1-29-07 Polls

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Indians Alumni » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:25 am

Whole reason I left.  $19.5K a year, was starting, no spank you.

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby thesports_guy32 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:52 am

okay...... back to the poll... so i'm wondering about steele-dawson, besides bakkum who do they have that can provide some offense?
thesports_guy32

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:28 pm

Try to stick to the topic being discussed, take it up in the pm's if you must argue.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:14 pm

thesports_guy32 wrote:okay...... back to the poll... so i'm wondering about steele-dawson, besides bakkum who do they have that can provide some offense?

Adam Randall, good for about 15 a night,  Tony Larson around 10, Nick Lang & Braden Martin 5 or 6, Jason and Jake Stroh come off the bench score a few and Jon Lang maybe another 5-7 points.  throw that with Bakkum's 23 its not a bad team
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby NBE2007 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:27 pm

Adam Randall who is a freshman also provides the extra offense
NBE2007

Postby P-town Brave » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:03 am

Parshall is the best team all around and dont count them out just yet the polls aint nothing cause when they made it to state last year they wasnt rated.
P-town Brave
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:10 am

With Linton already losing to Beulah, and either Killdeer or Beulah losing tonight, how does that shake up the polls for next week?
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bbjay » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:29 am

If Beulah loses, they should drop out of the polls
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pacod » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:30 am

Linton will drop out of the polls also
pacod

Postby pacod » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:34 am

SCC wrote:
baller01 wrote:With Linton already losing to Beulah, and either Killdeer or Beulah losing tonight, how does that shake up the polls for next week?

I don't think any of those three teams will drop out of the top 10 this week.

If a 3-loss team stays in the polls, that just proves that its not about whos the better team but whos the favorite team
pacod

Postby scruffy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:07 am

P-town Brave wrote:Parshall is the best team all around and dont count them out just yet the polls aint nothing cause when they made it to state last year they wasnt rated.

That's great grammar....
Last edited by scruffy on Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:21 am

scruffy wrote:
P-town Brave wrote:Parshall is the best team all around and dont count them out just yet the polls aint nothing cause when they made it to state last year they wasnt rated.

Thats great grammar....

I don't know if you should be talking about his grammar when it is spelled that's not thats....just throwing that out there I guess
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bbjay » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:43 am

Nice, he went back in and changed it after you corrected him. Ha
75% of the time..it works every time.
bbjay
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:49 am

You have to admit I'm pretty sharp.  It didn't even take me all day!!!!
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby pacod » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:54 am

SCC wrote:
pacod wrote:
SCC wrote:
baller01 wrote:With Linton already losing to Beulah, and either Killdeer or Beulah losing tonight, how does that shake up the polls for next week?

If a 3-loss team stays in the polls, that just proves that its not about whos the better team but whos the favorite team

quality of competition -- two ranked opponents and one's gotta lose

if Linton would have lost to a non-ranked Beulah, it'd be a different story
So if a team was ranked top ten in the state and they get beat by every team thats ranked above or below them in the top ten, they're still going to be in the polls because they were already ranked. I don't get the point your trying to prove. If they're ranked top ten in the state it's because they're supposed to be good right? Well a top ten team doesn't lose 3 games.
Last edited by pacod on Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
pacod

Postby pacod » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:02 am

We'll see next polls if they're ranked or not.
pacod

Postby pacod » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:03 am

SCC wrote:
pacod wrote:
SCC wrote:
pacod wrote:
SCC wrote:

So if a team was ranked top ten in the state and they get beat by every team thats ranked above or below them in the top ten, they're still going to be in the polls because they were already ranked. I don't get the point your trying to prove. If they're ranked top ten in the state it's because they're supposed to be good right? Well a top ten team doesn't lose 3 games.

Not every team, obviously.  Take a look at the class A poll, and you will see that losses don't directly affect ranking.

Class A has less teams, its kind of hard to compare class A to B.
pacod

Postby Flyer » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:09 am

Not that Parshall is not a good team that will be playing for a regional championship but Mr. P-town Brave your Braves were a better all around team last year by far. And I am not sure they have it as a team right now..My opinion
Last edited by Flyer on Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flyer

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:40 pm

How many games did Bowman lose last year....does that mean they werent a top ten team?  its said every year, but last year the state championship in the regional game between bowman and trinity
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:11 pm

pacod wrote:
SCC wrote:
pacod wrote:
SCC wrote:

If Beulah loses to Killdeer they will be a 3 loss team with there losses coming to #3 Hazen, #6 Watford City, and #2 Killdeer. They have lost to 3 tough teams. They deserve to be in the top 10. Linton has lost 2 games with there two losses coming to #3 Hazen and #7 Beulah. If Killdeer would lose to Beulah then Killdeer would have two losses with them coming to #3 Hazen and #7 Beulah. These teams have been losing to state ranked teams. If they were losing to lower teams it would be different but since they are losing to really tough competition, I don't see why that doesn't mean they aren't good.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:19 pm

there are alot of teams that have only lost to ranked teams that could be ranked themselves but they arent from region 7 so people think they arent as good
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby windex » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:26 pm

[font=Arial]Interesting quote from news before Thursday nights games....[/font]

[font=Arial]The Cowboys are 1-1 in District 14, which also includes No. 3 Hazen, No. 7 Beulah, No. 9 Dickinson Trinity and Richardton-Taylor. Hazen, Beulah and Trinity all are 2-1 and Richardton-Taylor is 1-1. Each of the five teams has at least 10 wins overall and are a combined 57-9. They've beaten each other seven times.[/font]

[font=Arial]The thing is only one will come out and we may never be able to show the State how good the District is unless blow outs at State....[/font]

[font=Arial][/font]

windex
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsperson » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:33 pm

Did you just call the star-dominated Parshall Braves with almost zero balance on offense, little depth, and no desire to play defense the best all-around team in the state?  Because that's cool if you did I guess.

They're a good team but definitely not the best "all-around" team in the state. Not even close.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:00 pm

I do believe Region 2 is pressing the polls.  Park River 10th who knows why but they deserve it for now.  North Border votes Midway Minto votes Mpg votes and Grafton should be listed.  As far as Mr Know it all from FW'S polls can be determined by who you play look at MPGG they are 8-4 and getting votes. I have one question for you besides Wells county in which you trailed the whole game....who have you played???? Your record is great but its against Who????
toughregion2

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:07 pm

standing rock...there only loss agaisnt the only elite team they played.  WC is above average but not in the elite group.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys