Best Site for State Tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:31 am

What arena/city is the best site for state boys basketball?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby AandBfan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:32 am

I've been to it in bismarck, fargo and minot and i liked bismarck the best
AandBfan

Postby ndsbest44 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:34 am

Bismarck does do a good job at hosting the state tournament
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:39 am

I'm a huge fan of the state tournament in bismarck, The civic center is a GREAT place to watch a ball game. Seems like a one sided topic so far....can anyone argue against bismarck to get discussion going?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby AandBfan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:44 am

I like the town of Fargo i enjoyed it the year it was there, but the fargo dome wasn't a very good venue for a basketball tournament
AandBfan

Postby twinsfan34 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:59 am

The Bismarck Civic Center is the best place to watch the State "B".  At least I think so, anyways.
twinsfan34

Postby rkmt » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:28 am

I've gotta go with Bismarck
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby ace » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:32 am

Bismarck is where it should be from now on
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flyer » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:34 am

Bismarck, then Minot and there should not be any other place to hold the State Class B Tourney..The Fargo Dome is Terrible..
Flyer

Postby ClassBballa » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:34 am

I hate to be a copycat, but I'm also going to say Bismarck.  Minot wasn't bad, Fargo hosting it didn't impress me.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:46 am

IMO it should be in Bismarck every year, but the Region Shiloh is in shoudlnt be allowed to play any District or Regional games there.  Bismarck has the best atmosphere for a basketball tournament along with things to do around town when the games arent being played and plenty of hotel rooms.  That's why i feel Jamestown wont host any tournament other then baseball...which again should always be there but thats a differnt story.  stick to Bismarck with basketball and call it a good idea.:D
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:48 am

I would say a good place would be at the Betty in GF.  That place is awesome and GF is a great place to shop and stay during.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:53 am

Indians Alumni wrote:I would say a good place would be at the Betty in GF.  That place is awesome and GF is a great place to shop and stay during.

i dont believe the betty would have enough seating for a state tournament.  the best bet to have it in GF would be to take the ice out of the Ralph and put a court there.....i believe thats what they did when Boschee and Kansas came to play UND?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby vballfan06 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:54 am

Jamestown has held the Class B girls tournament, and will host the state volleyball tournament next year.  It could be interesting with 16 teams there.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:54 am

they've done that for quite a few game (played in the Ralph)
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:55 am

Bismarck is the perfect venue,
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby web17 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:57 am

baseball wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:I would say a good place would be at the Betty in GF.  That place is awesome and GF is a great place to shop and stay during.

i dont believe the betty would have enough seating for a state tournament.  the best bet to have it in GF would be to take the ice out of the Ralph and put a court there.....i believe thats what they did when Boschee and Kansas came to play UND?

ya, they took the ice out and played there. i think GF would be a good spot for the tournament. it has a beautiful arena in the Ralph. And it is also like Indians Alumni said a great place to stay and shop. it also has a ton of good places to eat. :D
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sports guy » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:57 am

Keep it in Bismarck. Best place to watch a game and you always have a decent seat
Sports guy
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:00 am

the only thing that would be wrong with G.F...is that it's in the northeast corner...so it's a long trip for alot of teams....and with Bismarck it's the most central location.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby rkmt » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:23 am

vballfan06 wrote:Jamestown has held the Class B girls tournament, and will host the state volleyball tournament next year.  It could be interesting with 16 teams there.

They've done the volleyball tourney with 16 teams there, and there were some hotel space problems.  Haven't been to a state GBB tourney there.  Obviously not a place for a boys B tourney.  I think Bismarck is the best tourney town for almost anything.  Minot does a good job too.  Not a fan of the tournaments in Fargo.
Last edited by rkmt on Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Postby jdeere » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:26 am

i would have to agree Bismarck is a great central location and the civic center is a great enviroment to play in.  i played there one year and it was awsome i loved the floor and the best place   IMO
"when we play like we play when we play, no one can stop us" Dennis Green
jdeere
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:40 am

rkmt wrote:
vballfan06 wrote:Jamestown has held the Class B girls tournament, and will host the state volleyball tournament next year.  It could be interesting with 16 teams there.

They've done the volleyball tourney with 16 teams there, and there were some hotel space problems.  Haven't been to a state GBB tourney there.  Obviously not a place for a boys B tourney.  I think Bismarck is the best tourney town for almost anything.  Minot does a good job too.  Not a fan of the tournaments in Fargo.

yea thats right, if you want to feel a great boys basketball atmosphere go to Jamestown on region championship night of Region 3.....places is usually full by halftime of the 3rd place game.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bearsfan » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:52 am

Gonna have to agree... Bismarck and Minot!!  Fargo just doesn't really care for the class B tourney.  Too much of a college town.  NDSU is all that you hear.  We were in the mall shopping one time and most of the mall workers didn't even know that the class B tourney was in town!!!  Sad!!!!
Bearsfan

Postby Flyer » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:53 am

web17 wrote:
baseball wrote:

ya, they took the ice out and played there. i think GF would be a good spot for the tournament. it has a beautiful arena in the Ralph. And it is also like Indians Alumni said a great place to stay and shop. it also has a ton of good places to eat. :D

It should be Centralized, why should a team from the West or East (If they had a venue to hold it in Williston or Dickinson) have to travel 6 hours to get to the state tournament. Not that a team wouldn't make the trip, but when it is Minot or Bismarck more spectators from throughout the state come to watch..IMO
Flyer

Postby rkmt » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:59 am

baseball wrote:
rkmt wrote:

yea thats right, if you want to feel a great boys basketball atmosphere go to Jamestown on region championship night of Region 3.....places is usually full by halftime of the 3rd place game.

Relax, I've been there for a region championship night.  I mean State which is what the topic is if you haven't noticed
rkmt
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys