Upset picks

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ClassBballa » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:23 am

indiandrumhopper wrote:
rumbles wrote:Wells County could be called an underdog with FW and L-m in their region. i think they have a good chance at making it to state

haaaa must be joking.

there ihopper goes just dissing people. I'm not saying WC is gonna win but they do have a shot.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:42 pm

cash wrote:
rumbles wrote:I don't think carrington or harvey are state calliber teams. they just have to hard of a region for both of them.
did anybody thinkg harvey or carrington would be the 3 4 teams this year, i dont think so, so whose to say they wont win region in a upset

ill put my house, car, and college tuition on the fact that Harvey WONT make state. probably not even regoin champ...

Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:45 pm

baseball wrote:
cash wrote:
rumbles wrote:I don't think carrington or harvey are state calliber teams. they just have to hard of a region for both of them.
did anybody thinkg harvey or carrington would be the 3 4 teams this year, i dont think so, so whose to say they wont win region in a upset

ill put my house, car, and college tuition on the fact that Harvey WONT make state. probably not even regoin champ...

If they don't make it to state, then they aren't the region champ. You can't be the champ of the region, and not make state haha.
project-pat

Postby cash » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:47 pm

baseball wrote:
cash wrote:

i doubt they will make it either, but, they could pull off some upsets tho
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:49 pm

project-pat wrote:
baseball wrote:
cash wrote:

If they don't make it to state, then they aren't the region champ. You can't be the champ of the region, and not make state haha.

yea i know i meant championship game....my bad
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Region 2 fan » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:56 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
horne98 wrote:Personally i think a team who has made it to four of the last five years, would probably be the big dog in the region. And in the last two years mpcg has not had one game in regions that they won less by ten or fifteen points. I know you are going to say this is in the past, but i think a team with this kind of track record you have to call them a favorite.

no, you are right, they are the champs until someone takes it from them.  I just don't personally think that they are a good enough team that people aren't going to see mpcg on the schedule and be like oh great we have to play them like in years past.  they will be tough to beat in regionals no doubt but there isn't this team doesn't seem to have a swagger about them like they usually do.  I know that coach nelson will have them ready and the intimidation factor that its MPCG will probably get them to the semifinal night of regionals where it will be a very intriguing matchup.
I think MPCG will have troubles even getting to the semifinal night of regions.  District 4 is a force to be reckoned with.  They are big and fast.  Each team has a 6'4'' or taller player on their team.  6'4'' is an understatement too because Park River has 2 of them but then Midway-Minto has 6'6'' and Grafton two 6'7'' and north border with 6'10'' and two players at 6'4''.  It will be hard for district 3 teams to match up with District 4 in the region tournament.  But I think it's going to be very exciting.  Put all 8 teams that make it in a hat and draw a name and that's as good as picking a team to make it.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBballa » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:23 pm

baseball wrote:
cash wrote:

I will add my old scooter to that. Harvey has about a good as shot as i do at winning the lotto.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cash » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:39 pm

im not sayin they will win the region, im sayin they could knock off a team in an upset, this is a topic called upset picks, all im saying is harvey could upset a team in the district or regional
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:46 pm

harvey is tough with tanner the hammer in the middle and stepping out and hitting the 3 ball every once in awhile
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby NBE2007 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:48 pm

Didn't Harvey lose by like 8 or something to FW...i mean they cant all be that bad
NBE2007

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:51 pm

NBE2007 wrote:Didn't Harvey lose by like 8 or something to FW...i mean they cant all be that bad

ya they did and i heard they missed like 15 free throws in the first half but im sure if u ask anyone from 4 winds that was there 4 winds couldve played better.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby region 2 opinion » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:04 pm

I have seen WC, 4W and L/M. In fact I was at the W/C vs 4W game. W/C had the lead most of the game @ 4W. 4W hit a 3 at the buzzer in the 3rd 1/4 that was, I would guess you would say was a bit of luck, a bank from the wing--pretty sure not called. That gave 4W some momentum which they took into the 4th 1/4.  W/C missed several ft's in the 4th that also didn't help their chances. They have a very nice ballclub that could beat anybody on any given nite. I would not want to count them out. That region is gonna be a competive 1. 4W is probably the favorite after beating L/M but I would never count them out, especially after losing in DL last sat. Also W/C is very capable of winning any game they play. Let's see what happens!!
region 2 opinion
NDPreps Starter

Postby NBE2007 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:15 pm

And I also know that when FW played NB ...i heard NB missed alot of lay ups...like 12 or something..i forgot...and if they would of made atleast 5 of them..they would been up by 1..so i dont know ..we'll just see what happens when districts and regionals start
NBE2007

Postby region 2 opinion » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:19 pm

MPCG can have any swagger they wish. It is pretty hard to not look at their past. Also, NB has had a pretty decent past themselves. I know they have lost the last 2 region championship games but you have to realize how hard it is to get there. Those 2 teams have alot of tourney experience and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they met in the region championship for the 3rd year in a row. If they do it will be a great one!!
region 2 opinion
NDPreps Starter

Postby suttonbros » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:40 pm

Any of the top teams from district 1 Oak Grove, Northern Cass, Central Cass and Kindred all have a chance of making it past Hankinson or lisbon in regions.
suttonbros

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:54 pm

suttonbros wrote:Any of the top teams from district 1 Oak Grove, Northern Cass, Central Cass and Kindred all have a chance of making it past Hankinson or lisbon in regions.

i really hope central cass doesnt come out of that region.  they lost to carrington.  carrington isnt a bad team but they arent near to the top of the region.  i have heard alot of good about kindred and oak grove tho.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:57 pm

NBE2007 wrote:And I also know that when FW played NB ...i heard NB missed alot of lay ups...like 12 or something..i forgot...and if they would of made atleast 5 of them..they would been up by 1..so i dont know ..we'll just see what happens when districts and regionals start

well of course your gonna miss layups against FW's stiffling defense. They were probably wetting the bed the night before they were so nervous. But that happens sometimes.
project-pat

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:01 pm

project-pat wrote:
NBE2007 wrote:And I also know that when FW played NB ...i heard NB missed alot of lay ups...like 12 or something..i forgot...and if they would of made atleast 5 of them..they would been up by 1..so i dont know ..we'll just see what happens when districts and regionals start

well of course your gonna miss layups against FW's stiffling defense. They were probably wetting the bed the night before they were so nervous. But that happens sometimes.

im way less sick of people talking up 4 winds than i am about hearing about how good region 7 teams are.  at least 4 winds is playing up to what their fans say.  u all go bragging up region 7 and hazen loses by 15 and by 30 and dickinson trinity loses by 30 as well to non region opponents
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:03 pm

Of course we are gonna talk about region 7 when they have 3 teams in the top 10 and 1 team recieving votes. How many other regions have that?
project-pat

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:07 pm

well region 4 has 3 teams in the top 10 and none of them have lost by 30 hahaha

sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:11 pm

They don't venture too far out of their region to play some competition I'm guessing.
project-pat

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:12 pm

i understand teams have bad games and will lose every once in awhile but losing by 30 to anyone shouldnt happen.  great teams play with more consistency than that.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:12 pm

project-pat wrote:They don't venture too far out of their region to play some competition I'm guessing.

why dont u check their schedules
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:14 pm

sodadrinker wrote:i understand teams have bad games and will lose every once in awhile but losing by 30 to anyone shouldnt happen.  great teams play with more consistency than that.

They also played a great team in Watford City, who I think will win state, between them and lisbon.

I guess we'll just wait and see who takes the region 7-region 4 matchup in bismarck. I'll stop the argument after that.
project-pat

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:17 pm

fair enough but i dont think lisbon is gonna have a chance.  i think watford city could be the best team in the state but i dont think they will beat parshall.  obviously watford city is a very good team beating them teams by that much becuz they are very high quality teams.  i dont think u can credit watford city for the whole 30 point difference tho.  i think hazen and trinity must have played terrible and i think the best teams find a way to get it done most nights, even if they dont win they can make it a closer contest than that.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys