Best Site for State Tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby BB11 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:52 am

I agree - the only place the B tournament should be held is in Bismarck. It is the greatest venue- the city supports the tourney fully - and gives the fans a real flavor of being the most important event to happen in ND. Minot does a decent job as well - but Bismarck is better.
Fargo - I'm sorry - but I would rather watch a dog show on tv then to have to endure another B tourny in your town. I have been to three tournaments in Fargo - and they were the worst 3 tournaments I have been too.
GO BISMARCK!
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby HallelujahHollaBack » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:31 am

undoubtedly bismarck is the best place. perfect location in the state first off, best hotels, and more things to do. the civic center is a great place.
HallelujahHollaBack

Postby dmdp » Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:34 pm

How bout the fact that high school kids descend on Bismarck when they host state B. It's a great excuse to party because basketball is over and the kids there don't really care about track or baseball.

Yeah, I know from experience.  

dmdp
NDPreps Reserve

Postby heelsfan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:33 am

I played in State Tournaments in both Bismarck and Fargo and there is not even a comparison.  Bismarck is the best place by far.  I also like playing is Minot and it's not bad to watch in the Minot dome either.  Fargo, the worst place I've ever played and watched basketball.  It's like playing B-ball outside at an airport.  Way too open.  It's nice to actually have the crowd within viewing distance.  Stick with Football at the Fargo Dome.
heelsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:51 pm

I've played in the State B when it was held at Fargo, Minot, and Bismarck and I thought Minot was the best floor to play on.  I've been a fan at all three places as well and I think Bismarck might have a slight edge over Minot in that department.  I definitely don't like it at Fargo as a player or spectator.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ohiostate31 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:03 pm

Bismarck is the best it should never be moved from there.
ohiostate31

Postby Class bbbb » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:06 pm

I think Bismarck is the best with Minot coming in a close second. I only played at those two places so that is my opinion. The thing is i disagree with people who think that it should only be held in Bismarck. I think that Bismarck and Minot should be switched off between because you don't get the class b atmosphere in Fargo. But all in all Minot is a great place to play and stay.
Class bbbb
NDPreps Rookie

Postby xcolt90 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:33 am

1) Bismarck  2) Minot

The difference, parking and location.  If the Dome was in a better place (not tucked into a hillside) then it would be equal if not a better spot for the state basketball tournament.  Keep it in the middle of the state.
xcolt90

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:39 am

Las Vegas, I am sure that the NBA wouldn't mind???
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Mauer07 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:07 pm

Bismarck should be every year but I would not mind if it would be held in minot once in awhile, its not as a nice as biz but it does hold a good amount of people. I hated it when it was in fargo because it just felt that basketball was not meant to be played in the dome
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys