Best Juniors

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby AAfootballfan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:21 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
sportsperson wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:i gotta give rudy youngbird some love.  he is unstoppable in the post and has a sweet stroke from the outside.  one word to describe him. STUD

Have you ever seen Rudy Young Bird play? Or are you just one of those guys that gets their opinions by looking at stats and listening to whatever anyone else says? Some advice, go watch Rudy Young Bird on February 13th against Watford and tell me how "unstoppable" he is then.

didnt watch the game but seen rudy put up 27,  jeez watford kinda shut him down.  i stand corrected.  hahaha if 27 isnt unstoppable then what is.  PLUS THEY GOT THE WIN. rudy is the man.  Enough said.

Those Points wer all layups off of WC's press break and he maybe hit one flat footed set shot..he is very stoppable and the only reson they won that game was Nathaniel Packineau's shooting, not Rudy's play!!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby blaze88 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:01 pm

so why didnt watford city stop him then if they were all layups. any way a person gets 27 points is good in my book. and also i think that shipman was also mainly shooting layups and short jumpers. and a win is a win.
blaze88

Postby AAfootballfan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:08 pm

blaze88 wrote:so why didnt watford city stop him then if they were all layups. any way a person gets 27 points is good in my book. and also i think that shipman was also mainly shooting layups and short jumpers. and a win is a win.

Parshall isn't gonna win when it counts buddie!! They don't have enough on a neutral floor and WC didn't play any defense and shot horrible from the foul line!
Last edited by AAfootballfan on Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby blaze88 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:37 pm

just keep thinking that
blaze88

Postby AAfootballfan » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:29 pm

blaze88 wrote:just keep thinking that

Don't worrie I will...u can't live and die with the 3 ball every game and also if u don't know this defense wins championships which Parshall has none of it!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gator-nation » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:29 pm

i have noticed that watford city has a couple decent juniors...they could really shoot the ball.......does anybody know names?
Last edited by gator-nation on Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gator-nation

Postby project-pat » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:40 pm

They have more than a couple decent juniors. Justin Shipman and Kenny Leibel were there 2 big guys down low. Tyler Fixen is an awesome shooter, i believe he is #10. shoots the lights out. Steven Bruins is an alright guard.

They also have an awesome sophmore class. Christian Schulz is an outstanding 2 guard. Kevin Sanford is alright as well.

WC varsity consists of 3 seniors, and I'm pretty sure only one of them does anything for them, that's Bo James. Their team is pretty much held together by the juniors and Christian Schulz.
project-pat

Postby been there done that » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:20 am

What about justin shippman from Watford city. I would like to see someone compare his stats against youngbird's and then you will see.
been there done that
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:00 am

been there done that wrote:What about justin shippman from Watford city. I would like to see someone compare his stats against youngbird's and then you will see.

ya if u compare the most important stat its rudy 1and shipman 0
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby BB11 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:40 am

Justin Shipman is the best junior basketball player I have seen this year. I saw him his freshman year, and sophomore year. I know that when Rich Glass was still at UND they were looking at Shipman during his freshman year. Youngbird is a Very good player as well - not taking anything away from him - but Shipman is a leader and a gamebreaker - he always comes up big when they need him.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby wizard23 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:07 am

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:
ndfootball06 wrote:
thundastruck. wrote: Seth Nichols from dakota praire will be region 2 player of the year next year if he gets stronger physically

i don't know about that....

it will be either Nichols or AK getting the region 2 player of the year next year.. IMO

Seth Nichole is the top ballplayer in the region.
wizard23
NDPreps Rookie

Postby AAfootballfan » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:15 am

BB11 wrote:Justin Shipman is the best junior basketball player I have seen this year. I saw him his freshman year, and sophomore year. I know that when Rich Glass was still at UND they were looking at Shipman during his freshman year. Youngbird is a Very good player as well - not taking anything away from him - but Shipman is a leader and a gamebreaker - he always comes up big when they need him.

Totally agree has everything you need in a player and I really believe WC has a shot at not only going to state but going deep once they get there with the team they have this year. They play about 9 guys and they play good team defense except on one occasion against Parshall. The postseason should be fun to watch!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby letsgosox » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:57 pm

BB11 wrote:Justin Shipman is the best junior basketball player I have seen this year. I saw him his freshman year, and sophomore year. I know that when Rich Glass was still at UND they were looking at Shipman during his freshman year. Youngbird is a Very good player as well - not taking anything away from him - but Shipman is a leader and a gamebreaker - he always comes up big when they need him.

aparently you have not seen austin dufault play yet. shipman is good, but dufault is the better player by quite a bit
letsgosox

Postby sodadrinker » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:02 pm

letsgosox wrote:

aparently you have not seen austin dufault play yet. shipman is good, but dufault is the better player by quite a bit

the way i hear it is dufault can shoot from the outside, but that is all anyone has ever said he can do.  shipman can shoot, rebound, play tough defense, and make the big shot.  i have a hard time saying a shooter is a better player than an all around good player
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby magic715 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:09 pm

letsgosox wrote:

I have seen both play over the last couple of years , and not saying it isnt close, but i definitely think Shipman is better. Dufault may end up being a better college player, but shipman does more.
magic715

Postby letsgosox » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:10 pm

sodadrinker wrote:
letsgosox wrote:

the way i hear it is dufault can shoot from the outside, but that is all anyone has ever said he can do.  shipman can shoot, rebound, play tough defense, and make the big shot.  i have a hard time saying a shooter is a better player than an all around good player
austin dufault is a good all around player, its just that his strength is shooting outside. the main criticism that he gets is he doesnt post up enough. shipman is a poor outside shooter, so they both have weaknesses, but austin is the leading rebounder and shot blocker on his team so he is also tough defensively and rebounds well. also, he is 6'8"...im going to give the edge to austin
letsgosox

Postby Class_B_sports » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:29 pm

Have you ever seen shipman shoot from the outside. POOR is about the opposite of what he is. He just doesn't usually shoot from out there during games because he's either on the blocks or he'll take you off the dribble.
Class_B_sports

Postby baller01 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:38 pm

I think we also have to put into consideration that Dufault is playing along side one of the best players in the state. Playing with someone like that has its ups and downs. When you play with someone like that, all of the defense can't focus just on you. So in that sense it helps Dufault. But then again, if he wasn't playing with Wheeling, he would be taking way more shots and be asked to score way more.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby letsgosox » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:33 pm

Class_B_sports wrote:Have you ever seen shipman shoot from the outside. POOR is about the opposite of what he is. He just doesn't usually shoot from out there during games because he's either on the blocks or he'll take you off the dribble.

yes i have seen shipman shoot from the outside, and had played against him. I guess we have different shooting standards, Shipman is a great player from 15 feet and in. Anywhere outside the free throwline he is average at best.
letsgosox

Postby unc2 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:36 pm

Ya i seen Shipman play and he was an average outside shooter, nothing special. I really think Dufault is a good player and I think he will even have a better individual year without wheeling
Last edited by unc2 on Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:04 pm

unc2 wrote:    Ya i seen Shipman play and he was an average outside shooter, nothing special. I really think Dufault is a good player and I think he will even have a better individual year without wheeling

well most likely since its about 22 points per game to make up im sure his numbers will be better next year
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby J-Rod34 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:29 am

AAfootballfan wrote:

Totally agree has everything you need in a player and I really believe WC has a shot at not only going to state but going deep once they get there with the team they have this year. They play about 9 guys and they play good team defense except on one occasion against Parshall. The postseason should be fun to watch!
Maybe Parshall's offense is better then Watford's defense, good teams can make anything look bad. Think about that.
J-Rod34

Postby cardinal10 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:29 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:
sodadrinker wrote:haagenson from leeds is a stud

I'll agree, Reid is a great player. He improved a lot since last season.

Haagenson is a very good player.  He needs to keep playing smart (as does their whole team) for M-L to make a run at the Big Dance.
cardinal10
NDPreps Starter

Postby philshometown » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:30 am

Junior Jamie Mauch, 16.7 points, rebounds (11.2), steals (4.6), blocks (3.2) and assists (2.7)

I would like to see the stats for the rest of the Class of 2008!
In basketball -- as in life -- true joy comes from being fully present in each and every moment, not just when things are going your way.

PHIL JACKSON, Sacred Hoops
philshometown
NDPreps Starter

Postby PA42 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:59 am

seth nichols is a very good player. One of the best athletes in the state next year.
PA42

PreviousNext

Return to Boys