Best Juniors

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:40 am

nc wrote:Seth nichols is by far the best junior in the state. He had 21 points per game and 10 rebounds plus three block.

pretty bold statement......
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:57 am

The Schwab wrote:
nc wrote:Seth nichols is by far the best junior in the state. He had 21 points per game and 10 rebounds plus three block.

The NDHSAA site has him down for 19, 8 and 1.7 per game.  Still impressive but get your facts straight before you spout off. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:32 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

The NDHSAA site has him down for 19, 8 and 1.7 per game.  Still impressive but get your facts straight before you spout off. 

dont get mad....just because hes better than cj
fruit snack

Postby wildboy » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:10 pm

friut cup who your team now.
wildboy
NDPreps Starter

Postby rumbles » Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:14 pm

its got to be annoying when people with only seven posts keep calling you fruit cup and not snack but anyway yea nichols is pretty good. tall and good athletic ability
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ClassBballa » Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:37 pm

nothing against nichols cuase he is a good player, but no better than MAuch and a hand full of others. Mauch had a great state tourney and showed ppl what he was capable of, i think he even could have been a little more selfish and created a few more shots for himself.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wildcat » Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:31 pm

My list of top five juniors

1. Dufault- hard to guard, shoots the 3, drives the lane, plays the post. Could be a first-team all-stater. He's very quick for his size, moves well with and without the ball.

2. Mauch - great player. He's very athletic for his size. Senior-happy team led to him passing the ball more often than not. He could have much better numbers next year. He doesn't move as well as Dufault and he doesn't look as flexible. Also, he doesn't drive the lane near as often as Dufault.

3. Austin Vetter - great player. He might be the best defensive player on this board. He's a hard worker and sometimes some of the little things he does goes unnoticed.

4. Justin Shipman - good all-around player. I saw him early this season and he was very good at getting to the basket. I thought that was his best asset.

5. Rudy Young Bird - very good around the basket. Gets criticized for getting a lot of garbage points from Packineaus, however, he is a good player. I don't believe he is any higher on this list just because his game is limited to inside where he's good, but certainly not amazing.

Others: Erhardt from Hazen is an amazing point guard. Hazen also has a kid named Jon Ellwein who had a good postseason and will be back, not to mention soph. in Chad Marshall. I haven't seen Seth Nichols, but I have friends who have. He's probably good, but maybe a step below, according to my "sources" anyways.

Note: I have seen all of these kids play by the way. This list is similar to someone else's, but its IMO.
Last edited by Wildcat on Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hunterlaf » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:59 am

Rudy Youngbird From Parshall Has to Be the Best Junior in the state
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fruit snack » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:11 am

wildboy wrote:friut cup who your team now.

if u were trying to bash me u could of at least spelled fruit right.....im just searching for the team that will probaly win state next yr and then go to school there..lol
fruit snack

Postby gamechanger » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:12 am

Last edited by gamechanger on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamechanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gamechanger » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:14 am

Hunterlaf wrote:Rudy Youngbird From Parshall Has to Be the Best Junior in the state

agreed! State tourney proved that!
gamechanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rumbles » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:45 am

Youngbird is only a junior i thiught he was a senior yea he is the best in the state
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hunterlaf » Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:14 am

What about Venell Jackson from warwick i heard that he was pretty good
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BaldEagle » Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:22 am

Wildcat wrote:5. Rudy Young Bird - very good around the basket. Gets criticized for getting a lot of garbage points from Packineaus, however, he is a good player. I don't believe he is any higher on this list just because his game is limited to inside where he's good, but certainly not amazing.

With North Border up by 5 with 30 seconds left in the half, Young Bird hit two three's to put Parshall ahead at the half, and change the momentum of the game.  North Border never recovered after that.  IMO, he has great range. 

He's a very active 6'5", that's why he can get a lot of those garbage points. 

Played very well while in foul trouble in the championship game too.

That's my 2 or 3 cents. :)
BaldEagle
NDPreps Starter

Postby grizz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:02 am

Yeah I was definately impressed by the way Young Bird played in the tourny. I was expecting their team to be sort of like Killdeer.... the 2 person team. But during the state game Young Bird was making some big shots, which opened up the shots for the Packs.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:04 am

Hunterlaf wrote:What about Venell Jackson from warwick i heard that he was pretty good

its vernell.....hes actually pretty good.....he will shoot from anywhere on the court.....he'll shoot from the parking lot if hes open lol
fruit snack

Postby grizz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:06 am

haha that doesn't really sound like a good thing.....
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:07 am

grizz wrote:haha that doesn't really sound like a good thing.....

the kid never misses tho
fruit snack

Postby grizz » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:14 am

OK maybe thats a good thing. haha

Anyone a Dufault follower in here? I went thru the first couple pages and I didnt see him mentioned so I thought I would show some love. He does average about 23/game, shots the 3 ball well, and is freakin taller than a giraffe.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby pacod » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:20 am

fruit snack wrote:
Hunterlaf wrote:What about Venell Jackson from warwick i heard that he was pretty good

its vernell.....hes actually pretty good.....he will shoot from anywhere on the court.....he'll shoot from the parking lot if hes open lol

Yeah no one really mentions Vernell to much. IMO he still has some work to do on his game, polish up his attitude, work on his conditioning and he MIGHT be unstoppable next year. ANOTHER FRED LONGIE. Kid could ball, has a lot of natural ablilty, especially those soft hands.
pacod

Postby baller01 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:50 am

grizz wrote:OK maybe thats a good thing. haha

Anyone a Dufault follower in here? I went thru the first couple pages and I didnt see him mentioned so I thought I would show some love. He does average about 23/game, shots the 3 ball well, and is freakin taller than a giraffe.

He actually averages just under 20 a game. Kinda hard to score more then that with another great scorer in Wheeling. Averages between 8-9 boards a game and about 3 assists. The thing that sents him away from everyone else IMO is that its very hard to contest his shot from the 3 point line because he is 6'7". He is such a hard matchup because no matter how tall of guy you put on him, hes more then likely going to just be able to shoot over the top of you.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hunterlaf » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:17 am

What about pat wolf from New Town he is one of the best Juniors in Region 8.

1) Rudy Youngbird from Parshall

2) Billy Baker From Manderee

3) Taylor Brown From North Shore Plaza

4) Chad and Carmen Fox From white shield

5)GERAN RICK from Burke County

6) Clint Urvand from Divide County

7) Jarek Hanson From Trinity Christian
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hunterlaf » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:17 am

What about pat wolf from New Town he is one of the best Juniors in Region 8.

1) Rudy Youngbird from Parshall

2) Billy Baker From Manderee

3) Taylor Brown From North Shore Plaza

4) Chad and Carmen Fox From white shield

5)GERAN RICK from Burke County

6) Clint Urvand from Divide County

7) Jarek Hanson From Trinity Christian
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hunterlaf » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:18 am

Justin Shippman is the best from Region 8
Hunterlaf
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsperson » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:45 pm

So is that just some random list with some juniors with numbers by them or does that actually go in order from best to worst? If it is in order it's probably the worst list I've ever seen.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys