Worst gyms

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ClassBballa » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:29 am

There has been a topic about the best gyms, but lets hear your opinions about the worst gyms to play in.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBballa » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:32 am

Personally i hated playing anywhere that was the size of a sardine can. i mean if you had a shoe size bigger than 6 you couldn't even shoot a three from the corner.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:46 am

Warwick Barn, I hated playing there, it was always too hot and the concessions were on the baseline of one end and you ran into people getting nacho's and blow pops! 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ND_SportsNut » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:00 am

Indians Alumni wrote:Warwick Barn, I hated playing there, it was always too hot and the concessions were on the baseline of one end and you ran into people getting nacho's and blow pops! 

Good thing they have one of the nicest class B gyms now.
ND_SportsNut

Postby fruit snack » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:24 am

midkotas gym
fruit snack

Postby ClassBballa » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:46 am

ND_SportsNut wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:Warwick Barn, I hated playing there, it was always too hot and the concessions were on the baseline of one end and you ran into people getting nacho's and blow pops! 

Good thing they have one of the nicest class B gyms now.

I never played in the old gym but the new one is really nice. Not the greatest for seating, but the floor and everything is nice.

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBballa » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:47 am

fruit snack wrote:midkotas gym

which one? Glenfield and Binford both struggle!

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:59 am

Glenfield and Binford both would struggle...unless you're from Midkota!
I think the Mustangs seriously have a huge home-court advantage in those gyms.
Photo-man-Bob

Postby Watcher 007 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:19 am

Kulms gym is the worst gym in the United States.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby 32 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:29 am

Photo-man-Bob wrote:Glenfield and Binford both would struggle...unless you're from Midkota!

we hate playing in are gyms as much as everyone else, its homecourt disatvantage. glendfield wouldnt be so bad if it was a little bit bigger.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ND_Coach » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:11 am

Watcher 007 wrote:Kulms gym is the worst gym in the United States.

The gopher hole.  For those that haven't been.  The floor is so short  thye have a half court line for the 10 second count, once you cross that there is another line about 5 ft back that serves as the over and back.  The whole gym looks like it should be located in a barn.

It is a home court advantage for them, but it hurts them every year come districts and regionals
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ohiostate31 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:24 am

carrington has a pretty good gym. but the floor is horrible there is like 100 dead spots few places to dribble decent
ohiostate31

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:31 am

ND_Coach wrote:
Watcher 007 wrote:Kulms gym is the worst gym in the United States.

The gopher hole.  For those that haven't been.  The floor is so short  thye have a half court line for the 10 second count, once you cross that there is another line about 5 ft back that serves as the over and back.  The whole gym looks like it should be located in a barn.

It is a home court advantage for them, but it hurts them every year come districts and regionals

not to mention its one of the darkest gym in the region....thats what i hated aobut it most personally.  i hate playing in dark gyms
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:51 am

[user=1198]32[/user] wrote:
Photo-man-Bob wrote:Glenfield and Binford both would struggle...unless you're from Midkota!

we hate playing in are gyms as much as everyone else, its homecourt disatvantage. glendfield wouldnt be so bad if it was a little bit bigger.

You guys have a pretty good home record, though. I've seen a few games at your places the last 2 season where teams who like to spread the floor had trouble with their spacing and turned it over quite a bit.
Photo-man-Bob

Postby ClassBballa » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:49 pm

ohiostate31 wrote:carrington has a pretty good gym. but the floor is horrible there is like 100 dead spots few places to dribble decent

if the floor is horrible why do you say it has a good gym? the floor is part of the gym

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:55 pm

ClassBballa wrote:
ohiostate31 wrote:carrington has a pretty good gym. but the floor is horrible there is like 100 dead spots few places to dribble decent

if the floor is horrible why do you say it has a good gym? the floor is part of the gym

he could be talking about the setup of the whole gym such as the lighting, bleachers, size...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ClassBballa » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:59 pm

baseball wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:

he could be talking about the setup of the whole gym such as the lighting, bleachers, size...

if you have read any of his other posts i think he just likes to talk up Carrington

i have played there and it is an average gym

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bison09 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:34 pm

I agree Carrington's floor has a lot of dead spots and is difficult to dribble on.
Last edited by Bison09 on Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We do not accept moral victories" Craig Bohl
Bison09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby vballfan06 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:54 pm

Ray high school has a terrible gym. The ceiling is extremely low (yes, I've seen kids hit it on half court buzzer beater attempts), and the 3-pt line and out-of-bounds line are about 2 inches apart down the sideline. 
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSUbison! » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:52 pm

Killdeer has a barn of a gym.
NDSUbison!

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:09 pm

couple years ago i seen a game in glenfield when a kid had 7 threes in the first half that counted.  he wouldve had 10 if he wasnt standing out of bounds on 3 of them.  its one of them gyms where if u have a shoe size of 6 or bigger i dont think u can shoot a three from the corner
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:12 pm

last time i was in Pingree it had a nice floor but could only seat like 100 people....thats what made it bad.  the gym was in a room barely big enough to old a good sized court.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:24 pm

Ping Pong wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:couple years ago i seen a game in glenfield when a kid had 7 threes in the first half that counted.  he wouldve had 10 if he wasnt standing out of bounds on 3 of them.  its one of them gyms where if u have a shoe size of 6 or bigger i dont think u can shoot a three from the corner

haha i used to get made fun of on here for my grammar but it was because i used slang. look at this post. i seen a game in one f them there gymnasiums haha. der

you like that huh

you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:19 pm

ScaTMaN wrote:haha i agree with ping pong. you should learn how NOT to talk hick

maybe if i change my picture to clifford harris or sean taylor people will think im gangsta will that help?
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:26 pm

ScaTMaN wrote:no, probobly not

probobly huh nice spelling player
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Boys