Most exciting player to watch

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:03 am

the reason i feel bakkum is better is that hes not on a so called "elite" team like four winds, but he single handed led them to the top 10 with the help of a FRESHMAN.  Ironheart scores 20 a game cuz they are so balance that no team keys on him.  Bakkum scores 23 with every player of every team watching him to go along with 9 rebounds and 8+ asts and 4 steals
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:06 am

nativegolfer wrote:Tell me what exactly the criteria is to be an elite team, please.

Ask paco, he brought it up. Some of you guys need to learn what the delete button is. Quote the guy your  responding to! Some of your posts are 8" long to say one sentence, holy smokes! :paper:
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby baller01 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:08 am

This whole agruement is completely retarded and I will tell you why. Since I have only seen Bakkum play I can not speak for Ironhart. Bakkum does so much more for his team then score, rebound, and pass. Even if he isn't the one scoring or passing, he is more then likely the reason one of his teammates got an open look. Having played against SD and Bakkum I can say that when Bakkum brings the ball down the court, all eyes are on him. From time to time even I would have to forget about my man to help stop Bakkum. If Bakkum kicks it out to an open teammated and then that teammate kicks it to the guy I was guarding, Bakkum doesn't get the assist but was the reason the guy got the open shot. I'm sure IH does the exact same thing for FW so you can't really compare stats on the to. Obviously if we are going to compare stats then Beau Sizer is Mr. Basketball because he averages about the same as Belovack and has way more rebounds then him. You can't compare stats.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:08 am

cdub1 wrote:
pacod wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
baseball wrote:k...hes shorter and scored more points against the one common oppenent they played.  solid arguement there???

one game doesnt say much they could play each other bakkum could have 37 points and ironheart could have 14 assists so who is better? its not a good thing to argue about cuz there are 2 sides and neither is going to chance their views

Well I think Ironhearts a better player, all 6 of you guys think Bakkums a better player. Everyone has there own oppinions.

exactly so we should stop the arguing cuz it is true they BOTH are good players and i doubt they care who people think is better

Exactly, but where in my posts have you seen me say IH is better. I just simply posted a comment and like a pack of wolves you guys starting going crazy. So i hand to defend my boy, And like Achilles defeated every person that stepped in my way!!!

I don't know what that was about but I was really bored.
pacod

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:10 am

actually u did say ironheart wuz better but it doesnt matter cuz its not like we can prove it either way they are BOTH good

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:13 am

pacod wrote:
pacod wrote:
Well I think Ironhearts a better player, all 6 of you guys think Bakkums a better player. Everyone has there own oppinions.

Exactly, but where in my posts have you seen me say IH is better.

well theres one place....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby pacod » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:15 am

baseball wrote:
pacod wrote:
pacod wrote:

Exactly, but where in my posts have you seen me say IH is better.

well theres one place....

Yep, but you  guys said this arguement started because i said IH was better. We'll just have to see who goes the distance.
pacod

Postby pacod » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:16 am

I don't think that was the post that started the arguement.
pacod

Postby berry186 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:42 am

baseball wrote:the reason i feel bakkum is better is that hes not on a so called "elite" team like four winds, but he single handed led them to the top 10 with the help of a FRESHMAN.  Ironheart scores 20 a game cuz they are so balance that no team keys on him.  Bakkum scores 23 with every player of every team watching him to go along with 9 rebounds and 8+ asts and 4 steals

i so agree with baseball i was waiting for someone to say this well put
berry186
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pacod » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:46 am

berry186 wrote:
baseball wrote:the reason i feel bakkum is better is that hes not on a so called "elite" team like four winds, but he single handed led them to the top 10 with the help of a FRESHMAN.  Ironheart scores 20 a game cuz they are so balance that no team keys on him.  Bakkum scores 23 with every player of every team watching him to go along with 9 rebounds and 8+ asts and 4 steals

HAHAHAHA you guys are never ending. I'm pretty sure if you put IH on a rotten team he'd be averaging 40 a night with everyone of his team mates watching.
pacod

Postby threeball » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:42 pm

when i think of an elite team i think more of like an all star team like a really good aau team. i didnt mean to cause an argument i just didnt understand how the 8th ranked class b team in the state could be considered an elite team. granted ive never watched them play
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubsfan » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:58 pm

i saw four winds play on saturday and they looked impressive.  I am wondering why none of you Four Winds people ever talk about Zack Alberts?  He could score at will against guys four inches taller than him.  He had some very nice post moves. 
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby razorback » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:46 pm

pacod wrote:
berry186 wrote:

HAHAHAHA you guys are never ending. I'm pretty sure if you put IH on a rotten team he'd be averaging 40 a night with everyone of his team mates watching.
hahahaha... like beau sizer....
razorback
NDPreps Reserve

Postby pacod » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:44 am

cubsfan wrote:i saw four winds play on saturday and they looked impressive.  I am wondering why none of you Four Winds people ever talk about Zack Alberts?  He could score at will against guys four inches taller than him.  He had some very nice post moves. 

Agreed!!! If you look in the post about FWs I talk about Alberts. I totally agree with you. For being 6'0" and having the task of gaurding apposing centers, I believe he is the most underrated player on the FW team.
pacod

Postby pacod » Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:46 am

threeball wrote:when i think of an elite team i think more of like an all star team like a really good aau team. i didnt mean to cause an argument i just didnt understand how the 8th ranked class b team in the state could be considered an elite team. granted ive never watched them play

Not to spark an argument or anything but you know we are talking about class B high school teams right? So were does an aau team fit in this category?
pacod

Postby ndbbfan » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:06 am

razorback wrote:
pacod wrote:
berry186 wrote:

Nice try, but so not true....he's had 20+ points against some pretty decent teams this year (Midkota, LMM, Four Winds, Dakota Prairie), and does this while being triple-teamed most nights. 
ndbbfan

Postby baller01 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:02 am

ndbbfan wrote:
razorback wrote:
pacod wrote:
berry186 wrote:

Nice try, but so not true....he's had 20+ points against some pretty decent teams this year (Midkota, LMM, Four Winds, Dakota Prairie), and does this while being triple-teamed most nights. 

He never said put up 40 against bad teams, he said put him on a rotten team like Sizer (no offense BCN) and then be forced to score. Sizer has put up big games against good teams too but thats not what he said. He said put him on a rotten team where he is the only one that can score.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby threeball » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:55 pm

pacod wrote:
threeball wrote:when i think of an elite team i think more of like an all star team like a really good aau team. i didnt mean to cause an argument i just didnt understand how the 8th ranked class b team in the state could be considered an elite team. granted ive never watched them play

Not to spark an argument or anything but you know we are talking about class B high school teams right? So were does an aau team fit in this category?

you asked me my opinion of an elite team
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby fruit snack » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:28 pm

zak alberts??????? hes not impressive....he puts in a few bunnys a night...not that impressive, Bakkum is a very good well rounded player and very fun to watch, also beau sizer is having himself a nice year, leading the state in rebounds
fruit snack

Postby sodadrinker » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:47 pm

zak alberts is a hustler on the boards.  hes a role player and does what is needed and nothing more.  he would be better if he could use more than just his left hand.
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ballin32 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:03 am

i would have to say Adam Hunt is one of the most exciting players i have ever watched. He is jus an all around player and he has LOVE FOR THE GAME!!!

Ballin32
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:46 am

cubsfan wrote:i saw four winds play on saturday and they looked impressive.  I am wondering why none of you Four Winds people ever talk about Zack Alberts?  He could score at will against guys four inches taller than him.  He had some very nice post moves. 

Zack is pretty slick underneath. He has the lovely taske of taking on players 3 inches taller or so.  He also a smooth style the way he slithers his way around opponents.  He is a very good player.  He doesn't get the recognition, and that includes myself.  I apolgize for not giving the kid more praise. 
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sodadrinker » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:50 am

Indians Alumni wrote:

Zack is pretty slick underneath. He has the lovely taske of taking on players 3 inches taller or so.  He also a smooth style the way he slithers his way around opponents.  He is a very good player.  He doesn't get the recognition, and that includes myself.  I apolgize for not giving the kid more praise. 

IA u should be ashamed of yourself leaving one of ur 4 winds boys out of the mix so long
you shouldnt throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you got a glass jaw you should watch your mouth
sodadrinker
NDPreps All-State

Postby BB11 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:20 am

Most exciting player that I have seen in person this year is Tony Ironheart - hands down. The only ones I've seen come close to him are the Packineau's and Adam Hunt from Dunseith.
But - again I haven't seen a lot from other regions.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby straightballer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:58 am

The packineau boys....hands down

straightballer

PreviousNext

Return to Boys