sleeper teams

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Rebel » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:14 pm

It seems like we have been talking alot about the top 10 teams in the state.  I was wondering if there are any big "sleeper" teams out their this year that could put together three games in the region and surprise someone.

I have heard that W-T-P in region three is not to bad.  I don't know if we could consider central cass a sleeper since they were in state last year, but I have not heard much about them?

What are everyone's thoughts?
North Dakota Preps Hall of Fame Inductee
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:29 pm

I would say in Region 2 a sleeper could be Thompson, I'm pretty much basing it on they are the only team that has beat the favorite in region 2, Mayville. Thompson will have to play really well if they are gonna get to state.
Last edited by ndfan on Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 22 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:28 pm

In Region 6 i think that DLB is a sleeper team even though they are #2 in there district, they are sometimes overshadowed by Minot Ryan, Velva and Bottineau...if they are playing good down the stretch they could be tough to beat

Postby West Dakota » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:34 am

In [font=arial]region 7 Killdeer,South Heart,Glen Ullin, and Hazen could all beat Bowman and Trinity if they have a good game. And there are others that are playing good ball right now.[/font]
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:05 am

In region 4, Wells County and Minnewaukan-Leeds are always tough when it comes to tourney time. Both teams are sitting right aroung 12-6....give or take a couple. They have both given Four Winds a couple of good games this year.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ilovemom » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:58 pm

I think the Rhame Pirate are a force to be reckoned with!!!!!

ilovemom

Postby Buchmann_Sam » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:58 pm

Do not be suprised to see the Scranton Miners in the state tournament. The only teams that really stand in their way are Beach, Bowman, and Trinity. That Kevin Asse really suprised me in the games that I saw him play in. He has an excellent knowledge for the game and knows how to drive and create for his teammates. I've heard and believe myself, that his skills compare to a young Karl Malone. He is a proven player and is at the top of his game going into tournament time. This kid is plain 'sick' he can hit from anywhere on tha floor and is clutch from the line. I think many coaches will somehow overlook his amazing talent and his team. Don't be suprised if he leads his team to the State Tournament in Bismarck. He has my vote for Mr. Basketball! You will be hearing a lot about him in the upcoming weeks.
Last edited by Buchmann_Sam on Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buchmann_Sam

Postby Bballstud » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:23 pm

Yes I agree the Rhame Pirates are a dominant force
Bballstud

Postby Ming01 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:21 pm

Rhame still has a basketball team?  hmm...
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby piratefan » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:22 pm

No, it appears that some bowman kids just discovered this website. 
piratefan

Re: sleeper teams

Postby dakotawarrior » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:38 pm

I believe of region 1, Northern Cass could possibly sneak up in the bracket of regionals.
dakotawarrior

Re: sleeper teams

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:08 pm

dakotawarrior wrote:I believe of region 1, Northern Cass could possibly sneak up in the bracket of regionals.

not even close, they lost lako( very underated player, very fast) and Kyser their two best players.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re:

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:28 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:In region 4, Wells County and Minnewaukan-Leeds are always tough when it comes to tourney time. Both teams are sitting right aroung 12-6....give or take a couple. They have both given Four Winds a couple of good games this year.

Are you Kidding me FW smoked WC everytime this year
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Re: Re:

Postby bballfan7 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:55 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
NATURAL TALENT wrote:In region 4, Wells County and Minnewaukan-Leeds are always tough when it comes to tourney time. Both teams are sitting right aroung 12-6....give or take a couple. They have both given Four Winds a couple of good games this year.

If you look at his post it was in Feb. of 2006
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Re:

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:50 am

bballfan7 wrote:
ndsportsfan14 wrote:

If you look at his post it was in Feb. of 2006

hahaha sorry about that didnt see thanks
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Return to Boys