Class B Senior player of the year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby ndfan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:44 pm

Who are gonna be the senior player of the years out of each region this year and who will be named class B senior player of the year?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Rebel » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:57 am

There are so many good seniors out there this year it will be interesting to see who wins.

Think of this, in region seven alone you have

1.  Jaden Voth 2.  Payton Tivis  3.  Jeff Smith  4.  Derek Pauley

IN that region alone you have two all state kids from last year, and all four are all state caliber.  4 players with AT LEAST 1000 career points.  I think that Jeff and Payton are probably close to 2000, Jaden is probably right up there.

I think region three Ross Florhaug from PBK will win there.

Tom Bachmier from Shilo in region 5

Calvin Kraft in Central Cass's region????  Not as familiar with the eastern half of the state.
North Dakota Preps Hall of Fame Inductee
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby Irisheyes » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:54 am

Curious if any of these players were nominated fo McDonalds All-America team or game.  I remember that Kirby Johnson from Botno and Mertons from D.L. were.  Sounds like the kid from Bowman is Legit.  Hope they make it to state so we get to see them.  Man, alot of great records in Class B this year.  Going to be Good.
Irisheyes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Rebel » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:59 am

Payton Tivis from Bowman was nominated for the Mcdonalds Game.  Heard that on a Dickinson Radio Station yesterday.
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby lefty » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:03 am

do you guys think these players really belong in the mcdonald's game? i dont know.
lefty
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Rebel » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:07 am

Just because you are nominated does not mean you get to play in it.  I heard that there were over 1000 players nominated from all 50 states.   No one from ND will actually make it to the game, but it is nice they are recognized.
Rebel
NDPreps Starter

Postby 1337 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:11 am

I too would be surprised if any of them make the team, but it is nice that they are nominted indeed!
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:14 am

It seems like the one's who actually play are those that go to the corporate sponsered camps every year, like Nike puts on.   So they can get them to wear Nike's at an early age.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Irisheyes » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:40 am

Didn't Jeff Boshee play in the McDonalds all star game?  He was also on that Nike tour for the summer, right?  That is a very good point about Nike and early presentation of the shoes/clothing.
Irisheyes
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 1337 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:59 am

Yep, Boschee did indeed play in the McDonald's All American game!
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballis#1 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:44 pm

All four of those players are great but you have to give Tivis the edge.Right?
bballis#1
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rainmaker » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:02 pm

Yes, I agree, Tivis definitely has the edge.  They are all great players, but you have to look at how each individual's team is doing, and Tivis' is undefeated.  Individual stats are great, but in the end, a trip to state, and a state championship are what count, and what people will remember down the road.  Any one of them can average over 30 a game, but getting your team involved and winning is what stands out with Tivis. 
rainmaker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby West Dakota » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:12 pm

I was wondering how that worked, do they take the best player in the region? Or do they take the best player from the championship team?

West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rainmaker » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:21 am

NO QUESTION about it....Tivis has the EDGE!!
rainmaker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rainmaker » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:23 am

Yeah, I heard on the radio the other day that Tivis definitely got picked for the McDonald's team.
rainmaker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sarge01 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:31 am

There is AMAZING talent in that region right now...probably the best in MANY years...but looking at consistency and just all-around players...Tivis has my vote...he has the edge.
sarge01
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ND_SportsNut » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:52 am

rainmaker wrote:Yeah, I heard on the radio the other day that Tivis definitely got picked for the McDonald's team.

Dont get being a nominee mixed up with making the team. Yes he's a nominee but the teams havent been selected yet. I highly doubt any North Dakotans make it.
ND_SportsNut

Postby West Dakota » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:25 pm

If you look at it as a team thing then yes Tivis would have to be the man.

But if you were going to look at the player that brings the most basketball talent to the table, then Voth would have to be your man.

Tivis's teams have never beaten Voth's ever since they were little kids, Jaden has always out played him. And no one has been able to stop him and his team during those state 3 on 3 tournys either  west or east. The last time I watched someone with this much raw talent it was Denver Tenbroek "he was awesome" and still the best ND kid I ever saw play the game. There was a reason folks from Stanford and other big schools came to watch him in that little McIntosh gym. And he was a second team Mcdonalds all american. Heck I remember when MSN television gave him the award for the best high school athelete "all sports"  in the midwest MN,Wis,IA,SD and ND. Kirby pucket gave him the award on tv, that was a great moment for a kid from this area! He's been tearing it up over seas right now also scoring up to 45 points and you NEVER here anything about him on the news and he grew up 80 miles from Bismarck! If any of you want to keep track of Denver you can start here. He's in the euro leugue now but was in Australia last summer where he was an MVP canidate. Just do a google search on him, I sure hope he gets a chance back here in the states!!

http://www.eurobasket.com/player.asp?Cntry=FIN&PlayerID=39398
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:44 pm

Here's another story on Denver T.  Denver Tenbroek.

It would be interesting to get some of perspectives of others around the state on local players.  The Bismarck tribune does a list of top area scorers, anybody else know who's lighting it up.   How about some more info. on P-B-K, that's a team I'd like to know more about.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby West Dakota » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:55 pm

Thanks for that article on Denver! Hey whats Boschee doing  now days??;)

I hope he gets a chance to play ball back here in the states someday, he sure is paying his dues!
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rainmaker » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:26 pm

I meant that he was picked as one of the 1000 kids out of the country.  I am well aware of the fact that he is not a member of the actual "team." 
rainmaker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rainmaker » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:29 pm

Goatboy...you need to get your facts straight....Voth has not beaten Tivis and his teams every time.....I am well aware of the trophy case that Tivis has and there are a multitude of first places....Goes for Smith as well, they have been playing against each other since fourth grade and it is the same there as well.  You know, I was so excited when I found this website because sports fans could all chat about things in common....but I am starting to see this as a negative site.  We have to remember that these are just high school kids.  Why do we all, (including myself) feel the need to pit the kids all against each other and make it such a huge competition.? I know for a fact that all of the kids get along great and respect each other's talents.  They are all EQUALLY as talented players who deserve equal respect as each have their own talents and things they excel at, even if it is different than the next guys.  I feel there are lots of teams and players that are of equal caliber in the state....do i think there is just one #1 team??  Heck no, tonight's loss to trinity shows how equal they all are.....as well as many other teams in the region/state.  The true #1 team will be determined March 18th at the Bismarck Civic Center. 
rainmaker
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:52 pm

[user=175]rainmaker[/user] wrote:
You know, I was so excited when I found this website because sports fans could all chat about things in common....but I am starting to see this as a negative site.

Ouch!

All this hard work for nothing?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby you know » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:34 am

[font=Times New Roman]To tell you the truth I think that those players do belong in the McDonalds game? They all work really hard to be where they are at right now and they all have a wonderful game. I enjoy watching them play. The all awesome players and great sports on everything the Keep there Heads High when things go bad and I don’t'  know a lot of players that do that Especially Tivis he is a wonderful player and he takes things well he deserves the Senior of the year Award. Do you think that I’m wrong?[/font]
you know
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:38 am

Yes, it's very difficult for someone from North Dakota to gain one of the McDonald's spot's they usually go to kids destined for Duke, UNC, Etc.  We have lots of great seniors this year in ND, hopefully we get to see them at their best in the upcoming tournaments.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys