 80's-early 90's).  I also recall them playing an 8th grader (Mike Candrian) and having a pretty good year. I think that team was a regional qualifier as well.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:35 pm

NBE2007 wrote:NDHSAA says there is three 8th graders: Brady Robbins, Brandon Chrest, and Jared Mack

not that im saying you're wrong here but I thought that jared mack was  a freshmen.  I know dillan trosen is a good player too and he's just a freshmen as well
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:05 am

Jared Mack is only an 8th grader
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NBE2007 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:04 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
NBE2007 wrote:NDHSAA says there is three 8th graders: Brady Robbins, Brandon Chrest, and Jared Mack

not that im saying you're wrong here but I thought that jared mack was  a freshmen.  I know dillan trosen is a good player too and he's just a freshmen as well

yea i also at first thought Jared Mack was a freshmen or something..but i guess he's a 8th grader
NBE2007

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:45 am

I didn't start the topic but I dont think people need to make fun of it just because they are 8th graders.  You probably haven't seen any of them play so you wouldn't know how good they are or how good the cavalier seniors are.  It's not like the 8th grade class would beat the senior class in a game but there are a few kids in 8th/9th grade that deserve to be on the court for cavaliers team
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:11 am

I could probably grab 10 8th graders in Bis-Man that could beat Bowman and many other class B mid-ground teams.  So having an 8th grader or even 2 on a HS team isn't all that shocking.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby InTheKnow » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:32 pm

Cavalier's best "group" is their Freshman (with a mix of this years 8th graders). So far comming up the ranks they have been top dogs in the area and have basically done that all over the place during tournaments from Crookston to Fargo. The following year (this years 8th graders), Midway has been the team to beat as they are undefeated from what i heard so far. Not suprising because there are some good athletes comming up who already have a state title under there belts in baseball.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby north border » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:16 pm

north borders 8th graders beat midway in the jh district 4 bball tourney
north border
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys