2/12/Poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby AAfootballfan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:24 pm

1. Hankinson (9) 17-0 90 2
2. Minnewaukan-Leeds 15-1 73 4
3. Watford City 15-1 65 7
4. Four Winds 16-1 56 8
5. Killdeer 15-2 47 6
6. Hazen 14-2 29 3
7. Lisbon 15-2 24 1
8. Minot Ryan 15-2 22 NR
9. (Tie)Beulah 13-3 15 5
Dickinson Trinity 13-3 15 9
Linton 15-3 15 10-T
May-Port-C-G 13-4 15 NR
Steele-Dawson 15-1 15 10-T
Others receiving votes: Grafton 14-3, Kindred 13-5,
Westhope-Newburg 14-3, Wells County 16-2, Center-Stanton 14-3.
Last edited by AAfootballfan on Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:30 pm

I don't mean this in anyway but who is in charge of putting the poll together? Like who is the head. The guy that takes all the votes, ranks all the teams, and then puts it out? I've always just kinda been curious who does it.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:55 pm

kinda suprised to see Lisbon drop that far
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:57 pm

baseball wrote:kinda suprised to see Lisbon drop that far

...back to back losses...
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fruit snack » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:31 pm

im surprized LM jumped up to #2
Last edited by fruit snack on Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fruit snack

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:52 pm

i am amazed that region 4 is getting that much credit.  u would think they would drop 4 winds down to put a region 2 or 7 team up there but i guess not.  all i have to say is its about time.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:12 pm

sodadrinker wrote:i am amazed that region 4 is getting that much credit.  u would think they would drop 4 winds down to put a region 2 or 7 team up there but i guess not.  all i have to say is its about time.

no kidding......if you ask anyone from region 7 they say they should have the top 6 places in state.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby u no it » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:14 pm

may-port sholdnt be up there!!

u no it

Postby ClassBballa » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:16 pm

u no it wrote:may-port sholdnt be up there!!

thats what like everyone who isn't from may-port thinks but somehow they keep making it
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:23 pm

ClassBballa wrote:

thats what like everyone who isn't from may-port thinks but somehow they keep making it

no they earned their spot by being good other years.  the poll isnt about how u r this year for them its that they have been good in other years
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:25 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:

no they earned their spot by being good other years.  the poll isnt about how u r this year for them its that they have been good in other years

Oh! Thats how it works. I always wondered. Thanks for clearing it up sodadrinker.

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:59 pm

ClassBballa wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:

Oh! Thats how it works. I always wondered. Thanks for clearing it up sodadrinker.
If thats true then it's a bunch of BS!  How you did in previous years should have absolutely no bearing on this season.  MPCG is getting more recognition than they deserve.  13-4, come on!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:03 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:

If thats true then it's a bunch of BS!  How you did in previous years should have absolutely no bearing on this season.  MPCG is getting more recognition than they deserve.  13-4, come on!

im just stating what i believe has been proven.  they are a good team but not a top 10 and thats clear to almost everyone
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby letsgosox » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:12 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:

well if thats the case teams that haven't did anything for many many years like hazen or killdeer shouldnt be up there
letsgosox

Postby ace » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:12 pm

What does everybody think about this.... http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/StateRankings.mxp/NorthDakota/Boys_Varsity_Basketball_Winter_06-07

i really have no idea how they figure these out but i thought it was interesting...
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:18 pm

letsgosox wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:

well if thats the case teams that haven't did anything for many many years like hazen or killdeer shouldnt be up there
wow, obviously thats not how it really works but in mayvilles case what else could be the reason they are in there.  i believe the voters just think, oh its mpcg theyll pull it together they always do and i dont think they will this year
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:51 pm

[user=1700]sodadrinker[/user] wrote:
letsgosox wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:

wow, obviously thats not how it really works but in mayvilles case what else could be the reason they are in there.  i believe the voters just think, oh its mpcg theyll pull it together they always do and i dont think they will this year

In MY OPINION people in the polls look that they keep games close and low scoring which gives Mayville a chance to be and win every game they are in. Yeah they might not have the best talent or team in the state, but tournament time comes they are in the hunt by the way they play.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:00 pm

I was surprised to see Park River drop out of the poll completely after losing just one game to a tough grafton team by two.  That however was before tonights game when they got blown out by munich-starkweather by the score of 68-46.  A 22 point loss at this point in the season by a team that was sitting at 15-2 or something like that is pretty surprising.  Still though, when the voters voted on this weeks poll how could they leave PR out with only 2 losses at the time of the voting process.  I mean at least they should've still been receiving votes.  there are 4 and 5 loss teams in there still recieving votes. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:12 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:I was surprised to see Park River drop out of the poll completely after losing just one game to a tough grafton team by two.  That however was before tonights game when they got blown out by munich-starkweather by the score of 68-46.  A 22 point loss at this point in the season by a team that was sitting at 15-2 or something like that is pretty surprising.  Still though, when the voters voted on this weeks poll how could they leave PR out with only 2 losses at the time of the voting process.  I mean at least they should've still been receiving votes.  there are 4 and 5 loss teams in there still recieving votes. 

haha wow after i give park river some credit and say the should be one of the teams in the top 10 they lose to a young team that isnt expected to do anything in the region 4 tourney.  maybe i jinxed them becuz munich starkweather is by no means a great teams.  they are average at best.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby pacod » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:56 am

ClassBballa wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:i am amazed that region 4 is getting that much credit.  u would think they would drop 4 winds down to put a region 2 or 7 team up there but i guess not.  all i have to say is its about time.

no kidding......if you ask anyone from region 7 they say they should have the top 6 places in state.

That maybe so, but you have to remember one thing in this situation, only one team out of that region is going to state!!!!!
pacod

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:32 am

pacod wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:

That maybe so, but you have to remember one thing in this situation, only one team out of that region is going to state!!!!!

and all these region 7 people will say if their top 6 teams could play the other teams that make state they would beat them.  i think the region 7 fans r in for a rude awakening in the tourney, but hazen going down by 13 to minot ryan might have been alittle wake up call
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:44 am

sodadrinker wrote:
pacod wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:

and all these region 7 people will say if their top 6 teams could play the other teams that make state they would beat them.  i think the region 7 fans r in for a rude awakening in the tourney, but hazen going down by 13 to minot ryan might have been alittle wake up call

i think youve been drinking to much mellow yellow
fruit snack

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:48 am

I WOULD NEVER BE CAUGHT DRINKING ANYTHING EXCEPT A MOUNTAIN DEW ESPECIALLY A MELLO YELLOW
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:51 am

[glow=red]Theres nothing wrong with a good Dr. Pepper![/glow]

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:12 am

A Red Bull is always good too!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Boys