Best Radio Announcers

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:03 am

Mark Biggly, KZZY Sports is my vote
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fruit snack » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:20 am

bernie rydell
fruit snack

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:20 am

Where is he out of?
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fruit snack » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:22 am

harvey
fruit snack

Postby berry186 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:47 am

bruce dougherty is the best KQLX lisbon
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguy2 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:06 am

Bruce is good...he has the perfect radio voice
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ND_Coach » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:06 am

berry186 wrote:bruce dougherty is the best KQLX lisbon

I'd second that - he has a great radio voice, very easy to listen to.  He does a good job calling a game and his coaches show does a lot to promote area teams
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:54 am

sportsguy2 wrote:Bruce is good...he has the perfect radio voice

I like it when a good radio announcer calls a good game.  I am not really into the monotone kind of announcer!
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Stromer » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:17 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:Mark Biggly, KZZY Sports is my vote

I second that one.  Jake from Langdon is very good as well. 
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Chris Plante Fan » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:48 pm

They are doing sports radio in a state with no major sporting events.  Can any of them be that good?
Chris Plante Fan

Postby rep » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:50 pm

Chris Plante Fan wrote:They are doing sports radio in a state with no major sporting events.  Can any of them be that good?

depends on your definition of major. i consider class b basketball in north dakota to be quite a bit more important than the nba's d-league.
rep

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:05 pm

Stromer wrote:I second that one.  Jake from Langdon is very good as well. 

Last name Kulin, Cullen, or however else its spelt? I wasnt too impressed with him tonight if thats the same guy. It might not be but I thought it was a Langdon guy doing the game for KDLR in DL tonight. If hes good, Beighley is 50x better.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Chris Plante Fan » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:08 pm

Yeah, I see what you're saying.  But how can we say that any of these guys are good when the Minnesota Twins, a Major League organization, can't even get two decent announcers for the FSN broadcast?  I just can't sit here and say that Dan Keating is a good announcer, and Tom Brenneman is a bad one.  It needs to be put in perspective.
Last edited by Chris Plante Fan on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Plante Fan

Postby Stromer » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:11 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:
Stromer wrote:I second that one.  Jake from Langdon is very good as well. 

Last name Kulin, Cullen, or however else its spelt? I wasnt too impressed with him tonight if thats the same guy. It might not be but I thought it was a Langdon guy doing the game for KDLR in DL tonight. If hes good, Beighley is 50x better.

Yeah that was him.  DL picked up the feed from Rolla for the Leeds-Minnewauken game.  I am too far away for the radio to pick it up and it wasn't on the web like the other DL station, but he generally is good.  I guess I can't say what he was like tonight.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:15 pm

i think my problem with the twins broadcast is that they are homers to a fault. granted, they are doing a broadcast for the twins on fsn...i don't expect them to call mauer's sideburns the mark of a pansy or anything. but they are a little too 'everything is gravy'.

then again, this is the midwest and not new york...and midwest media has a reputation for being some of the fluffiest in the land (and no, i'm not just referring to my waistline)

rep

Postby cubsfan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:21 am

Dan Keating from KMAV is a pretty darn good radio broadcaster.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby point/center » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:09 am

Jack Michaels KFYR
Lee Halvorson KEYZ
Bruce D KQLX
Dan Keating KMAV
Ryan Cunningham KOVC
Gary Rogers Wahepton
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby FREE CHET » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:46 am

GR is tops - I always see the game when I listen.  Jack MIchaels is great.  Keating is not on my list - too much dead time and don't like the commentary.  Another lesser known is the "football authority" from LaMoure.  I like him doing football or basketball.  :cool1:
FREE CHET

Postby PA42 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:27 am

FREE CHET wrote:GR is tops - I always see the game when I listen.  Jack MIchaels is great.  Keating is not on my list - too much dead time and don't like the commentary.  Another lesser known is the "football authority" from LaMoure.  I like him doing football or basketball.  :cool1:
i think both of the keatings do a good job. on voice alone they are excellent announcers. i just don't here the dead time. bruce from lisbon is classic.
PA42

Postby point/center » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:47 am

SCC wrote:I think a lot of the announcers in this state are here because they want to live here.  I don't think it really has anything to do with what level of sports they are covering.  For the size of this state, we are spoiled with all the radio and newspaper coverage.
yes and yes. couldnt agree with you more. Mpls St Paul has only really two big daily newspapers and yet their population is 2x the entire state of ND.

great points SCC
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ClassBballa » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:16 am

My vote is also with Mark Biggly.

When it is an exciting game and he gets into it, it is something else. Its like i'm there sitting beside him. GOOD COUNT IT AND A FOUL.  (if he would just stop wearing all that Packers stuff..haha)
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby u no it » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:25 am

Kyle Hewitt all the way!!
u no it

Postby brmballer7 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:15 am

horne98 wrote:
FREE CHET wrote:GR is tops - I always see the game when I listen.  Jack MIchaels is great.  Keating is not on my list - too much dead time and don't like the commentary.  Another lesser known is the "football authority" from LaMoure.  I like him doing football or basketball.  :cool1:
i think both of the keatings do a good job. on voice alone they are excellent announcers. i just don't here the dead time. bruce from lisbon is classic.

i agree with bruce from lisbon, but i also agree with free chet on the point that the keating are tough to listen to. i also like the "football authority". isnt his name vance?:duel:
The path to success is through failure...other peoples failure, not you're own. That wouldn't be a very good path.--Will Ferrell
brmballer7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Chris Plante Fan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:13 pm

SCC wrote:I think a lot of the announcers in this state are here because they want to live here.  I don't think it really has anything to do with what level of sports they are covering.  For the size of this state, we are spoiled with all the radio and newspaper coverage.

So you're saying that Dan Keating and Dan Patrick could be the other way around?  Dan Keating just "chose" to announce in Mayville, ND when he could be working for ESPN?  I think not.
Chris Plante Fan

Postby rep » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:20 pm

if given the chance i wouldn't want to work for espn...i would never toe their company line. ever.
Last edited by rep on Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Next

Return to Boys