Upset picks

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rumbles » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:26 pm

Does anyone have any teams in mind that you think will pull an upset and win their region?
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby web17 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:46 pm

From Region 2, i think North Border, Grafton, and Midway-Minto can all make a run at an upset. These are three good teams, but the "top" dogs would have to be Mayville and Park River. Personally, I would love to see anyone but Mayville go. haha.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:29 pm

web17 wrote:From Region 2, i think North Border, Grafton, and Midway-Minto can all make a run at an upset. These are three good teams, but the "top" dogs would have to be Mayville and Park River. Personally, I would love to see anyone but Mayville go. haha.

I am going to have to respectfully disagree that mayville and park river are the "top dogs".  Mayville is a good team yes, but they aren't a team that everyone will be like they are the team to beat.  I know they have dave nelson and luke lorenz but there isn't enough there for them to be considered at the top.  If any team right now it would be midway minto.  Park River has a good record but I dont know if their players are going to be ready for a tough 5 game stretch to make it to state.  the first day of districts in district 4 will be a joke and after that it's all going to be tough battles.  PR lost to Munich by 22 tonight so i dont know what's going on there.  I dont even know if their is a "top dog" in this region right now, I just said M-M because they are hot right now and the best team in district 4 at the moment.  The biggest surprise for me as far as a state run would be if the 4th team from district 3 went, a team like larimore or something, that would be pretty surprising. 
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby PA42 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:52 am

Personally i think a team who has made it to four of the last five years, would probably be the big dog in the region. And in the last two years mpcg has not had one game in regions that they won less by ten or fifteen points. I know you are going to say this is in the past, but i think a team with this kind of track record you have to call them a favorite.
PA42

Postby bbjay » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:42 am

I think DLB or Westhope out of Region 6, I know Westhope is receiving votes in the poll, but they're not even being talked about with winning the region with Ryan being the top dog right now....
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfootball06 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:15 pm

horne98 wrote:Personally i think a team who has made it to four of the last five years, would probably be the big dog in the region. And in the last two years mpcg has not had one game in regions that they won less by ten or fifteen points. I know you are going to say this is in the past, but i think a team with this kind of track record you have to call them a favorite.

not like it matters but they beat grafton two years ago by 8 points in regionals 44-36 after grafton shot around 20% that game.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDdominator » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:20 pm

Shiloh Christian in region 5 upsetting and making it to state 4 out of the last 5 years
NDdominator

Postby Big Ticket » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:49 pm

That would be one very, very impressive upset. They are looking right now like the fourth best team in that region.

Big Ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:13 pm

horne98 wrote:Personally i think a team who has made it to four of the last five years, would probably be the big dog in the region. And in the last two years mpcg has not had one game in regions that they won less by ten or fifteen points. I know you are going to say this is in the past, but i think a team with this kind of track record you have to call them a favorite.

no, you are right, they are the champs until someone takes it from them.  I just don't personally think that they are a good enough team that people aren't going to see mpcg on the schedule and be like oh great we have to play them like in years past.  they will be tough to beat in regionals no doubt but there isn't this team doesn't seem to have a swagger about them like they usually do.  I know that coach nelson will have them ready and the intimidation factor that its MPCG will probably get them to the semifinal night of regionals where it will be a very intriguing matchup.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cash » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:28 pm

region 4, id have to say harvey, they have a team that continues to improve and will end their season 15-5, they have improved a lot, their my underdog if theres any for that region
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rumbles » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:42 pm

cash wrote:region 4, id have to say harvey, they have a team that continues to improve and will end their season 15-5, they have improved a lot, their my underdog if theres any for that region
Harvey for sure is a team that has potential but to make it to state they have Four Winds, M-L, and Wells County standing in their way in that region. I'm really impressed with how well they have done this year though.
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cash » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:28 pm

rumbles wrote:
cash wrote:region 4, id have to say harvey, they have a team that continues to improve and will end their season 15-5, they have improved a lot, their my underdog if theres any for that region
Harvey for sure is a team that has potential but to make it to state they have Four Winds, M-L, and Wells County standing in their way in that region. I'm really impressed with how well they have done this year though.
carrington has really impressed me too, i think either stan buxa or carrington coach deserves coach of the year, they've done a nice job
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBballa » Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:47 pm

cash wrote:
rumbles wrote:
carrington has really impressed me too, i think either stan buxa or carrington coach deserves coach of the year, they've done a nice job

carrington has impressed you because your from carrington. not to take anything away from buxa or munson(spelling) but neither harvey or carrington are state caliber teams
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cash » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:02 pm

ClassBballa wrote:
cash wrote:
rumbles wrote:

carrington has impressed you because your from carrington. not to take anything away from buxa or munson(spelling) but neither harvey or carrington are state caliber teams
im sorry, but harvey could pull out an upset and make a run for state, and those 2 coaches have done great jobs
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Stromer » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:36 pm

ClassBballa wrote:
cash wrote:
rumbles wrote:

Finally someone agrees....
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:15 am

cash wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:
cash wrote:
rumbles wrote:

im sorry, but harvey could pull out an upset and make a run for state, and those 2 coaches have done great jobs

like i said, the coaches from there are doing good jobs. Harvey might be able to pull off one upset, but to get to state they would have to beat at least two of the three top seeds which i just don't see them doing. They don't have a complete five and lack consistency.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rumbles » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:32 am

I don't think carrington or harvey are state calliber teams. they just have to hard of a region for both of them.
Last edited by rumbles on Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cash » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:45 am

rumbles wrote:I don't think carrington or harvey are state calliber teams. they just have to hard of a region for both of them.
did anybody thinkg harvey or carrington would be the 3 4 teams this year, i dont think so, so whose to say they wont win region in a upset
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:47 am

NDdominator wrote:Shiloh Christian in region 5 upsetting and making it to state 4 out of the last 5 years

I would agree with Big Ticket on this one. Shiloh is a very good team but if they make it to state, that would be a HUGE upset. I think they have the potential to, but I would be completely shocked. It will be fun to see how they do Friday against Steele.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassBballa » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:21 am

cash wrote:
rumbles wrote:I don't think carrington or harvey are state calliber teams. they just have to hard of a region for both of them.
did anybody thinkg harvey or carrington would be the 3 4 teams this year, i dont think so, so whose to say they wont win region in a upset

actually some people did have harvey as the number 3 or 4

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fruit snack » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:41 am

yup.....
Last edited by fruit snack on Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
fruit snack

Postby WildWarrior » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:42 am

fruit snack wrote:wells county

imagine that!!!  J/K fruit snack.  Havent heard from your boy IA today maybe he is on his way up here already.
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rumbles » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:11 am

Wells County could be called an underdog with FW and L-m in their region. i think they have a good chance at making it to state
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby indiandrumhopper » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:57 am

rumbles wrote:Wells County could be called an underdog with FW and L-m in their region. i think they have a good chance at making it to state

haaaa must be joking.
indiandrumhopper

Postby indiandrumhopper » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:00 am

ClassBballa wrote:
cash wrote:
rumbles wrote:

Carrington got beat by Barns County North
indiandrumhopper

Next

Return to Boys