Best Juniors

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby the mask » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:11 pm

the two twins from parshall are just amazing simple as that.... my cousin played against them last year in the state tourney and he told me that if neil shot the ball and missed nathaniel would start to get on his case by saying that " jezz neil if ur gunna miss the ball then give it to me so i can make it" i found that funny i don't think i  have ever herd of two people go like taht on the court by getting after each other.....but rudy young bird i do believe will have a little trouble getting them points rebounds and what ever else because the twins are just a huge part of that team, but IMO i think rudy will do just find in other words
you don't have to win championships to be considered a good team
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby the mask » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:35 pm

you think ur really all taht big for using little words on nd preps my friend.....no crap hes not the best junior in the state ill give that hands down to mauch then young bird but for some reason i think ostrom is just a little stronger than seth but seth has an inch or so on him so that helps but dp don't have much height from what i have been told so this up coming game FSHP vs. DP is gunna be a super sweet round up dillan ostrom is a good play is all i am saying tahts all i want to get across as a point dillan ostrom is a good player for only being a junior.......yea but parshall is tough i like their chances for state tourney this year
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby arizona_hoops11 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:41 pm

[user=1190]ndsbest44[/user] wrote:
Here are some of my top juniors whose stats were on ndhsaa

Rudy Young Bird: 19.9 ppg, 11.1 reb, on 60.2 fg%

Seth Nichols: 19.8 ppg, 8.8 reb, on 55.2 fg%

Clint Urvand: 21.1 ppg, 9.7 reb, on 58.3 fg%

I also believe Jamie Mauch and Logan Carlblom are two of the top juniors but their stats weren't on the site. I consider those to be in the "elite" class of juniors

Dillan Ostroms numbers: 14.9 ppg, 9.5 reb, on 42.6 fg% are good but aren't on the same level as those listed above. Also with the exception of Urvand all the players listed above are on highly succesful teams, while Ostroms team hovers around .500

All of Mauch's stats are on NDHSAA.... I just check them the other day.
Last edited by arizona_hoops11 on Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arizona_hoops11

Postby Chris Plante Fan » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:34 pm

[sup][font=verdana][font=arial]Why isn't Benjamin Strand from Hatton-Northwood getting any love?  He is clearly a great leader.  He is now running the point and turning the Thunder's season around.  Yes, he is now forced to pass the ball more often than before so his PPG isn't as good as some of these other guys, but no one thinks about the intangibles.[/font]
[/font][/sup]
Last edited by Chris Plante Fan on Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Plante Fan

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:46 pm

sportsperson wrote:Sodadrinker, have you actually seen Young Bird play in a "five on five" basketball game this season? Preferrably one where they played a team with kids that could walk and chew gum at the same time. And did you even watch the state tournament last year? I'm just asking.

Whats your point? I have seen him play. He is a junior that can flat out score. He can shoot outside the lane, and he can score in the post. How can you discredit him? It was the Parshall vs Leeds-Minn game when I watched him.  He had 19pts and 8 boards and sat out the last few minutes with cramps(worst cramps i've ever seen by the way. nasty style) How is he a bad player? Just wondering if that is what your pointing at....
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:39 pm

hey chris plante fan its not that we aren't giving him love its just that not much has been heard of him this year.  every team has a player like that who doesn't score as much as others but is fundamentally sound and kinda does the dirty work or stuff that goes unnoticed.  ben strand is a good player, pretty good shot from three.
Last edited by north_border_eagles2106 on Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:34 am

sportsperson wrote:Sodadrinker, have you actually seen Young Bird play in a "five on five" basketball game this season? Preferrably one where they played a team with kids that could walk and chew gum at the same time. And did you even watch the state tournament last year? I'm just asking.

ya i watched the state tourney last year how.  how else would i know that he had a pretty good tourney.  apparently u r a little jealous of the attention he is recieving and thats fine but everyone knows hes a good player so u might as well stop trying to change peoples minds
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsperson » Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:34 am

sodadrinker wrote:

ya i watched the state tourney last year how.  how else would i know that he had a pretty good tourney.  apparently u r a little jealous of the attention he is recieving and thats fine but everyone knows hes a good player so u might as well stop trying to change peoples minds
I'm confused at how you think he had a good state tournament last year.  He probably had a good 5 points a game and hardly made any difference
 in any of their three games.  I know he's a decent player but I also know he might just be the most overrated player in the state.  He averages 19 points a game almost entirely because of the Packineaus.  I've watched him play at least 10 times in the last 2 years and have yet to see him create his own shot in any way.  You said he's "unstoppable" in the low post and I don't think i've even ever seen him make a move in the low post. I'm not trying to change people's minds about him, just trying to get a point across.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:03 am

sportsperson wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:

I'm confused at how you think he had a good state tournament last year.  He probably had a good 5 points a game and hardly made any difference
 in any of their three games.  I know he's a decent player but I also know he might just be the most overrated player in the state.  He averages 19 points a game almost entirely because of the Packineaus.  I've watched him play at least 10 times in the last 2 years and have yet to see him create his own shot in any way.  You said he's "unstoppable" in the low post and I don't think i've even ever seen him make a move in the low post. I'm not trying to change people's minds about him, just trying to get a point across.

well then u keep your opinion and ill keep mine.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBballa » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:29 am

most overrated player in the state? he isn't even that "rated" because of the pacs (who are insanly good). he does get some easy buckets because of the twins but saying he can't create his own shot in any way is kinda ridiculous. I'm guessing he doesn't get 10 easy layups a game and miss every shot when theres a hand in his face. he is a good player.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Chris Plante Fan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:47 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:hey chris plante fan its not that we aren't giving him love its just that not much has been heard of him this year.  every team has a player like that who doesn't score as much as others but is fundamentally sound and kinda does the dirty work or stuff that goes unnoticed.  ben strand is a good player, pretty good shot from three.
Yeah, I know what you're saying man.  I just think that he is twice as good as Ross Olsen of M-Portland-C-G and he's averaging something like 12 PPG while only shooting 6-7 times a night.  I'm just saying watch out for this kid next year, he could be scary with Gus Kueber and Mark Wallace playing bigger roles.
Chris Plante Fan

Postby PA42 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:43 am

ben strand is a good player don't get me wrong. but to truly be a great player he needs to improve on two or three things. Like you said right now he is playing point guard, all great point guards have excellent penetration. THe ability to get to hoop and score or get scoring oppurtunties for your teamates. Like you said right now he is just bringing the ball up and passing. He also needs become quicker latterally on defense. Right now i don't think he has the quickness to guard a quick point guard. Don't get me wrong strand has an excellent shot, is unselfish, and works hard but before he is mentioned as one of the best players in the state he needs to improve his penetration skills.
PA42

Postby cdub1 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:14 am

austin dufault best junior hands down

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby the mask » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:37 am

cdub1 wrote:austin dufault best junior hands down
this is where i think your wrong IMO... play him against lefy mauch,,, mauch would eat that kid alive not even kidding hankinson could play against most minn. teams and would be up there with a good 90% of them he can score but when he can't score he can get the assits or get the rebs. just my thoughts on that guy you wree talkin bout... "dufault"
the mask
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:30 am

I disagree. mauch is a very good junior. But I'd have to say dufault is the best junior ever.

haha billy madison right there.
project-pat

Postby gator-nation » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:35 am

I would have to agree that Austin Dufault is probably the best junior in the state with Jamie Mauch coming in a close second.
gator-nation

Postby Region 2 fan » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:19 am

Ben Strand of Hatton-Northwood does deserve credit.  He may not be thrown in 'best juniors in the state' but he's a work horse.  Ben has gone threw injury after injury.  He busted his shoulder the last two years in football and ended his season but comes out ready to go for basketball.  I heard he's been battling shin splints all year and one of them is really bad.  This year he is a first year letter award winner for the Thunder and has the starting point spot.  I believe earlier in the year he was playing the 2 but now he's at the 1.  I've watched a few Hatton-Northwood games this year and I have seen him nail some huge shots.  Midway-Minto game he nailed a shot to put it into overtime in which the Thunder went on to hand the Mustangs 1 of their 2 losses this season and then in the MPCG game that went into overtime Ben nailed another three to push overtime.  I don't know if he likes the pressure situations but sure looks like he's handling them fine.  As for his weaknesses or whatever, I'm sure Ben is well aware.  He doesn't find himself as the best.  He comes out and works hard and does all he can everynight trying to get the W.  He'll work to get the most out of his high school basketball career as possible and just a great competitor and person. 
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:45 am

gator-nation wrote:I would have to agree that Austin Dufault is probably the best junior in the state with Jamie Mauch coming in a close second.

how close is dufault to his 1,000th point?  he must be getting close
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fruit snack » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:59 am

sodadrinker wrote:
sportsperson wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:i gotta give rudy youngbird some love.  he is unstoppable in the post and has a sweet stroke from the outside.  one word to describe him. STUD

Have you ever seen Rudy Young Bird play? Or are you just one of those guys that gets their opinions by looking at stats and listening to whatever anyone else says? Some advice, go watch Rudy Young Bird on February 13th against Watford and tell me how "unstoppable" he is then.

played against him this fall in a 3 on 3 tournement so i kinda know how good he is, but thanks for trying to act like u know what ur talkin about, it was kind of cute

BURN!!!
fruit snack

Postby bbjay » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:11 am

Youngbird is flat out good.  He has size and shoots well.  Sure he's overshadowed a bit by the twins, but he's relishing it this year and I hardly doubt he's shaking in his shoes about somebody stopping him next year.
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby d-stopper45 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:32 pm

logan carlbloom, no questions asked
d-stopper45

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:03 pm

sportsperson wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:i gotta give rudy youngbird some love.  he is unstoppable in the post and has a sweet stroke from the outside.  one word to describe him. STUD

Have you ever seen Rudy Young Bird play? Or are you just one of those guys that gets their opinions by looking at stats and listening to whatever anyone else says? Some advice, go watch Rudy Young Bird on February 13th against Watford and tell me how "unstoppable" he is then.

didnt watch the game but seen rudy put up 27,  jeez watford kinda shut him down.  i stand corrected.  hahaha if 27 isnt unstoppable then what is.  PLUS THEY GOT THE WIN. rudy is the man.  Enough said.
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:41 pm

and next yr rudy might have the finley kid to play with....the kid that left FW
Last edited by fruit snack on Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fruit snack

Postby Big Ticket » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:20 pm

I am not going to lie I saw Rudy play last year, and this year i went to one of his games. He has improved so much, the kid can ball no doubt, so unless you are putting up numbers like him on a team like his, dont talk.
Big Ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby sodadrinker » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:23 pm

Big Ticket wrote:I am not going to lie I saw Rudy play last year, and this year i went to one of his games. He has improved so much, the kid can ball no doubt, so unless you are putting up numbers like him on a team like his, dont talk.

thank u

sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

PreviousNext

Return to Boys