Region 6

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ballaholic#3 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:24 am

what are people's thoughts on region 6? i haven't heard too much about the teams in that area.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbjay » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:45 am

This region is a "pick a team...any team" region.  Obviously Minot Ryan is the favorite, followed closely by Westhope, Dunseith and DLB.  Velva, Kenmare, Glenburn, Our Redeemers and Bottineau could make some noise too.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ballaholic#3 » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:59 am

Who are some of the players off those teams that are picked to contend for the region? i have heard about adam hunt from dunseith and keysor from kenmare and vetter from minot ryan but who are some other key players.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbjay » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:43 am

Michael Cooper from Westhope

Heidel from Kenmare

Wisthoff from Glenburn

Getzlof from DLB

Sondhag (sp?) from Velva

Kizima from Our Redeemers

Polman from Bottineau

There are a lot more players too, but these are probably the main guys off these teams
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ballaholic#3 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:49 am

who is this des lacs burlington team that people talk about? i see they are only 4-4 on ndhsaa.com but have lost a lot of close games against good opponents and beat west hope-newburg.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbjay » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:35 am

DLB has size and some good guards....they'll be a team to reckon with becasue of their size.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:03 pm

Agreed - DLB has size, speed, and shooters - plus Doug Wagner as a coach who always has his kids play with a lot of basketball sense. They have everything they need to be a state contender.
Dunseith also has size and a dead-on shooter in Adam Hunt - the only thing they lack is speed - which hurt them against Westhope-Newburg.
Minot Ryan is strictly a shooting team - if they are hot - they are tough to beat - if they are not - they could lose to any of the top teams in this region.
Velva is the sleeper - they played well at the beginning of the year - fizzled a little mid-season - but recently played Watford down to the wire and had to foul in the last minute - and then beat Minot Ryan.
Kenmare is also a very solid team - with one of the top posts in the region with Heidel -
Westhope-Newburg - has a lot of balance, team speed, and their defense is amazing to watch - this team AVERAGES 18 steals a game.
IT is going to be a fun tournament to watch.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby dukefan32 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:33 pm

I agree BB11, this will be a fun tournament to watch.
dukefan32
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys