Lions All Stars

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby 3s & Dunks » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:27 am

berry186 wrote:
feeshattack wrote:i think class B will have a very quick team and very good shooting team, with ironheart, bakkum, kuntz, wheeling, packineau, sizer..... but i dont think becker or lorenz will make it, they are both very overrated  IMO.... but i do agree with all of you saying that Class A will sweep, just to much talent and size for them
Lorenz should make it, the over rated is sizer no size, quits when doesnt get the ball

Yes Lorenz is a LOCK, and he should be,I agree about Sizer being over rated, I wonder if he is still getting alot of points in the 4th quarter when the better teams are up big and pull the starters, like he did last year???  But cuz of his big #s he will be put on the roster like Fettig was last year.
3s & Dunks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndbbfan » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:41 am

3s & Dunks wrote:
berry186 wrote:
feeshattack wrote:i think class B will have a very quick team and very good shooting team, with ironheart, bakkum, kuntz, wheeling, packineau, sizer..... but i dont think becker or lorenz will make it, they are both very overrated  IMO.... but i do agree with all of you saying that Class A will sweep, just to much talent and size for them
Lorenz should make it, the over rated is sizer no size, quits when doesnt get the ball

Yes Lorenz is a LOCK, and he should be,I agree about Sizer being over rated, I wonder if he is still getting alot of points in the 4th quarter when the better teams are up big and pull the starters, like he did last year???  But cuz of his big #s he will be put on the roster like Fettig was last year.

Sizer overrated - NOT!!! This kid is working hard in the post every single game, always has two or three guys on him at all times, and is a monster on the boards.  There are no easy points when you are defended like he is every game.  He will make Lions, as well as Lorenz and Bakkum.
ndbbfan

Postby baseball » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:23 am

ndbbfan wrote:
3s & Dunks wrote:
berry186 wrote:

Sizer overrated - NOT!!! This kid is working hard in the post every single game, always has two or three guys on him at all times, and is a monster on the boards.  There are no easy points when you are defended like he is every game.  He will make Lions, as well as Lorenz and Bakkum.

Sizer is exactly like Fettig....he will get on the team just because he puts up numbers but in the game everyone will see he was as good as the numbers say.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsbest44 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:12 pm

baseball wrote:
ndbbfan wrote:
3s & Dunks wrote:
berry186 wrote:

Sizer is exactly like Fettig....he will get on the team just because he puts up numbers but in the game everyone will see he was as good as the numbers say.

I think Sizer is better than most people on here give him credit for
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:12 pm

Ya i guess....i can agree that Luke Lorenz is overrated....i mean a guy who is all district as a sophomore and junior, all state tournament team as a sophomore and junior...M.V.P of the State tournament as a junior, scored his 1000 point as a junior, even though he doesnt look to score first, one of the best defensive players EVER, he will be the region 2 senior player of the year, should be one of the top three for the state player of the year, should be a finalist for Mr. Basketball and in a wide open region could make it back to state....but according to you guys doesnt deserve to wear a lions allstar jersey.....I would like to see you guys name 12 players in the state that are BETTER than Luke Lorenz to keep him off of the team...GOOD LUCK
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:26 pm

ndsbest44 wrote:
baseball wrote:
ndbbfan wrote:
3s & Dunks wrote:
berry186 wrote:

I think Sizer is better than most people on here give him credit for

how come?
rep

Postby baseball » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:41 pm

cuz he can put up 12 of his 23 when the game is already out of reach and the subs are in
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsbest44 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:56 pm

baseball wrote:cuz he can put up 12 of his 23 when the game is already out of reach and the subs are in
It's not like im trying to say he's the best player in the state, it just seems that most people on this site might be jealous of success, looking at BCN's games on ndhsaa they've only been blown out twice so that wouldn't leave alot of room to put up numbers on the subs
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:28 pm

well in the only two games i saw him play he scored 13 and 12....and in the second half when the games were on the line he didnt step up
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubisonfan » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:29 pm

I've seen Lorenz play twice. Is he just a straight hustle guy, or does he actually have decent athleticism towards the game? I don't know enough about him to make a stereotype, but what's he like in other sports like football and track?
ndsubisonfan

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:31 pm

IMO your opinion on lorenz NOT making the lions team is... how can i put this lightly.. RIDICULOUS.  I will also assist "baseball" in his petition to cancell the game for the rest of time if he is left off the team.  what you're suggesting about lorenz is makes as much sense as playing in a basketball game with NO basketball.  IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassBballa » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:35 am

Lorenz will make it. He will not be the best player with the most athleticism but he is still a pretty good player and will shut down a player from the other team.
We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. I just can't figure out where else to play!

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.
ClassBballa
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pacod » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:46 am

Lorenz is going to make it to the Lions all star game, without any doubt. But personally, I don't see him as an all star on his team. He's a team player that knows the game of basketball. He has great defense and is a non-stop player. Is he the fuel to fire? You bet. Does he have the ball handling skills and scoring abilities that the top class B players have? No i don't think so. He's a unique player.
pacod

Postby ndbbfan » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:00 am

baseball wrote:cuz he can put up 12 of his 23 when the game is already out of reach and the subs are in

that is a ridiculous statement, baseball. 
ndbbfan

Postby The Schwab » Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:27 am

If you guys can give me some guys in class B that can match the basketball resume that Lorenz has then i will shut up about this
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:20 am

What kind of numbers does sizer put up in the fourth quarter?  Does he score much or is he a guy who gets all his points in the first three and fades away in the fourth.  Luke Lorenz, when i've seen him play in tight games, does more damage offensively in the fourth quarter when the game is on the line  then during the course of the game when there is less pressure.  His defense has usually taken the other teams best player out of their element by halftime that they aren't able to get anything going.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ace » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:38 am

You gotta wonder who will play in the shrine game to.... correct me if im wrong i think that Darling has been picked for that and there could be a few others so i wonder what they will be picking since u can only play in one of them....
ace
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bearsfan » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:10 am

I have a name that may come as a surprise to everyone...... I know how everyone thinks Beulah is overrated..... I was thinking before that Becker would be a good addition on the Lions Team....... maybe you all think that he does not deserve it.... would be a good addition being 6'6" and a quick "3".... but someone who is really stepping up lately on that team is the Stromme kid.  Good point guard with excellent speed and he's also a good shooter with good distance.  He runs Olson's offense and plays a decent defense.
Bearsfan

Postby ohiostate31 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:01 pm

Tony Ironheart should be there easily. The kid is awsome. A great passer and pretty good shooter. He is a leader and is involved in every trip down the court.
ohiostate31

Postby fruit snack » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:03 pm

scott tweed

fruit snack

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:50 am

ohiostate31 wrote:Tony Ironheart should be there easily. The kid is awsome. A great passer and pretty good shooter. He is a leader and is involved in every trip down the court.

After this weekend, watching the FW vs LM game.  IronHeart is a shoe in to be on the team.  He made many nice passes.  He kept the team composed after a 14 - 1 start.  They then outscored the # 2 rated team in the state at every aspect of the game
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Reraz » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:43 am

Anybody know the dates of the Lions games this year?
Reraz
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BB11 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:49 am

[user=2459]Reraz[/user] wrote:
Anybody know the dates of the Lions games this year?

It is usually the 2nd week in July - although not sure of the dates. Maybe someone else can clear this up
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby thundastruck. » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:21 am

The Schwab wrote:Ya i guess....i can agree that Luke Lorenz is overrated....i mean a guy who is all district as a sophomore and junior, all state tournament team as a sophomore and junior...M.V.P of the State tournament as a junior, scored his 1000 point as a junior, even though he doesnt look to score first, one of the best defensive players EVER, he will be the region 2 senior player of the year, should be one of the top three for the state player of the year, should be a finalist for Mr. Basketball and in a wide open region could make it back to state....but according to you guys doesnt deserve to wear a lions allstar jersey.....I would like to see you guys name 12 players in the state that are BETTER than Luke Lorenz to keep him off of the team...GOOD LUCK

i cant name 12 players in the world that are better than luke lorenz.
thundastruck.

Postby Aaronih » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:48 am

I can name 1-Tony IH....does it all just like lorenz, just around 4 inches shorter and is a better scorer and passer but luke should be all state first team w/Ironheart, and also can defend for his height gets alot of steals.....
be a leader not a follower..
Aaronih
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Boys