Region 7

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby scruffy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:47 pm

PingPong  overcoming things like that is what makes good teams great.  It still was close enough where the little things could have pulled it out for you. Little things like no unforced turnovers or hitting freethrows....
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby scruffy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:44 pm

Ping Pong, you should become an attorney!!  Go Titans!...
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flyer » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:47 pm

Just because his hands were up in the air doesn't mean its not a foul..Any contact is a foul, yes it is sometimes weak but a foul is a foul whether you use your hands or your body..
Flyer

Postby feeshattack » Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:49 pm

lots of controversy of this game.... will be a good one to watch when they pair up in districts and regionals

Last edited by feeshattack on Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby letsgosox » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:46 am

Ping Pong wrote:scruffy im guessing you were not at the game. and for that 10 second call, i watched the game tape to day and timed it 3 different times at 7.5 seconds every time. biased? idk but not good at all. THS had 27 fouls, while killdeer had 15. 4 of those being at the end of teh game to stop the clock. thats a  big difference if you ask me or anyone else.

the counting that the referees use is an inexact science, they don't have a stop watch, they count in their head. Can you count exactly to ten in your head and not come up 1.8 seconds short or too long?? Who cares, quit whining. You say how teams complain about trinity winning and trinity getting calls. When Trinity actually comes up on the short end, everyone in red complains. Hypocrits 
letsgosox

Postby letsgosox » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:46 am

Ping Pong wrote:scruffy im guessing you were not at the game. and for that 10 second call, i watched the game tape to day and timed it 3 different times at 7.5 seconds every time. biased? idk but not good at all. THS had 27 fouls, while killdeer had 15. 4 of those being at the end of teh game to stop the clock. thats a  big difference if you ask me or anyone else.

the counting that the referees use is an inexact science, they don't have a stop watch, they count in their head. Can you count exactly to ten in your head and not come up 1.8 seconds short or too long?? Who cares, quit whining. You say how teams complain about trinity winning and trinity getting calls. When Trinity actually comes up on the short end, everyone in red complains. Hypocrits 
letsgosox

Postby NDSUbison! » Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:42 am

All im gonna say is: Any other gym in the state i have trinity by 10+
NDSUbison!

Postby scruffy » Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:34 am

ndsubisonfan..Killdeer beat Trinity by 12 last time on the Titans home court!!  It comes down to turnovers, freethrows and maybe a key stop or two defensively down the stretch....
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:29 pm

excellent point scruffy. A good basketball team doesn't use the gym as an excuse. And I'm sure the players are not using that. They played very well, but collapsed at the end, and let killdeer back into the game. Hopefully there is a rubber match in the regional championship.
Last edited by project-pat on Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby letsgosox » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:50 pm

trinity was up by 9 in the 4th quarter, and one bad 10 second call lost the game for them??
letsgosox

Postby letsgosox » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:08 pm

Ping Pong wrote:
letsgosox wrote:trinity was up by 9 in the 4th quarter, and one bad 10 second call lost the game for them??

no 1 bad 10 second call and like 10 other very weak onesided fouls. but dont woory, it doesnt matter who officiates the next matchup of these two teams, there will be a different outcome.

Weak fouls?? So the refs are suppose to let keithley and selinger body up and ride the ball handlers up the floor? Quit whining about the game already, everyone is sick of it.
letsgosox

Postby scruffy » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:51 am

I love that attitude Pingpong.  With a break or two and an attitude like that we might make it eight out of nine years!!  Go get em!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys