Best Floor Sweeper HaHa!

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby u no it » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:44 pm

?
u no it

Postby bballfan_05 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:46 pm

One that sweeps the floor and puts pressure on the broom. This way it removes any particles on the floor and allows players to get better traction.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:18 pm

Trinity's custodian, I think his name is Mr. Urlacher, is I'm not mistaken.
project-pat

Postby u no it » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:13 pm

hahah cant beilve u guys  comment on that hahahahahahah omg!!!!
u no it

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:18 pm

haha no doubt, Urlacher gets custodian of the year. He swept the roughrider tourney with a broken foot. Now that is PASSION!
project-pat

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:15 am

I've got one for everyone, is Gary Lindquist, who used to work in New Rockford.  On "big" game nights he'll even wear his baby blue suit.  He worked as bookkeeper for the baseball teams for many years.  I don't know if he still does these jobs, but it was always fun to see him at the many sporting events, and he LOVED his New Rockford Rockets.  Anyone ever seen this guy before?
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cardinal10 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:33 am

Big Gar is the bomb.  Ask him who started in centerfield for the 1962 Twins and he could probably tell you.  This guy lives sports.  Not sure if he sweeps anymore but his head is still in the clouds from NR-S state BBB title a few years ago.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBballa » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:09 am

ndsportsfan98 wrote:I've got one for everyone, is Gary Lindquist, who used to work in New Rockford.  On "big" game nights he'll even wear his baby blue suit.  He worked as bookkeeper for the baseball teams for many years.  I don't know if he still does these jobs, but it was always fun to see him at the many sporting events, and he LOVED his New Rockford Rockets.  Anyone ever seen this guy before?

Gary is still there. I just saw him last night at girls districts doing a mighty fine job. He is the man. He was telling some kids before a game earlier this year not to do any 720s cause he doesn't want to go up and fix the rim. He should definately be in the custodial Hall of Fame one day.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:36 am

dont know his name but that guy from devils lake has to be mentioned.  he wear kaki shorts and rolls up his sleeves.  same clothes on every time i see him, whether its winter or not hes got them shorts on.  when he gets done sweeping he wipes the broom with his hand.  if thats not being devoted to ur job i dont know what is.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby thesports_guy32 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:37 am

i have you all topped... the janitors from cavalier (aka Flash and Dash) are so fast at cleaning the gym at the end of a game that it makes you tired just watching.
thesports_guy32

Postby balla45 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:45 am

I noticed some very good floor sweepers at the Mandan Holiday Tournament.
Last edited by balla45 on Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby the mask » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:47 am

haha this topic is pretty sweet guys... but im gunna have to bring in a good friend of mine from hope page i met him when our team traveled there to play fshp in page at their home court......his name is zach haas hes so funny while hes sweeping cuz he stops in the middle of almost each time down the court and jsut stands and looks around then hes got this face i noticed and so did the team i play for taht while he sweeps he has a face like hes gunna kill somone he looks like an angry man thats on a mission
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSUbison! » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:05 am

k but he still isnt as cool as Mr. Urlacher of trinity.......Hands down best janitor or the year.  Come on with a broken foot. Thats straight up passion! I heard he is probably gonna go D-1? Any truth behind this? haha
NDSUbison!

Postby project-pat » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:28 am

yeah, i hear urlacher is training non stop in the offseason. He is smooth with his form. I have never seen such skills. I'm guessing a 2008 induction into the custodian hall of fame. I bet Gary wouldn't even show up if he had a broken foot. Urlacher doesn't need to make a face to draw attention to himself. He gets all the attention he needs when people are in awe with his skills.
project-pat

Postby ClassBballa » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:35 pm

project-pat wrote:yeah, i hear urlacher is training non stop in the offseason. He is smooth with his form. I have never seen such skills. I'm guessing a 2008 induction into the custodian hall of fame. I bet Gary wouldn't even show up if he had a broken foot. Urlacher doesn't need to make a face to draw attention to himself. He gets all the attention he needs when people are in awe with his skills.

are you kidding me...Gary would be there with two broken legs. We'll just have to see who gets inducted first. haha
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:40 pm

2008 hall of fame inductees...

Urlacher (dickinson trinity)

Sideburns (billy madison)

Lionel (The Janitor)
project-pat

Postby rumbles » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:18 pm

u no it wrote:hahah cant beilve u guys  comment on that hahahahahahah omg!!!!
Whats wrong with commenting on this topic. Floor sweepers are more important then you think. And i don't belive your from Bangkok you liar.
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fruit snack » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:21 pm

im gonna have to go with gary from nr...or the guy who sweeps the floor at the sports center
fruit snack

Postby ClassBballa » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:34 pm

fruit snack wrote:im gonna have to go with gary from nr...or the guy who sweeps the floor at the sports center

is the guys name from the sports center wally or something like that or is that a nickname cause he kinda looks like a walrus? idk but talk about player

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 32 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:59 pm

Gary from NR and the guy from Devils Lake, the best for sure, id bet my life he will have the same pair of shorts on in a few weeks for discticts
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:01 am

Four Winds also has an awesome floor sweeper!  He can sweep with the best of them, probably one of the best in state, He also pulls double duty and cleans up after the game is over.  So when you are leaving the gym after a game, it would be nice to give a little tip of your hat to these gentleman that make it possible for the game to go on without worry of tracking snow and water onto the floor and slipping causing a turnover or possible injury.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ace » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:30 am

the guy from devils lake is hands down they best floor sweeper there is
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby 1_Chevy_1 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:27 am

Yeah nobody compares to the man the legend Casey Fetch i saw him sweep the floor in like 2 mins flat, i was in awe of his greatness at sweeping, and i hear that the freshman from carrington do a mighty fine job in practice.
1_Chevy_1
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys