Overrated Teams

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ace » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:37 am

what are some of the overrated teams in the state?
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby ace » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:42 am

does anyone think that MAY-PORT CG is overrated... because they make it to state every year????
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:45 am

personally i think region 2 in itself is overrated.  they do have good teams almost every year but that doesnt mean anything when a new year starts.  i do think mayville is overrated
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:47 am

I for one think that they are overrated. Lorenz is good but not good enough to carry a team on his back (not saying that they don't have other people who can't play). MPCG was some how still rated with like 4 or 5 losses.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ace » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:02 am

how bout beulah, are they as good as ppl say????/
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:10 am

ace wrote:how bout beulah, are they as good as ppl say????/

Defensively Beulah is a very solid team, but offensively, I'd have to say they are below average.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:13 am

Beulah is a mediocre basketball team IMO. They are not the power that everyone said they were to start the year.
project-pat

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:15 am

project-pat wrote:Beulah is a mediocre basketball team IMO. They are not the power that everyone said they were to start the year.

They are well coached, a good defensive team, and offensevily fundamentally sound, they will be there at the end. But you are right, no where preseason #2 like they were.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:18 am

baller01 wrote:
project-pat wrote:Beulah is a mediocre basketball team IMO. They are not the power that everyone said they were to start the year.

They are well coached, a good defensive team, and offensevily fundamentally sound, they will be there at the end. But you are right, no where preseason #2 like they were.

im gonna be completely honest and say i have no idea what beulah is like becuz ive never seen them but people always argue that they play the best teams in the state over there in the west, so could that be why
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby web17 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:21 am

sodadrinker wrote:personally i think region 2 in itself is overrated.  they do have good teams almost every year but that doesnt mean anything when a new year starts.  i do think mayville is overrated

are you kidding me? The winner of region 2 is always up there and playing tough, making a run at the championship.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:22 am

sodadrinker wrote:
baller01 wrote:

im gonna be completely honest and say i have no idea what beulah is like becuz ive never seen them but people always argue that they play the best teams in the state over there in the west, so could that be why

I will tell you. They are a very well coached team. Offensively I would compare them to Trinity in the past. They don't take bad shots. They understand what they have to do in order to get good looks. That comes from being well coached. Defensively I have to say they are one of the best. They are always in good position and work very hard. Offensively I think they lack a post. Stromme is a very solid point guard and Zacher is a very good mid range player. Becker, IMO, is the biggest disapointment. He is a little slow footed but still gets to the room well. I personally thought he would be much more aggressive tho.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:35 pm

I'm gonna go with Region 7 being overrated, if one of those 8 teams don't win state.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:37 pm

yeah, if you split 8 teams of region 7 into the 8 regions, there's your state tourney right there.
project-pat

Postby fruit snack » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:12 pm

i think that four winds is a little overrated.....there not a bad team, its just there lack of size down low and them not being a physical team will hurt them in regions
fruit snack

Postby nativegolfer » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:29 pm

fruit snack wrote:i think that four winds is a little overrated.....there not a bad team, its just there lack of size down low and them not being a physical team will hurt them in regions
Yawnnn, IA pass the chips. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:45 pm

web17 wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:personally i think region 2 in itself is overrated.  they do have good teams almost every year but that doesnt mean anything when a new year starts.  i do think mayville is overrated

are you kidding me? The winner of region 2 is always up there and playing tough, making a run at the championship.

did i say they were overrated last year or any year before that.  i dont think i did i guess but i was kinda talkin about this year if u wanna talk about other years then dont to me.  they lost to larimore, so IMO theyre overrated
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:49 pm

project-pat wrote:yeah, if you split 8 teams of region 7 into the 8 regions, there's your state tourney right there.

you've got to be kidding me. not to dis region seven but you saying that 8 teams out of region 7 can beat the best teams out of every other region is stupid. How many of the top rated teams from other regions have you seen play? Probably not many if any. Don't bring that in here.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toughregion2 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:03 pm

You guys are crazy everybody that knows anything about highschool bball knows that region 2 is one of the best year in and year out. AND THAT INCLUDES THIS YEAR....lets pull up college programs and see where a majority of instate b players come from.
toughregion2

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:05 pm

ok, 8 is a little much, but 5 maybe even 6 teams could do it.
project-pat

Postby NBE2007 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:10 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
web17 wrote:

did i say they were overrated last year or any year before that.  i dont think i did i guess but i was kinda talkin about this year if u wanna talk about other years then dont to me.  they lost to larimore, so IMO theyre overrated

Yeah...i think he was referring to the Region 2 champs of every year..not just MPCG
NBE2007

Postby toughregion2 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:42 pm

My uncle is from Minot and talked to a scout about Lorenz.  They say teams are looking at him as a defensive stopper only they are not worried about his scoring.  They said he will get alot of junk points in college.
toughregion2

Postby The Schwab » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:50 pm

Region 2 is overrated = dumbest statement i've heard today.....GOOD ONE
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:35 pm

ScaTMaN wrote:if lisbon is in region 2...... than the overrated thing is true. otherwise i dont even know whos in that region

are you saying lisbon is overrated?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:09 pm

SCC wrote:I haven't figured out how region 2 is overrated.  They have one team in the poll.  Where do the others rank if they are overrated?  I think the state tournament will be a crapshoot.  When we actually know which teams will make the final eight, then maybe we'll have an idea...

I think the polls are a load of crap. If you look at all the records of the teams on there, they all have outstanding records. I think alot of the region 2 teams should be on that poll. But those teams are all so close, that they win and lose to each other, causing their records to stagger. Region 2 IMO, is underrated. They have many quality basketball teams. Larimore beating Mayville, Hatton-Northwood beating Mayville, Hatton Northwood beating Midway Minto, Midway Minto beating Thompson, Hatton-Northwood beating Thompson, Midway Minto beathing Grafton, Grafton beating Hatton Northwood. Dakota Prairie beating Hatton Northwood, Mayville beating Hatton Northwood in their second meeting. I mean come on, these teams are not all bad, and lack consistency. These teams are all good and deserve to be in the polls. They're records are not good because they play all these other tough basketball teams. Region 2 teams are always good, and always will be good. The records may not show it, but they still should be towards the top.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:42 am

region 2 does bring a good team to state every year but this year i dont see them doing it again.  everyone thinks mayville, thompson, and larimore are such good teams and i dont understand how they think that when they have all lost to teams that arent even that good.  i could really careless how good they were last year or the year before that.  it doesnt mean they are that good again.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Boys