Coach of the Year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ClassBballa » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:55 pm

project-pat wrote:Don't forget...Best bathrooms, best concessions, best basketballs, best rims, best backboards, best lighting, best parking lot, best ticket takers.

HAHA good one.......NOT!!
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby web17 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:19 pm

District 3- Dave Nelson. always is, just because hes from mayville. he always wins. Herman is very deserving though, he has done a great job with a relatively young Dakota Prarie team
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:01 pm

fruit snack wrote:i thinks its kinda funny how almost every topic,  that four winds gets mentioned in it....there a decent team but that doesnt mean they have the best players, the best coach, and the best chance to go to state, like every1 always says on here
I don't understand why you would make a statement like that.  I'm a FW fan and if I have an opinion about this topic I'm gonna write it down.  If you beleive your coach, players, etc should be recognized then express it.  Don't cut down FW every chance you get it only makes you look like your jealous.  By the way Smith not only lost 4 starters but also, tragically, his top reserve and he is still only one point away from being undefeated.  Credit to Buxa and Faul but that is a heck of a coaching job.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby cash » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:12 pm

people knew four winds and wells co. would be good, who honestly though harvey would come 8 pts from four winds and 12 from wells co. and be 15-5 at the end of the year, and possibly the 3rd seed in the district, i doubt anyone did, everyone knew four winds and wells. co would be way up there, thats why buxa deserves it more, he took a medicore team and has made them contenders, not taking anything from smith or faul, great great coaches, but they already had goood teams that ppl knew about
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby xcolt90 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:05 pm

District 9 -- Scott Jung - Center Stanton

District 10 -- Turtle Lake's Coach, can't remember his name

District 13 -- Grinsteiner - Dickinson Trinity

District 14 -- Curt Pierce - nobody expected S. Heart to win this league.

Whatever District Coach Carr from Linton is in, he wins it again!
xcolt90

Postby bballfan_05 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:08 pm

xcolt90 wrote:District 9 -- Scott Jung - Center Stanton

This might be the year Carr fails to win it.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby xcolt90 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:10 pm

Carr lost a lot of talent yet has his team winning again and playing some of the better teams pretty tough.  They've played a tough schedule for sure.
xcolt90

Postby bballfan_05 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:22 pm

xcolt90 wrote:Carr lost a lot of talent yet has his team winning again and playing some of the better teams pretty tough.  They've played a tough schedule for sure.
Agreed, but SD has been pretty impressive with 15-1, something not many ppl thought would happen.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ginsbach » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:46 pm

Claz B Fan wrote:
Ben23 wrote:in district 1 it will be either Coach Mark from Lisbon or Coach Mike Gaukler from Hankinson

Yeah this could be an interesting one I would say it goes to the coach that wins the district championship game.

Coach Gaukler won it last year, even though Lisbon defeated Hankinson for the district championship.

However, that was after several years of Hankinson being a bottom-dweller of District 1 and finally having a great season.
Last edited by Ginsbach on Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ginsbach
NDPreps Starter

Postby letsgosox » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:51 pm

xcolt90 wrote:District 9 -- Scott Jung - Center Stanton

i think you have the 13 and 14 district turned around
letsgosox

Postby pacod » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:31 am

fruit snack wrote:i thinks its kinda funny how almost every topic,  that four winds gets mentioned in it....there a decent team but that doesnt mean they have the best players, the best coach, and the best chance to go to state, like every1 always says on here

I didn't know they had a rule against FW fans talking about they're team. No ones on their knees begging you to come on this site. God i love this site, knuckleheads like this guy, making himself look foolish. What a fruit snack!!!
pacod

Postby baller01 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:12 am

bballfan_05 wrote:
xcolt90 wrote:Carr lost a lot of talent yet has his team winning again and playing some of the better teams pretty tough.  They've played a tough schedule for sure.
Agreed, but SD has been pretty impressive with 15-1, something not many ppl thought would happen.

Carr is from District 6. Couple things here, he didn't lose much talent after last year. Linton returned 3 starters and there 6th man. Hard to say they didn't have talent returning with 4 guys with playing time coming back. Bballfan_05 is right here, to be honest, Steele has Bakkum and a freshman. That is pretty much it. Carr is obviously the better coach but what Olson has his team doing this year is impressive. Whether Olson is the reason SD is winning or not he still gets it this year.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:57 am

baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:

Carr is from District 6. Couple things here, he didn't lose much talent after last year. Linton returned 3 starters and there 6th man. Hard to say they didn't have talent returning with 4 guys with playing time coming back. Bballfan_05 is right here, to be honest, Steele has Bakkum and a freshman. That is pretty much it. Carr is obviously the better coach but what Olson has his team doing this year is impressive. Whether Olson is the reason SD is winning or not he still gets it this year.

anytime you take 3rd in a regional tourney and win districts you could be in the running for district coach of year....after losing 4 starters and putting up a 15-1 record he is more than deserving of it.  everyone knows the team wouldnt be 15-1 without Bakkum but thats not the point.  he lost 4 starters AND the 6th man.  if they give it to the best coach, Carr would win it every year.  but i feel if Olsen doesnt get it this year something is wrong with the process.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan_05 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:14 am

baller01 wrote:
bballfan_05 wrote:

Haha, yes finally!
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby nike07 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:00 am

buxa from harvey definatley deserves it
nike07
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:13 am

nike07 wrote:buxa from harvey definatley deserves it

If you look at Harvey's schedule it's a joke.  They have beat only one team with a winning record(Midkota).  Sorry, but you should have a better resume than that for COY.  And I know your going to jump on FW's schedule so hear it is:  Half of their opponents have a winning record or better. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:48 am

wow....that comment was expected by many
fruit snack

Postby pacod » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:55 am

fruit snack wrote:wow....that comment was expected by many

So was this comment.
pacod

Postby cash » Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:35 pm

nativegolfer wrote:

If you look at Harvey's schedule it's a joke.  They have beat only one team with a winning record(Midkota).  Sorry, but you should have a better resume than that for COY.  And I know your going to jump on FW's schedule so hear it is:  Half of their opponents have a winning record or better. 
ok, lets just give every award to four winds, they win the state championship, coach of the year, senior athlete of the year, mr basketball, THEY WIN EVERYTHING BECAUSE THEY ARE THE BEST AT BASKETBALL!!!
Last edited by cash on Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:39 pm

cash wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

ok, lets just give every award to four winds, they win the state championship, coach of the year, senior athlete of the year, mr basketball, THEY WIN EVERYTHING BECAUSE THEY ARE THE BEST AT BASKETBALL!!!

Let it all out!  Do you feel beter now?  I'm sorry that it kills you that FW has a good BB program and passionate fans.  Also, Sorry your TGU BB team or whoever you follow not cool.  But like us or not we're here and not going away!  So either stay off this site or deal with it!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballer2 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:51 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
cash wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Let it all out!  Do you feel beter now?  I'm sorry that it kills you that FW has a good BB program and passionate fans.  Also, Sorry your TGU BB team or whoever you follow not cool.  But like us or not we're here and not going away!  So either stay off this site or deal with it!

gezzz big talker...
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cash » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:41 pm

bballer2 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
cash wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

gezzz big talker...
no kidding
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys