Best Radio Announcers

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby thesports_guy32 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:40 am

did anyone else notice that this topic's description is "Who is the top Annoucners in the state".... or am i the only one?
thesports_guy32

Postby shotcaller1 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:38 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:My vote is also with Mark Biggly.

When it is an exciting game and he gets into it, it is something else. Its like i'm there sitting beside him. GOOD COUNT IT AND A FOUL.  (if he would just stop wearing all that Packers stuff..haha)

I hear you, and also, I don't think the guy owns pants!  He is out in -30 degree weather covering games in khaki shorts???  Mans Crazy

Mark Beighley. hands down. this guy is amazing. he'll have a team he's never done before and within the first 2 minutes of the game Mark has got their names down like it was nothing.  its unbelieveable listening to him. "GOOD COUNT IT AND A FOUL" the emphasis he puts into the entire game is outstanding and to me thats what sets him aside from every other announcer in the state.
shotcaller1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Tigger » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:20 pm

I think Dan Keating and Mark Beighley are two of the top guys in the state.  For several years in the 90's, they teamed up to do state B tournaments for KMAV/KZZY.  Those broadcasts were the best.  I grew up listening to both of them in Devils Lake, and they are the top two.  As for the ESPN thing, a lot of those guys are hacks that just happened to be in the right geographical area.  A lot of the guys in the small markets didn't play pro or high level college ball either which doesn't help; look at all the guys on any major networks who got jobs because of that.
Last edited by Tigger on Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Class_B_sports » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:50 pm

Ralph Lockwood from Williston has to be mentioned in this poll. He was honored at the district tourney tonight for a little accomplishment. The championship game was his 6000th game he's announced in his career. No that's not a typo.... 6000
Class_B_sports

Postby undfightingsioux7 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:39 pm

[user=2008]rumbles[/user] wrote:
1_Chevy_1 wrote:
u no it wrote:Kyle Hewitt all the way!!
He is good and he has good knowledge of the game
Kyle Hewitt on 1600 is an excellent announcer for basketball, football, and volleyball

Yea i agree with that Hewitt is excellent announcer
undfightingsioux7
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to Boys