Most exciting player to watch

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby pacod » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:07 am

Who do you guys think is the most exciting player to watch???
Last edited by pacod on Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
pacod

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:39 am

mark bakkum is probably the most exciting player

ironheart is a close second
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby blaze88 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:12 pm

i wolud not leave out neil or nathaniel packineau
blaze88

Postby sportsjunkie » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:35 pm

Logan Carblom from the Lisbon team is a exciting player with his variety of moves and amazing shots.
sportsjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby beachy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:43 pm

Jamie Mauch from Hankinson is a very entertaining and exciting player to watch....He can flat out shoot anywhere on the court....and i literally mean anywhere...
beachy
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ben23 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:45 pm

beachy wrote:Jamie Mauch from Hankinson is a very entertaining and exciting player to watch....He can flat out shoot anywhere on the court....and i literally mean anywhere...

Your right he is probably the smoothest player i have ever seen play.
Ben23
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsjunkie » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:19 pm

Just wait until Carblom guards him during the Lisbon Hankinson game.  Last year Carblom shut him down in both games they had.
sportsjunkie
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gator-nation » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:03 pm

thomas burke from bowman. he can do about everything
gator-nation

Postby football07 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:46 pm

Bakkum has to be the most dynamic player there is in Class B right now, hands down.  I am not saying that other players do not do particular aspects better than him, but he can do it all.  He is the most exciting player in class b ball right now and if you have not had a chance to watch him, get out and do so.  There could be a lot of players up for nomination though, I just think he is the complete package.  No disrespect to the Packineau's, Iron Heart, and Marshall.
football07
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:14 pm

Both Neil and Nathaniel have been on a mission since before they were freshman. Pressure? Yes, but they accept it and know what there is left to do this year. If they are both healthy this year, with guys like Young Bird and Good Bird contributing to the mix...I just wish I could watch them more. Good Kids.
Photo-man-Bob

Postby project-pat » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:22 pm

yeah, thomas burke doesn't get near the recognition he deserves just because of the teams he was on this year and last year. Last year, he was stuck behind the shadow of the best trio in the state, so nobody paid attention to him. and now he's on a mediocre team, so nobody pays attention. If any of you guys watch him play, you will agree that he is one of the top players in the state. He has one of the best shots i've seen in a while and is almost automatic. he is super quick and can take you off the dribble like no other. It is almost impossible to stop him once he gets going.
project-pat

Postby baseball » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:39 pm

thanks for all the info on burke....haha
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:52 pm

haha my bad, only meant to send it once
project-pat

Postby Ginsbach » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:25 pm

sportsjunkie wrote:Just wait until Carblom guards him during the Lisbon Hankinson game.  Last year Carblom shut him down in both games they had.

Mauch and Carblom didn't really effect each other much in the games last year.  It was more like the entire Lisbon team shut down the entire Hankinson team.
Ginsbach
NDPreps Starter

Postby letsgosox » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:45 am

project-pat wrote:yeah, thomas burke doesn't get near the recognition he deserves just because of the teams he was on this year and last year. Last year, he was stuck behind the shadow of the best trio in the state, so nobody paid attention to him. and now he's on a mediocre team, so nobody pays attention. If any of you guys watch him play, you will agree that he is one of the top players in the state. He has one of the best shots i've seen in a while and is almost automatic. he is super quick and can take you off the dribble like no other. It is almost impossible to stop him once he gets going.

I'll agree with you on that. Burke doesn't get  the that respect he deserves. He is an outstanding shooter and I don't think you can find a better defensive player. He will probably get district 13 senior player of the year.
letsgosox

Postby pacod » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:11 am

I'm going to have to go with T I, from FWs. All i'm going to say about him is watch him play.

Another player i enjoy watching is Kuntz, from Standing Rock. His off balanced jumper always seems to find its way into the basket
pacod

Postby 22bball22 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:16 pm

Mark bakkum is amazing to watch!

22bball22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller01 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:24 pm

Bakkum is the most exciting player in class B. Maybe not the best, thats debatable with all the other great players out there, but certainly the most exciting IMO.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby berry186 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:35 pm

he is the most exciting player, at the championship of the stutsman he put on a great show.  the whole crowd got into those plays plus he hits threes 3or 4 steps beyond NBA range
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:13 pm

berry186 wrote:he is the most exciting player, at the championship of the stutsman he put on a great show.  the whole crowd got into those plays plus he hits threes 3or 4 steps beyond NBA range

rick christianson was doing the p.a. for the game and he was really getting into it, bakkum comes down and hits a long three and all of a sudden you hear rick, 'BAKKUM FROM THE PARKING LOT!!!!!!!!'

good stuff
rep

Postby beavof77 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:08 pm

I got a chance to see Micheal Cooper of Westhope and Dillion Duchsherer from Velva play up in Westhope and that was a fun one to watch they both can come off the pick and hit the 3 ball or take kids to the hoop Cooper had about 23 and I think Duchsherer had 28. Both about 6'3 and built makes for fun ball to watch.
Last edited by beavof77 on Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beavof77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:10 pm

Mark Bakkum just finished scoring 35 points with 9 threes a school record...beat napoleon 62-47
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsbest44 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:57 pm

Bakkum and Ironheart have got to be the two most exciting players
ndsbest44
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:43 pm

ndsbest44 wrote:Bakkum and Ironheart have got to be the two most exciting players

IH is definitely exciting but when Chanze Herman gets isoed one on one he's unstoppable.  I haven't seen him stopped yet.  He's made alot of guys look silly with his shake and bake's and crossover's. 
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsperson » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:05 pm

Has Dillon Duchsherer learned how to play defense yet?
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys