2/5/07 poll

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby AAfootballfan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:13 pm

No Ryan has got to be the front runner right now in Region 6....tomorrow's matchup with Hazen should be a good one to watch!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:16 pm

Alrite, I was just going by the fact that Westhope was the only team that was mentioned in the polls. I'm not saying the polls mean who is the best, it is just the only way of knowing anything about those teams. Thanks.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby beachy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:53 pm

HANKINSON beats lisbon in OT 51-50....hank is gonan be number 1 with lisbon losing to us
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby baller01 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:57 pm

baller01 wrote:
SCC wrote:1 Lisbon (9) 14-0 99 1
2 Hankinson 15-0 76 4
3 Hazen (1) 13-1 73 3
4 Minnewaukan-Leeds 14-1 63 5
5 Beulah 13-2 49 7
6 Killdeer 13-2 48 2
7 Watford City 13-1 45 6
8 Four Winds 15-1 28 10
9 Dickinson Trinity 12-2 27 9
10 Linton 14-3 9 8
TIE Park River 15-1 9 10
TIE Steele-Dawson 13-1 9 10

[align=justify]Others Receiving Votes:  May-Port CG (11-4), Kindred (11-4), Standing Rock (11-3), Grafton (13-3), Westhope-Newburg (11-2).[/align]

So with Killdeer winning pretty easily, Linton thumping Standing rock, and Dickinson Trinity blowing away Beulah, how does this affect the polls for next week? Either Lisbon or Hankinson is going to lose yet this week. Anyone else got some scores from ranked teams?

This is the results from teams ranked in the polls as far as I know:

Dickinson Trinity over Beulah

Killdeer over RT

Killdeer over Trinity

Linton over Standing Rock

Bishop Ryan over Hazen

Hankinson over Lisbon

Anyone else got results?
Last edited by baller01 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby power-aid14 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:57 pm

the poll will look quite a bit different then or so it seems

Last edited by power-aid14 on Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:58 pm

four winds strong-armed maddock tonight

mpcg big-timed griggs county central tonight
rep

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:20 pm

rep wrote:four winds strong-armed maddock tonight

Yeah, big time, but what is maddock, 1-15?
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:21 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:

doesn't matter how bad a team is, when you score 105 points in a 32 minute game, that is strong-arming
rep

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:20 am

rep wrote:
NATURAL TALENT wrote:

doesn't matter how bad a team is, when you score 105 points in a 32 minute game, that is strong-arming

First everyone says they barely win, so they don't get the votes!  Now they "strong arm" a team now we are beating up on them!  Man!  Tough crowd. 

Just because you are up alot does not mean you don't run your offense, you take the scoring oppritunities as they come, it is a tough call as a coach to have your kids not take easy baskets.  As a coach you teach your team to be aggressive, I am not saying run up the score but you teach them to take the easy buckets and not be passive.  Coach Smith is not one to run up the score on anyone.  He remembers how it felt when other teams done that to them. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:02 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
rep wrote:
NATURAL TALENT wrote:

First everyone says they barely win, so they don't get the votes!  Now they "strong arm" a team now we are beating up on them!  Man!  Tough crowd. 

Just because you are up alot does not mean you don't run your offense, you take the scoring oppritunities as they come, it is a tough call as a coach to have your kids not take easy baskets.  As a coach you teach your team to be aggressive, I am not saying run up the score but you teach them to take the easy buckets and not be passive.  Coach Smith is not one to run up the score on anyone.  He remembers how it felt when other teams done that to them. 

Maddock beat FW in FB 75-0, so karma is a B*%#@!  FW scored 25 points in less than 4 minutes in the 3rd quarter.  I don't care who your playing, that's pretty impressive.
Last edited by nativegolfer on Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:07 am

Indians Alumni wrote:Just because you are up alot does not mean you don't run your offense, you take the scoring oppritunities as they come, it is a tough call as a coach to have your kids not take easy baskets.  As a coach you teach your team to be aggressive, I am not saying run up the score but you teach them to take the easy buckets and not be passive.  Coach Smith is not one to run up the score on anyone.  He remembers how it felt when other teams done that to them. 

so thats why your all state player is scoring 35 in a 50 point win??  alot of teams would use teams like that as confidence biulders for the guys who are struggling, not a game to rise their PPG (sizer too)
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:07 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
rep wrote:
NATURAL TALENT wrote:

I don't think they were critizing 4 Winds for scoring 105 against Maddock, I think they were just saying that it isn't as impressive as doing it against a good team. 105 though is still 105 so that is pretty amazing, but 105 against a good team is more impressive then against a bad team. But like I said, 105 in a game is still impressive.
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:17 am

baseball wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:Just because you are up alot does not mean you don't run your offense, you take the scoring oppritunities as they come, it is a tough call as a coach to have your kids not take easy baskets.  As a coach you teach your team to be aggressive, I am not saying run up the score but you teach them to take the easy buckets and not be passive.  Coach Smith is not one to run up the score on anyone.  He remembers how it felt when other teams done that to them. 

so thats why your all state player is scoring 35 in a 50 point win??  alot of teams would use teams like that as confidence biulders for the guys who are struggling, not a game to rise their PPG (sizer too)

If the kid is on he can score most of his points in the first half, he is not going to pass up on easy and good shots.  I would understand if he was throwing up three pointers in the second half all day, but I am sure that is not the case. 

If he has an easy score, I'd tell him to take it.  Attack the basket as you would any other time.   You can't help if a team is unprepared.  This is varsity Athletics, Like Native Golfer stated, where was their "sportsmanship" when they handed FW their backsides on a plate in football?  FW was not prepared.  This is a competative sport, not a after school special!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:22 am

i will agree if its an easy 2 take it, its jsut one of my biggest pet peeves when a teams star player goes out and scores a career high against a team they beat by 60....i didnt say he scored all of his points in the 2nd half becuase i doubt he even played a lot then but its just the idea of seeing a star score that much in a win like that.  i ddint mean to start a big arguement aobut it, jsut a personally feelign ive always had i guess
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:24 am

baseball wrote:i will agree if its an easy 2 take it, its jsut one of my biggest pet peeves when a teams star player goes out and scores a career high against a team they beat by 60....i didnt say he scored all of his points in the 2nd half becuase i doubt he even played a lot then but its just the idea of seeing a star score that much in a win like that.  i ddint mean to start a big arguement aobut it, jsut a personally feelign ive always had i guess

Baseball, I agree with you, I have no patience for that, I hate when a coach will leave a player in to get his points!  I also hate when a team sets up a guy to sand bag to get a dunk.  There is no room for that type of play! 

Last edited by Indians Alumni on Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndsportsfan98 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:30 am

Four Winds 106, Maddock 51
M 18 32 38 51
FW 26 43 79 106
M: Backstrom 3, Burgrud 12, Backstrom 4, Lunde 19, Wack 4, Griffin 2, Buehler 7, Sears 2.
FW: T. Ironheart 35, Herman 17, I. Lovejoy 18, Littleghost 9, Littlewind 5, Alberts 7, C. Ironheart 9, Lawrence 4, Demarce 4, Lovejoy 2.
By looking at the boxscore, it was the 3rd quarter that made the difference.  FW up only by 11 at halftime meant most of those starters played the majority of the 36-6 3rd quarter they outscored Maddock by.  I've got no problem with teams scoring 106 points, as long as its the right way. (not fastbreaking and casting 3's with their starters in.) Their is another topic on the girls side of Steele-Dawson winning their game 95-8 over Wing.  Same story, take the starters out, and if that 2nd group is better then the team your playing, what can you do?

ndsportsfan98
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pacod » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:32 am

ndsportsfan98 wrote:Four Winds 106, Maddock 51
M 18 32 38 51
FW 26 43 79 106
M: Backstrom 3, Burgrud 12, Backstrom 4, Lunde 19, Wack 4, Griffin 2, Buehler 7, Sears 2.
FW: T. Ironheart 35, Herman 17, I. Lovejoy 18, Littleghost 9, Littlewind 5, Alberts 7, C. Ironheart 9, Lawrence 4, Demarce 4, Lovejoy 2.
By looking at the boxscore, it was the 3rd quarter that made the difference.  FW up only by 11 at halftime meant most of those starters played the majority of the 36-6 3rd quarter they outscored Maddock by.  I've got no problem with teams scoring 106 points, as long as its the right way. (not fastbreaking and casting 3's with their starters in.) Their is another topic on the girls side of Steele-Dawson winning their game 95-8 over Wing.  Same story, take the starters out, and if that 2nd group is better then the team your playing, what can you do?

I didn't know there was a right way to score 106 points.
pacod

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:34 am

M 18 32 38 51
FW 26 43 79 106

I agree on both statements.
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:51 am

Indians Alumni wrote:
M 18 32 38 51
FW 26 43 79 106

I agree on both statements.

You know if a group of HS boys is not going to spend the offseason preparing themselves for the season and they end up getting blown out, then I have no sympathy for them.  Same thing goes for our FB team.  If the FW boys spend 5,6,7 days a week in the offseason playin BBall, then let reap the fruits of their labor.  They deserve it. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby NBE2007 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:54 am

North Border won by 59 over Cavalier 107-48 but knowing that Cavalier isn't a quality team...107 points is still impressive
NBE2007

Postby Indians Alumni » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:13 am

NBE2007 wrote:North Border won by 59 over Cavalier 107-48 but knowing that Cavalier isn't a quality team...107 points is still impressive

That is pretty impressive, it isn't that easy to put up numbers over the century mark!
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fruit snack » Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:32 am

giving up 51 points to maddock is not impressive
fruit snack

Postby Stromer » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:16 pm

fruit snack wrote:giving up 51 points to maddock is not impressive

But WC giving up 49 to maddock is!?  :D :?
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sodadrinker » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:23 pm

Stromer wrote:
fruit snack wrote:giving up 51 points to maddock is not impressive

But WC giving up 49 to maddock is!?  :D :?

i knew that would come back to get fruit snack
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby fruit snack » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:09 pm

i never mentioned anything about wells county in this topic...so where did u get that from, go strome for other things to make up
fruit snack

PreviousNext

Return to Boys