Region Match Ups

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:22 pm

Stromer wrote:
cash wrote:region 4 should be a battle, district 7 i think it is, has a lot of good teams and will put 4 teams into regionals that could win regionals, i think the winner of the four winds, wells co. district has the uppper hand just because they have so many good teams and minn leeds is the only good tema in that other district

IMO the only 2 teams that can/should win regions are FW and LM.  WC has an outside chance to pull out an upset.  As for the 4 teams that can win out of district 7, who are they?  Are Carrington or Midkota capable?  I don't know cause I haven't seen them but I don't think they can compete with some of the top teams in the state.  I know a lot of people are sold on Harvey as well, but they aren't as good as some of the teams in district 8.

the top 7 teams in district 7 could be every team in district 8 except leeds minn
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:01 pm

Stromer wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
Stromer wrote:
cash wrote:region 4 should be a battle, district 7 i think it is, has a lot of good teams and will put 4 teams into regionals that could win regionals, i think the winner of the four winds, wells co. district has the uppper hand just because they have so many good teams and minn leeds is the only good tema in that other district

IMO the only 2 teams that can/should win regions are FW and LM.  WC has an outside chance to pull out an upset.  As for the 4 teams that can win out of district 7, who are they?  Are Carrington or Midkota capable?  I don't know cause I haven't seen them but I don't think they can compete with some of the top teams in the state.  I know a lot of people are sold on Harvey as well, but they aren't as good as some of the teams in district 8.

the top 7 teams in district 7 could be every team in district 8 except leeds minn
That must be some low quality stuff you are smoking....

who is the number 2 team in district 8 tell me, cuz lakota is one of the low ranked teams in district 7 and they beat a-e
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Stromer » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:07 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
Stromer wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:the top 7 teams in district 7 could be every team in district 8 except leeds minn

who is the number 2 team in district 8 tell me, cuz lakota is one of the low ranked teams in district 7 and they beat a-e

Well technically Langdon, AE, MS, and Rolla all have 8 points so they all are tied for 2nd.

Ok if we want to compare scores this is what we are looking at.  First, we factor out FW and WC from district 7 (since they both are better than all of district 8 excluding ML) and also factor out Maddock since they have 1 win on the season.  Next we factor out M-L from district 8 since they are better than most or all of district 7 and also Rolette since they have zero wins so far. 

What does that leave us with?  Not a lot of games were played between the mid pack teams.  It seems to show that district 7 has came out on top the majority of time but teams like Carrington, Langdon, and NR-S haven't played these other midpack teams.  So I don't know how we can look at these reults and get a valid result.  Just my opinion, however, if I were a betting man, I would take these games in a 7-10 point spread.  :D

Midkota over Rolla by7
Warwick over AE by 7
Warwick over MS by 10 
Harvey over St. John by 10
Harvey over North Star by 7
Lakota over AE by 10
MS over Harvey by 10
MS over Warwick by 10

Edit:  All scores off of posted box scores on this site.  There may be wrong scores or missing games.
Last edited by Stromer on Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:53 am

Stromer wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
Stromer wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:the top 7 teams in district 7 could be every team in district 8 except leeds minn

Well technically Langdon, AE, MS, and Rolla all have 8 points so they all are tied for 2nd.

Ok if we want to compare scores this is what we are looking at.  First, we factor out FW and WC from district 7 (since they both are better than all of district 8 excluding ML) and also factor out Maddock since they have 1 win on the season.  Next we factor out M-L from district 8 since they are better than most or all of district 7 and also Rolette since they have zero wins so far. 

What does that leave us with?  Not a lot of games were played between the mid pack teams.  It seems to show that district 7 has came out on top the majority of time but teams like Carrington, Langdon, and NR-S haven't played these other midpack teams.  So I don't know how we can look at these reults and get a valid result.  Just my opinion, however, if I were a betting man, I would take these games in a 7-10 point spread.  :D

Midkota over Rolla by7
Warwick over AE by 7
Warwick over MS by 10 
Lakota over AE by 10
MS over Harvey by 10
MS over Warwick by 10

Edit:  All scores off of posted box scores on this site.  There may be wrong scores or missing games.

well i dont know if warwick would do that good.  they will be the 8 seed in the tourney and maddock wont even get in to the districts so that leaves nr, lakota, midkota, carrington, and harvey in district 7 and they are all close to the same, lakota being alittle under the other teams when they are playing at their best IMO
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby cash » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:16 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
Stromer wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:
Stromer wrote:

Midkota over Rolla by7
Warwick over AE by 7
Warwick over MS by 10 
Lakota over AE by 10
MS over Harvey by 10
MS over Warwick by 10

well i dont know if warwick would do that good.  they will be the 8 seed in the tourney and maddock wont even get in to the districts so that leaves nr, lakota, midkota, carrington, and harvey in district 7 and they are all close to the same, lakota being alittle under the other teams when they are playing at their best IMO
midkota, carrington and harvey are all about even, i think harvey is starting to get hot again after seeing them play warwick, even though warwick isint good, but leading 45-17 at the half or soemthin, pretty solid, i dk if they could take down LM, but they could sure give them a run for their money, i like midkota and harvey because of their size, carrington is good, but i think they can be figured out
cash
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys