Region 7

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby feeshattack » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:43 pm

what are everyones thoughts on the matchup this week

Beaulah @ Trinity and R-T @ Kildeer on tuesday........ Trinity @ Kildeer on thursday

this week is definetly going to shake up the polls and will be some very good games to watch
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:44 pm

Trinity over Beulah
Killdeer over RT
Killdeer over Trinity
project-pat

Postby Bearsfan » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:59 am

Killdeer is going to need Beulah to lose to Trinity. This should be a good game, with it being at Trinity it may give them a little advantage.  I will have to say after Beulah's last week, beating Center, Linton and Killdeer that they may be playing pretty good together.  I think after that last week, I will pick Beulah(but I also picked the Bears in the Super Bowl!).

RT is scarey, they are pretty physical and that may be the downfall of Killdeer and the Trinity game at Killdeer, I would take Trinity.  The thing about Killdeer is that they have just 2 guys that you have to slow down and the coaches at Trinity will figure a way to do that.
Bearsfan

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:41 pm

R-T is like a mid major team, they surprise you at times, but they more than likely wont get very far come tourney time.
project-pat

Postby letsgosox » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:19 pm

ScaTMaN wrote:
Ping Pong wrote:i have not seen beulah yet, so i cant predict on them. i think R-T and THS are going to beat Killdeer. dont get me wrong Killdeer is good and they will have to be close wins, but i just have a feeling. Also, scatman, for R-T to even get out of districts, Beulah, THS, Killdeer, or Hazen would not even bee at regionals, since they are all in the same district. that is amazing to me. 5 possibly state-worthy teams all in one district.

i know. for all those teams to be such a great threat is just amazing. i think R-T is gonna pull off a win over killdeer if they play them in districts. and i havent seen all the top rated teams play like lisbon and whatnot, but i think that any region 7 team could take down lisbon.

killdeer was up 19-0 over R-T after the 1st quarter
letsgosox

Postby blaze88 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:53 pm

trinity beat beulah by 20 points, i think it was 54 to 34.
blaze88

Postby letsgosox » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:55 pm

killdeer won over R-T by 10 or so....should be a good game thursday night:Killdeer vs Trinity in killdeer
letsgosox

Postby project-pat » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:49 pm

project-pat wrote:Trinity over Beulah
Killdeer over RT
Killdeer over Trinity

I'm 2 for 2 on my picks so far, let's see if i can bat a perfect 3 for 3. Killdeer will win this matchup, and also beat them in the regional championship. im calling it.
Last edited by project-pat on Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby letsgosox » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:03 am

ScaTMaN wrote:killdeer WILL NOT go to state. i would pick hazen, beulah, trinity, and R-T to go to state before picking killdeer

May I ask why?
letsgosox

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:04 am

Stopping them is easier said then done. Trinity sure didn't stop them in the roughrider championship.
Last edited by project-pat on Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby cdub1 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:25 am

killdeer has arguably 2 of the best 8 players in all of class b its hard to even stop one

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 07, 2007 12:54 pm

Exactly, It's not easy to stop a 6'7" perimeter player, even harder to do it with jacob wheeling on his side.
project-pat

Postby letsgosox » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:17 pm

Ping Pong wrote:Killdeer only has 2 players. stop them botha nd they have nothing that is why. all the other teams are more complete. ever sice killdeer lost biffert right letsgosox?

killdeer lost ALL BUT ONE of their role players last year, not just biffert. and quintus was more of a loss than biffert anyway, biffert was a walking turnover machine. Wagner and all the others are still learning their roles and are improving every game, by the end of the season they will have the experience they have lacked up until this point in the year. 
letsgosox

Postby project-pat » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:21 pm

exactly, you are only able to stop one of them, and im pretty sure dufault will have over 10 against rising.
project-pat

Postby letsgosox » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:14 pm

do you want to make a friendly wager on that?? dufault will get 10 just off garbage points
letsgosox

Postby NDSUbison! » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:54 am

Ill wager you....send me a message ill be at the game. Killdeer is tough but trinity is rollin right now....coming off some key victories its definatly gonna be a good one but i got trinity by 8....but seriously im up for that wager....and biffert was garbage! Dufault will drop around 15 or less but rising will do a fine job d'ing up. O ya let me say.....trinity recruits! Thats why They win!...wow haha
NDSUbison!

Postby letsgosox » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:15 am

NDSUbison! wrote:Ill wager you....send me a message ill be at the game. Killdeer is tough but trinity is rollin right now....coming off some key victories its definatly gonna be a good one but i got trinity by 8....but seriously im up for that wager....and biffert was garbage! Dufault will drop around 15 or less but rising will do a fine job d'ing up. O ya let me say.....trinity recruits! Thats why They win!...wow haha

i'm not really sure if your being sarcastic on any of your comments, epecially they trinity recruiting one and the biffert one. if you are, i have always been one to say that they dont recruit. ill be at the game too.
letsgosox

Postby project-pat » Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:57 pm

killdeer by 7, changing my pick. dufault with get 21 on rising.
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:23 pm

project-pat wrote:Trinity over Beulah
Killdeer over RT
Killdeer over Trinity

yeah if im not mistaken i think i picked all 3 of these games right, i should be the region 7 Schwab
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:18 pm

yeah i know this. I turned on the game as soon as the Bowman-Scranton buzzer went off.
project-pat

Postby letsgosox » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:48 pm

haha not really, titans played very well against him and he had about as off of a night as he has ever had. he came through with some big buckets down the stretch though. he is the reason that the cowboys pulled out the W.  well him and the minot refs. wohoo for non dickinson refs at a trinity game for once!
letsgosox

Postby letsgosox » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:49 am

Ping Pong wrote:
letsgosox wrote:haha not really, titans played very well against him and he had about as off of a night as he has ever had. he came through with some big buckets down the stretch though. he is the reason that the cowboys pulled out the W.  well him and the minot refs. wohoo for non dickinson refs at a trinity game for once!

ya he was pretty cold but seemed to play better as the game progressed late. so are you saying the refs favored killdeer or just not from dix because they called it very tight one way.

Trinity just didn't get the calls that they are used to getting. With Dickinson refs, as much as people hate to admit it, the refs are biased. And who can blame them? Hometown kids, they see them on a regular basis, and ref all their games. They are going to ref the games different then a neutral ref would. Last night, Killdeer got a crew from the minot area, and they were neutral refs. Alot of calls that Killdeer got last night, they wouldn't have gotten with an area refing crew
letsgosox

Postby ND-SportsFan » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:00 am

Well it don't matter where the refs come from in the state. They are going to be against THS usually!! You need to pull refs from Florida if you want to have neutral refs!! No matter where you go in the state THS is hated due to their great success in athletics!  Their are refs in Dickinson that are against THS!! Some ppl don't realize that If ur from THS in your own town you are not liked from most ppl in your home town. With the success the Titans have year in and year out people are getting jealous and want to take away their success!  But hey, they almost beat killdeers basketball team and the three refs in the same game!
ND-SportsFan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby scruffy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:48 am

Why does the losing team always complain about officiating....Stop committing the unforced turnovers and foolish fouls and start hitting some free-throws and control the boards and most of the time you win  the close games...... 
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby feeshattack » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:38 pm

Last edited by feeshattack on Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys