Best JV

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby thesports_guy32 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:18 am

ClassBballa wrote:if you think this is such a ridiculous topic don't read it and don't post on it

i read it because i was curious as to what anyone could possible say under "Best JV" and so far it's been just a bunch of people throwing out school names.
thesports_guy32

Postby ClassBballa » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:22 am

thesports_guy32 wrote:
ClassBballa wrote:if you think this is such a ridiculous topic don't read it and don't post on it

i read it because i was curious as to what anyone could possible say under "Best JV" and so far it's been just a bunch of people throwing out school names.

people throwing out school names? what are they suppose to do...give records and complete game stats? the topic was meant to get discussion on who has pretty good underclassmen who will be good in the future.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thesports_guy32 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:26 am

sure throw out a name but give supporting reasons.... i mean i could throw out any name but if i don't give a good reason why then who should believe me? who's going to just take my word for it?
thesports_guy32

Postby ClassBballa » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:32 am

thesports_guy32 wrote:sure throw out a name but give supporting reasons.... i mean i could throw out any name but if i don't give a good reason why then who should believe me? who's going to just take my word for it?

the whole point of this is to get others opinions and to "take their word for it".

most teams don't keep complete stats for jv. you can say they are good shots and play good defense, but other than that there isn't much else to say.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thesports_guy32 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:34 am

then say what you know.
thesports_guy32

Postby ClassBballa » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:37 am

thesports_guy32 wrote:then say what you know.

if you read all of the posts, some do say what they know.

ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:56 am

Bowman-

They are 9-10 deep. They are a fast break, run and gun style team. The guards shoot the ball very well. They get open shots and they knock them down. Their posts are tremendous and all of them have the ability to step out and knock down a jumper. They beat a team by 40 in a JV tourney championship only after beating them by 4 a couple weeks before. Once they get running, there is no stopping them. They only have 3 losses and they all came earlier in the year. They will fill in the varsity really well next year and the year after that.
project-pat

Postby ace » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:03 am

project-pat wrote:Bowman-

They are 9-10 deep. They are a fast break, run and gun style team. The guards shoot the ball very well. They get open shots and they knock them down. Their posts are tremendous and all of them have the ability to step out and knock down a jumper. They beat a team by 40 in a JV tourney championship only after beating them by 4 a couple weeks before. Once they get running, there is no stopping them. They only have 3 losses and they all came earlier in the year. They will fill in the varsity really well next year and the year after that.

you probably play on this team.... am i right??
Last edited by ace on Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:09 am

no actually i don't...i wish i did though haha
project-pat

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:10 am

I don't play on Bowman and I will say they are a very solid team. Also, Bottineau had an unreal JV last year. I don't know exactly how they are this year but I just remember there JV last year was unreal.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:11 am

exactly
project-pat

Postby web17 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:25 am

thesports_guy32 wrote:this is a ridiculous topic, by the way.... besides family, who goes to watch the JV teams play?

thats the dumbest thing you could have said right there. i know there are a lot of people who ONLY go to JV games. because Jv's always play good together and are out for the name on the front. unlike most varsity.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby brmballer7 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:28 am

web17 wrote:
thesports_guy32 wrote:this is a ridiculous topic, by the way.... besides family, who goes to watch the JV teams play?

thats the dumbest thing you could have said right there. i know there are a lot of people who ONLY go to JV games. because Jv's always play good together and are out for the name on the front. unlike most varsity.

the sports guy is right. and web17 you are just starting this so someone will say the team from the town where you're from. nothing against you it just seems like that.
The path to success is through failure...other peoples failure, not you're own. That wouldn't be a very good path.--Will Ferrell
brmballer7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:30 am

web17 wrote:

Haha no, that was the dumbest thing right there. No one goes JUST to the JV game. They might like the JV more, but no one goes JUST for the JV game. Sorry, but I haven't ever seen a sell out JV crowd and then everyone leave for the varsity game... And why do you say most varsitys don't play for there school? What do you think they are? NBA players? Besides, high schools don't have names on there back of there jerseys so saying that doesn't even work.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Class_B_sports » Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:29 pm

Trinity has a pretty good deep jv team. Watford City's jv team is undefeated and they beat bowman's jv by 25 points.
Class_B_sports

Postby lambboy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:35 am

ya i said watford city was really good and they did beat bowman by alot but it helps when u have a lot of juniors playin jv ha ha, and watford has a ton of juniors playin jv. they also made 10+ threes that game, so its easy to win when ur shootin lights out. bowmans jv is sophs and fresh
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby theghost » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:57 am

another good jv team is graftons jv team they are undefeated...won the jv tourney at st.thomas with only 2 juniors, i think they will be tough for the next few years
theghost

Postby Flyer » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:19 pm

You can play 6 quarters a night and if they are not playing all 6 each night it is a waste, I believe Watford City's leading scorers at the JV level are all sophomores.
Flyer

Postby jdeere » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:26 pm

i say that Beulah has one of the best jv teams in the state, they have only lost 3 games this season.
"when we play like we play when we play, no one can stop us" Dennis Green
jdeere
NDPreps Reserve

Postby lambboy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:47 pm

really? well i know watford has does have alot of juniors and they are an excelllent shooting team. i think bowman has 2-3 juniors but there top 5 or 6 leading scorers i think are all freshman and sophmores
lambboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bison09 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:44 pm

Central Cass has a nice JV.  They handled Carrington the whole game.
"We do not accept moral victories" Craig Bohl
Bison09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rumbles » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:23 pm

Carrington lost to Lakota snd Lamore both of witch they should have won but blew a lead. I think their C squad has only lost once though.
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby web17 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:11 pm

Bison09 wrote:Central Cass has a nice JV.  They handled Carrington the whole game.

how many older players do they have? is it a junior dominated team or a younger team?
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby itsallabouteddie » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:41 pm

jv sucess can be misleading, i remember Hatton and CV having really good JV teams but once they got to be on the varsity they weren't very good. I remember Hillsboro back in the Beyer days where they had 20+guys on the JV team and everybody got to play at least two quarters no matter how good or how terrible they were. the coach wanted the kids to get experience and yeah he wanted to win but if they lost it was no big deal unless they just played downright terrible. Once they made it to varsity, they Hillsboro teams were usually pretty decent.
itsallabouteddie
NDPreps Starter

Postby u no it » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:37 pm

Carrington has no juniours they have one on the whole team  an plays varsity  they have 2 sophmores on Jv rest are young  they  do play really good agianst older teams  lost games they were up by 10 or more an  they came back on Central Cass but yeah there pretty good ill give ya that!!
Last edited by u no it on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
u no it

PreviousNext

Return to Boys