best class B dunker

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:16 am

Throwing the ball through with authority is more intimidating than anything.  Remember the Shawn Kemp days when he would throw the ball through the hoop without breaking away the rim.  I remember Erik Engstrom from Leeds used to hammer it thought without breaking the rim away!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby West Dakota » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:24 am

One of you guys mentioned Peabody before, talk about a man among boys.Anyone that can win the state shot putt and then walk over and win the high jump is one heck of an athlete! This was the finish of a 360 dunk at warm ups of the Lions all star game. There are a couple more dunk photos of that game on there as well, the civic center has great lighting for photos. I was really impressed by how well Tom Bachmeier from Shiloh could get up. I screwed up the focus as I was swinging from A to B's dunks on each end but I left it in anyways.

http://www.shutterfly.com/progal/slideshow.jsp?auto=0&aid=768a5498cf46134b801b&idx=13
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:04 am

West Dakota wrote:One of you guys mentioned Peabody before, talk about a man among boys.Anyone that can win the state shot putt and then walk over and win the high jump is one heck of an athlete! This was the finish of a 360 dunk at warm ups of the Lions all star game. There are a couple more dunk photos of that game on there as well, the civic center has great lighting for photos. I was really impressed by how well Tom Bachmeier from Shiloh could get up. I screwed up the focus as I was swinging from A to B's dunks on each end but I left it in anyways.

http://www.shutterfly.com/progal/slideshow.jsp?auto=0&aid=768a5498cf46134b801b&idx=13

Very Nice Pics!:clap:
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Claz B Fan » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:30 am

WHEN A DUNK IS  WORTH 3 POINTS ILL START DOING THEM :D
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:17 am

Claz B Fan wrote:WHEN A DUNK IS  WORTH 3 POINTS ILL START DOING THEM :D

i agree:)
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:41 am

I would have to agree to some extent.  i would rather the kids shoot the lights out from behind the arc, but there is something about a kid hammering one home that gives the team an edge. 
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:19 am

Indians Alumni wrote:Throwing the ball through with authority is more intimidating than anything.  Remember the Shawn Kemp days when he would throw the ball through the hoop without breaking away the rim.  I remember Erik Engstrom from Leeds used to hammer it thought without breaking the rim away!

being the best dunker and my favorite player of all time, just since u mentioned shawn kemp u deserve some IQ :D
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:31 am

I agree, he is a great dunker, I loved when he would throw it down, without touching the rim sometimes.  That dude had some hops!
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby thesports_guy32 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:36 am

here are some past dunkers that impressed me... tyler moe of park river, blake trenbeth of cavalier, matt anderson of cavalier, and zak winkler of north border.
thesports_guy32

Postby baseball » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:59 am

then he put on 250 lbs haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:24 am

baseball wrote:then he put on 250 lbs haha

ok enough about the living legend we wanted to end on a good note but if we are gonna talk about past dunkers i would say that aaron ankrum (dont know how to spell it) from oak grove was one of the best dunkers. i think he had 25 to 30 dunks on the year when he was a senior
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby feeshattack » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:34 pm

i agree with scatman, i would sure hop that you can dunk it when ur 6'7".... and from the games that i have watch or seen on the news he cant even dunk that well... now jaden voth has crazy hops
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby West Dakota » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:55 am

feeshattack wrote:i agree with scatman, i would sure hop that you can dunk it when ur 6'7".... and from the games that i have watch or seen on the news he cant even dunk that well... now jaden voth has crazy hops

Yes he did, didn't he!

In the regional 3-4 place game he had back to backs one hander and two hander in about 45 seconds.

Sorry these are from my instamatic, ran out of battery on the good one! But you get the idea of what a 44" vertical can help you do when your 5' 10.

West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby feeshattack » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:51 pm

now those are some sweet pics
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond all measure."
feeshattack
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby coca cola » Tue Jan 30, 2007 2:09 pm

[font=georgia]those pictures look like me back in the day[/font]
coca cola
NDPreps Reserve

Postby footballfan36 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:25 am

I play class B basketball and basically nobody can dunk that ive heard of or seen.
footballfan36
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Ping Pong » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:18 am

jaden voth is the only one and hes gone now.
Ping Pong

Postby West Dakota » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:37 pm

Becker for Beulah can dunk darn easy if given a chance, here he is putting one down in a game as a Junior at the WDA.

http://www.shutterfly.com/progal/slideshow.jsp?auto=0&aid=768a5498cf477960efe3
Last edited by West Dakota on Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:41 pm

woah woah woah west dakota, let me get this straight....we're talking about class B dunking and you put pics of someone else other than jaden voth, was it a mistake or something? haha jk
project-pat

Postby West Dakota » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:32 pm

I here ya PP! I wish I had that ali oop to Pauly from regionals last year but I was standing in line to get in and missed it!

Sorry:D

I haven't gotten to see any yet this year, guess a guy was spoiled before. Was at the Mandan game tonight and that Mauer kid missed a two hander. I posted the pics in the Class A dunk thread.

Take care
Last edited by West Dakota on Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
West Dakota
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:41 pm

haha, i think the oop your talking about was in districts against hettinger. yeah me and my buddy were in the hettinger section standing up the whole game making the hettinger fans mad. The oop had perfect timing, right when hettinger started chanting BORING BORING.
project-pat

Postby basketballman » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:08 am

devin barton can throw it down with the best of em
basketballman

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:36 am

Ping Pong wrote:jaden voth is the only one and hes gone now.

whoa ping pong i wouldn't say jaden voth is the only one who could dunk.  he has got some crazy hops yes, but theres more then just him that can dunk.  Mike smith of north border put down his first dunk in 8th grade, he hasn't got any off yet this year but he's only a sophomore and will get better.  tyler moe from pr was the most impressive i can remember because not only could get he high on the rim but he would also jump farther away then right under the hoop on his slams.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rumbles » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:08 pm

basketballman wrote:devin barton can throw it down with the best of em
I've seen him windmill before dude has hops
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 1_Chevy_1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:40 pm

rumbles wrote:
basketballman wrote:devin barton can throw it down with the best of em
I've seen him windmill before dude has hops

even though he is a freshmen he still has mad game!! him and Tanner Hewitt(TUNA)
1_Chevy_1
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys