Best JV

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:38 am

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:
balla23 wrote:Well one of the reasons they were undefeated was probally becuz of Lee and Dykema why r they even playing jv because they play so much varisty. IF they didnt play jv i bet u they would have lost at least 2 or 3 games and we could have gone undefeated if we would bring some varisty guys to play jv too.

Alot of teams play guys on JV that see alot of varsity playing time. Its all about managing the number of quarters they play. It's not against the rules, so they have the right to do that.

It is also a good way to get your guys minutes and also provide leadership to your younger players.  I think a player is allowed 6 Quarters a night.  I would take advantage of that all the time.  That will only make your younger Varsity players better
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby munson11 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:51 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
balla23 wrote:Well one of the reasons they were undefeated was probally becuz of Lee and Dykema why r they even playing jv because they play so much varisty. IF they didnt play jv i bet u they would have lost at least 2 or 3 games and we could have gone undefeated if we would bring some varisty guys to play jv too.

Alot of teams play guys on JV that see alot of varsity playing time. Its all about managing the number of quarters they play. It's not against the rules, so they have the right to do that.

It is also a good way to get your guys minutes and also provide leadership to your younger players.  I think a player is allowed 6 Quarters a night.  I would take advantage of that all the time.  That will only make your younger Varsity players better

This may not be the most appropriate place to ask this, but since it's being discussed i'll ask anyways :) Suppose a player is put in for like 10 seconds of a quarter...would that count towards the 6 they are allowed?

I doubt something like that would really happen, can't see a person going in for ten seconds and then coming back out i guess, but I just thought I would ask.
munson11

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:53 am

I believe once they check in and even if it is for a last second shot.  That counts towards their quarters per game.  At least that was the way it was when I played back in the day. (which was a Wednesday!)
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla23 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:40 pm

Ya i no u can do that but wat im saying is that if most teams bring down a couple of varsity players 2 jv they probally could go undefeated too
balla23
NDPreps Rookie

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:44 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:I believe once they check in and even if it is for a last second shot.  That counts towards their quarters per game.  At least that was the way it was when I played back in the day. (which was a Wednesday!)

Nice Dane cook line, except i think he does them a little better than you do there buddy. You ain't got nothin on cook. And yes, I disagree with the "if you only play 3 seconds in a quarter, it counts as a full quarter." I think that is stupid and the rule should be abolished.
project-pat

Postby Watcher 007 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:56 am

Anytime in a quarter is a quarter. Rules are rules.. If there wasn't any then we would complain that we don't need refs.
Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsperson » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:05 am

project-pat wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:I believe once they check in and even if it is for a last second shot.  That counts towards their quarters per game.  At least that was the way it was when I played back in the day. (which was a Wednesday!)

Nice Dane cook line, except i think he does them a little better than you do there buddy. You ain't got nothin on cook. And yes, I disagree with the "if you only play 3 seconds in a quarter, it counts as a full quarter." I think that is stupid and the rule should be abolished.

How would you propose to change the rule?  How long would you have to play for it to count as 1 quarter?
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:13 am

project-pat wrote:

Dude, You are too much, I must be someone to you if you hate me that much, I would hope he does Dane Cook better than me, since he is Dane Cook.  Just a thought!!! 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 32 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:13 am

munson11 wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:

This may not be the most appropriate place to ask this, but since it's being discussed i'll ask anyways :) Suppose a player is put in for like 10 seconds of a quarter...would that count towards the 6 they are allowed?

I doubt something like that would really happen, can't see a person going in for ten seconds and then coming back out i guess, but I just thought I would ask.

dont matter how long they are in..if they go in during that quarter, it counts as 1 of the 6
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:25 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:
project-pat wrote:

Dude, You are too much, I must be someone to you if you hate me that much, I would hope he does Dane Cook better than me, since he is Dane Cook.  Just a thought!!! 

haha im just messin with you man. Why would I hate you if I don't even know you? I'm not that type of guy.

I think you need at least 2+ minutes for it to count as a quarter.
Last edited by project-pat on Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:04 am

The only way to settle this arguement of who has the best JV would be some kind of tournament
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby kvrnm » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:54 am

williston trinity jv 16-5 winners of trenton JV tourney. also new town, watford have good JV's, Dickinson Trinity might just have the best JV in the state tho.
kvrnm
NDPreps Starter

Postby Watcher 007 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:40 am

You should check out Kenmare JV. They can straight ball.

Watcher 007
NDPreps Starter

Postby lambboy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:55 pm

Trinity and Watford have very good JV's. Trinity does not turn the ball over and they have a very good full court press. they take many high percentage shots. watford is very athletic and they can shoot the ball really well. these two teams played each other in each of there last games of the season. anybody know who won?
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby westpower » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:01 pm

lambboy wrote:Trinity and Watford have very good JV's. Trinity does not turn the ball over and they have a very good full court press. they take many high percentage shots. watford is very athletic and they can shoot the ball really well. these two teams played each other in each of there last games of the season. anybody know who won?

Wc won by one with two free throws when time was expired!
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby Jayhawk 13 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:14 pm

It is a little late in the season but if you think kenmare JV can Straight Ball....velva's jv beat them in the neuberg tourney by about 15....They also beat botno in the championship game with one of there best kids hurt throuth 3 quarters.

Last edited by Jayhawk 13 on Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others Make it happen.
Jayhawk 13
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SJ_Woodchuck » Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:23 am

St. John JV only had 3 losses to Leeds-Mineuaken, Munich-Starkweather, and Dunsieth. we only had one junior and 1 sophmore who had alot of playing time. and the only reason we lost to Leeds was because our best player got ejected for throwing a punch
Last edited by SJ_Woodchuck on Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
SJ_Woodchuck
NDPreps Reserve

Postby u no it » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:39 pm

SJ_Woodchuck wrote:St. John JV only had 3 losses to Leeds-Mineuaken, Munich-Starkweather, and Dunsieth. we only had one junior and 1 sophmore who had alot of playing time. and the only reason we lost to Leeds was because our best player got ejected for throwing a punch

I bet he  feels cool!!
u no it

Postby marchmadness10 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:42 pm

u no it wrote:
SJ_Woodchuck wrote:St. John JV only had 3 losses to Leeds-Mineuaken, Munich-Starkweather, and Dunsieth. we only had one junior and 1 sophmore who had alot of playing time. and the only reason we lost to Leeds was because our best player got ejected for throwing a punch

I bet he  feels cool!!

Yeah no kidding he must be a good and classy player. Sorry to burst your guys' bubble but do you realize all the jvs are done. Nobody will care about this years jvs until about 9 months from now. All that matters right now is the varsity.
marchmadness10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bill » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:47 pm

st.john's jv was pretty good
Last edited by bill on Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill
NDPreps Reserve

Postby timeouttime » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:34 pm

Bowmans JV will be pretty good the next couple years....but they lose their best player in devon stoldorf.... he is the emotional leader of the whole team... it will be interesting to see how they fair when he is gone
timeouttime

Postby countychamps 87-88 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:29 pm

[font=arial black]new town jv. team to watch.. 3 words-
fox,lyson,poitra
[/font]
countychamps 87-88

Postby westpower » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:24 am

countychamps 87-88 wrote:[font=arial black]new town jv. team to watch.. 3 words-
fox,lyson,poitra
[/font]

Still couldnt beat Watford City. 4-words  Schulz, Flatland, SAnford,Fixen
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby BBall dominator » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:05 pm

I don't know if I'll get in trouble for saying this its just an observation is it just me or are native american fans on this site a little more aggressive?? always making bold commments such as the ones above and everyone knows about the FW fans
Hate my selfishness, Hate my lies, Hate my infidelity, Hate the fact that my high-powered attorneys got me off and humiliated my accuser when I was charged with rape. And hate that I'm loved, because I can shoot a ball.
BBall dominator
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:43 am

What is your point?  :paper:
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys