Upset picks

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby project-pat » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:19 pm

sodadrinker wrote:fair enough but i dont think lisbon is gonna have a chance.  i think watford city could be the best team in the state but i dont think they will beat parshall.  obviously watford city is a very good team beating them teams by that much becuz they are very high quality teams.  i dont think u can credit watford city for the whole 30 point difference tho.  i think hazen and trinity must have played terrible and i think the best teams find a way to get it done most nights, even if they dont win they can make it a closer contest than that.

yeah, I hear trinity got taken out of their comfort zone and got fast breaked the whole game. WC is tough and will be the ones hoisting up the hardware in bismarck.
project-pat

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:21 pm

do i hear trinity has a freshman point guard too.  im sure hes good but there is no way hes used to pressure that a good team like watford city can put on u.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:24 pm

Their PG is actually Mark keithley, who is a senior. But they have a frosh, robbie morrey, that can step up and fill the position if needed.
project-pat

Postby gator-nation » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:25 pm

mark keithley plays pg most the time and he is a real good senior. robbey morey is a freshman that comes in and handles the ball at times, and yea he is good.
gator-nation

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:26 pm

who does watford city have besides justin shipman

you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:27 pm

gator-nation wrote:mark keithley plays pg most the time and he is a real good senior. robbey morey is a freshman that comes in and handles the ball at times, and yea he is good.

why don't you just piggy back what I say some more?
project-pat

Postby hoop_fan1 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:06 am

I'm picking Grafton out of region 2.

I've heard more comments from people saying grafton has been playing unbelievable lately, and this is the time to peak.  
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby suttonbros » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:29 am

sodadrinker wrote:
suttonbros wrote:Any of the top teams from district 1 Oak Grove, Northern Cass, Central Cass and Kindred all have a chance of making it past Hankinson or lisbon in regions.

i really hope central cass doesnt come out of that region.  they lost to carrington.  carrington isnt a bad team but they arent near to the top of the region.  i have heard alot of good about kindred and oak grove tho.

central cass beat Kindred and Northern Cass, Northern Cass beat both teams by 20, central cass is better then you think, if any of the teams that cant beat lisbon or hankinson it would be oak grove
suttonbros

Postby cardinal10 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:55 am

project-pat wrote:They don't venture too far out of their region to play some competition I'm guessing.

Not sure if you're saying that as a compliment or a putdown.  Towns are a little closer to each other in the eastern part of the state.  Four Winds played Standing Rock and went to Minot and Grand Forks for a Class B day, WC went to Minot for a Class B day, and M-L was in the Hoopster shootout.  They all tried to go places to find competition.  You can only play 19 games.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:57 am

sodadrinker wrote:who does watford city have besides justin shipman

they got bo james, kenny liebel, christian schulz, and others that help him out every night.
project-pat

Postby NBE2007 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:27 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:I'm picking Grafton out of region 2.

I've heard more comments from people saying grafton has been playing unbelievable lately, and this is the time to peak.  

North Border handled them pretty easily with AK and Schiller fouling out
NBE2007

Postby PA42 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:36 pm

this is going to sound weird but my upset pick is mpcg. no it is not because i am from there it is because i have noticed a lot of improvement. They play the best team defense in the state and have the ability to score fifty or more every night. i know everyone is going to say upset they have been to state the last two years. from reading your guys posts you would think that they are terrible and that this lorenz kid is a below average player.
PA42

Postby The Schwab » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:38 pm

completely agree....alot of people out there are jealous of their success.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ClassBballa » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:59 am

actually most people say that lorenz is a great player, they just don't thnk their team as a whole is as good as some people think.  Jealous of their success? maybe other years but not this one, i'm not sure how a team with like 6 losses is still rated, but that is a whole nother story. don't get me wrong, they are a good team but a state champion team?, im gonna say no
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Region 2 fan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:12 am

ClassBballa wrote:actually most people say that lorenz is a great player, they just don't thnk their team as a whole is as good as some people think.  Jealous of their success? maybe other years but not this one, i'm not sure how a team with like 6 losses is still rated, but that is a whole nother story. don't get me wrong, they are a good team but a state champion team?, im gonna say no

They have only 4 losses and I do see the argument on how they are rated even with 4 losses but polls don't matter anymore and really they never do.  Come March 8th we'll find out who really is the top 8 in the state and 1 loss, 4 losses or 10 losses doesn't matter because you need to just win those 3 games at the regional tournament and your on your way.
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:03 am

Region 2 fan wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:actually most people say that lorenz is a great player, they just don't thnk their team as a whole is as good as some people think.  Jealous of their success? maybe other years but not this one, i'm not sure how a team with like 6 losses is still rated, but that is a whole nother story. don't get me wrong, they are a good team but a state champion team?, im gonna say no

They have only 4 losses and I do see the argument on how they are rated even with 4 losses but polls don't matter anymore and really they never do.  Come March 8th we'll find out who really is the top 8 in the state and 1 loss, 4 losses or 10 losses doesn't matter because you need to just win those 3 games at the regional tournament and your on your way.
i can see how you would think it was an underdog for them to make it.  although they've gone 4 out of the last 5 years and the last 2 in a row this years team wasn't expected to be this successful.  they were 3rd in the district in most peoples thoughts at the beginning of the year and they are playing their best at tournament time like they usually do every year.  its not going to be a big shock if they go but i'll say they are looked at as an underdog.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby grizz » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:08 am

IF (and I'm not saying they will or won't) Killdeer makes it to state, I think they will struggle. The other night vs R-T, Dufault and Wheeling had almost all of their points. I think other teams around the state will realize that those 2 are the only 2 that need to be guarded.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby feeshattack » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:37 am

very excellent point grizz
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north border » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:35 pm

i think north border is gonna be the upset, if everyone plays good basketball they are a hard team to beat, and when a team has a 6 10 center the defenders tend to hack on him a little as you could see in the last game vs. grafton when there two big men fouled out mid way through the 4th

when man stands on toilet he is high on pot
north border
NDPreps Reserve

Postby straightballer » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:59 am

I think that anyone besides Trinity comin out of Region 7 has to be an upset. Trinity has gone to state every year since like 2000 and have won 2 of the last 3 state titles. I know they arent as good as past years but they are still tough. So anyone that can beat them in regionals on their home court is going to be an upset.
straightballer

Postby tjb1 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:25 pm

Even though they just got beat I honestly still think Lamoure going into regionals has the ability to be the team to beat:)
tjb1

Postby bballfan7 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:02 pm

tjb1 wrote:Even though they just got beat I honestly still think Lamoure going into regionals has the ability to be the team to beat:)

They are going to have a heck of a time gettin to the second round or even the championship yet go to state they have to go through Steele first round, who beat them by 12 earlier in the year. And if they win that one they play Linton who Lamoure beat by 15 but i dont think Lamoure has the ability to put together 3 games and get to state.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby observer » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:11 pm

I think you are underestimating Lamoure if you don't think they can put three games together.  They have kids on the team with a lot of heart.
observer

Postby baller01 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:40 pm

bballfan7 wrote:
tjb1 wrote:Even though they just got beat I honestly still think Lamoure going into regionals has the ability to be the team to beat:)

They are going to have a heck of a time gettin to the second round or even the championship yet go to state they have to go through Steele first round, who beat them by 12 earlier in the year. And if they win that one they play Linton who Lamoure beat by 15 but i dont think Lamoure has the ability to put together 3 games and get to state.

If LaMoure wins first round they are a lock for the state tournament. Same with Steele.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:46 pm

doenst matter who comes form the other side...whoever wins the bracket from lamoure, steele, linton goes to state haha.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys