Kindred vs Lisbon

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Claz B Fan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:50 pm

Was anyone at this game? What happened to the Lisbon Broncos back to back losses and one being at home I can see them losing at Hankinson but not at home against Kindred
Last edited by Claz B Fan on Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:44 pm

i heard  they lost in OT--& had their chances at end of reg. & OT

Claz B Fan wrote:Was anyone at this game? What happened to the Lisbon Broncos back to back losses and one being at home I can see them losing at Hankinson but not at home against Kindred
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballprsn » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:56 pm

who knows maybe lisbon is in a slump right now.  They are probably still down from losing their first game to hankinson.  But dont count lisbon out, they are a good team and they will not give up.  Very dangreous team.
bballprsn
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsjunkie » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:10 am

Yea lisbon has been losing fire ever since they were polled at number one.  I think they got to confident that teams would lay down for them but after these back to back losses they will get the worst week of practice they had all year which should get them back in the swing of things.
sportsjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:28 am

I can't say as to how they competed against Kindred, but I know the other games they played when they were ranked #1.  They DID NOT seem to look past any team.  I think once a team gets ranked that high, all of their opponents are gunning for them.  This Lisbon team seems to have a good chemistry, and besides Carlblom, not one of them is a "stud" player.  They play great defense, and work very well as a team.  When you don't have kids griping about who's getting to shoot the ball, you'll have teams like this, and I feel that Lisbon has got "the target on their backs" syndrome.  They'll be fine come tournament time and it should be exciting especially with a possible matchup with Hankinson ahead.  (or two)
ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby observer » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:29 am

You have that right - they play as a team and as long as they keep their focus they'll be a threat to anyone.  They don't look past each team - they have respect for each of their opponents and they have respect for each other.  As long as they can close their ears to the rainy day fans who suddenly have bailed on them just because they've had 3 losses  - to teams that were highly competitive no less.  The new season starts Saturday so the regular season no longer means anything.
observer

Postby observer » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:31 am

Too confident?  Quite obviously you don't know the individuals on the team?  They are very level headed and realistic about how sports works.  On any given night, any team can lose and any team can win.  If you want to cheer for a team of kids that are just plain good and decent kids without cocky attitudes - this is the team to cheer for.
observer

Postby sportsjunkie » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:12 am

observer wrote:Too confident?  Quite obviously you don't know the individuals on the team?  They are very level headed and realistic about how sports works.  On any given night, any team can lose and any team can win.  If you want to cheer for a team of kids that are just plain good and decent kids without cocky attitudes - this is the team to cheer for.

Actually I do know the kids on the team very well.  With Lisbon it happens every time they get a good sports team no matter if its football or basketball. 
sportsjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby observer » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:24 am

What happens with Lisbon every time?  I'll admit some teams got full of themselves.  I don't see this with the seniors on this team.  But I will admit it seems Lisbon can never pull off the championships.  Maybe that has more to do with the sports programs or the mindset of the adults in the community  that starts messing with their heads.
observer

Postby sportsjunkie » Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:47 pm

observer wrote:What happens with Lisbon every time?  I'll admit some teams got full of themselves.  I don't see this with the seniors on this team.  But I will admit it seems Lisbon can never pull off the championships.  Maybe that has more to do with the sports programs or the mindset of the adults in the community  that starts messing with their head.

Every time they get a good team they get to over confident I've seen it for years. 
sportsjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby observer » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:59 pm

We'll hope it's different this year.
observer

Postby d-stopper45 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:50 pm

observer wrote:What happens with Lisbon every time?  I'll admit some teams got full of themselves.  I don't see this with the seniors on this team.  But I will admit it seems Lisbon can never pull off the championships.  Maybe that has more to do with the sports programs or the mindset of the adults in the community  that starts messing with their heads.

I don't think its a problem with the teams becoming full of themselves.  I think that the problem lies in the coaching staff. With the exception of Howell for track, Lisbon doesn't have a lot of strength in that area.  It seems like in basketball and football other coaches seem to scout Lisbon well, and outcoach them in big games.
d-stopper45

Postby Mailman_25 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:13 am

Congratulations! By comparing coaching basketball to coaching track, you have completely outdone yourself.

Just think, if we could break a basketball team down into best shooters, dribblers, etc. and than have a state basketball tournament based on this. Oh the strategy involved! This isn't a shot a track, simply saying that comparing the two sports is craziness.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby d-stopper45 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:06 pm

I wasn't comparing coaching basketball to coaching track.  I was comparing the strengths of the coaches in each sport separately.  Howell is one, if not the best, track coaches in the state.  Lisbon's basketball and football coaches could be a lot better.
d-stopper45

Return to Boys