Most exciting player to watch

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:36 am

alright give me solid reasons as to why IH is better.  and 6'2" vs 5'10" doesnt count i dont think.  i would love to watch these to guarding each other.  one thing about Bakkum is he scored pretty much all of his points in the half court, IH runs faster and gets layups... bakkum is always the guy who gets the assist on a fast break.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby pacod » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:37 am

cdub1 wrote:
pacod wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
pacod wrote:
baseball wrote:
pacod wrote:
baseball wrote:whats IH apg...Bakkum is 8.5

Don't know the exact number, but around 7-8 assists a game.

your right numbers dont lie....last time i checked 8.5>7-8

HAHA. Let me toss out some numbers. FW vs Carrington, IH 39 points. Steele-Dawson vs Carrington, Bakkum 22 points.

Steeles biggest game against Linton, Bakkum 13

FWs biggest game against Wells, IH 19

AND Tony's averaging 20.2 ppg on a team that has 5 players averaging double figures.
this post sucked tony getting 20 a game isnt that impressive 5 players getting double figgers looks like run and gun bakkum is better than ironheart put all the stats up for the entire season not just 2 games

Well if you would read into my post you would understand that the reason bakkum is averaging 2 points more a game than tony is that tony's on an elite team. FW has six players that can go and start on any team in the state. Now on the other hand Bakkum is Steeles go to guy, their main scorer. Now do you think Bakkum would get those kind of numbers on an elite team? Maybe, Maybe not. We'll never know will we?

Not to mention Bakkum 6'2"

Ironheart 5'10"     WOW IH just does it all!!!!

not everystarter on fourwinds could start on anyteam in the state how does height mattter they are both point guards how is this one baron davis 6 4 monta ellis 6 2 so even though bdavis (bakkum) is obviously better than ellis(ih) he is taller so ih is better

I understood every other word in that post. Clean that up a little for me. I'm saying IH does a lot for being under-sized. If you watched FW play I can assure you that you'll be saying the same.
pacod

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:38 am

shortened version their height doesnt matter in comparing them

also i think ironheart is good but not on bakkum's level

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:40 am

whats the average height for a PG in ND basketball.  its not 6'2" so to say IH is under sized is false. im guessing hes right around the average.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby pacod » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:41 am

baseball wrote:alright give me solid reasons as to why IH is better.  and 6'2" vs 5'10" doesnt count i dont think.  i would love to watch these to guarding each other.  one thing about Bakkum is he scored pretty much all of his points in the half court, IH runs faster and gets layups... bakkum is always the guy who gets the assist on a fast break.

IH scores a lot of points in a set offense. You've said it yourself. IH, for being 5'10" has posted up centers and scored. He scores when he's tripled teamed. Not taking anything against Bakkum, i'm sure he's a great player. My boy IH is the real deal.
pacod

Postby pacod » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:42 am

baseball wrote:whats the average height for a PG in ND basketball.  its not 6'2" so to say IH is under sized is false. im guessing hes right around the average.

We're comparing Bakkum-Ironheart right? Well compared to Bakkum he's obviously under-sized.
pacod

Postby threeball » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:43 am

pacod wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
pacod wrote:
baseball wrote:
pacod wrote:

HAHA. Let me toss out some numbers. FW vs Carrington, IH 39 points. Steele-Dawson vs Carrington, Bakkum 22 points.

AND Tony's averaging 20.2 ppg on a team that has 5 players averaging double figures.
this post sucked tony getting 20 a game isnt that impressive 5 players getting double figgers looks like run and gun bakkum is better than ironheart put all the stats up for the entire season not just 2 games

Well if you would read into my post you would understand that the reason bakkum is averaging 2 points more a game than tony is that tony's on an elite team. FW has six players that can go and start on any team in the state. Now on the other hand Bakkum is Steeles go to guy, their main scorer. Now do you think Bakkum would get those kind of numbers on an elite team? Maybe, Maybe not. We'll never know will we?

im just curious...if you call FW an elite team...what are they ranked in the state?
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:43 am

pacod wrote:
baseball wrote:whats the average height for a PG in ND basketball.  its not 6'2" so to say IH is under sized is false. im guessing hes right around the average.

We're comparing Bakkum-Ironheart right? Well compared to Bakkum he's obviously under-sized.

bakkum isnt much taller than me and ironheart isnt much shorter than me and he isnt undersized compared to bakkum they are both average

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:43 am

cdub1 wrote:shortened version their height doesnt matter in comparing them

also i think ironheart is good but not on bakkum's level

Well everyone's entitles to their own oppinions and mine, obviously differs from yours.
pacod

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:44 am

ya thats fine with me

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:44 am

threeball wrote:
pacod wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
pacod wrote:
baseball wrote:
pacod wrote:

im just curious...if you call FW an elite team...what are they ranked in the state?

Thats right though, they are ranked in state. Thanks!!
pacod

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:45 am

pacod wrote:

so now its his fault he's 4 inches taller? part of being better is he knows how to use his size.  maybe we should cut off his right thumb, that should make up for 4 inches right? make him play with 9 fingers?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby pacod » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:46 am

baseball wrote:
pacod wrote:

so now its his fault he's 4 inches taller? part of being better is he knows how to use his size.  maybe we should cut off his right thumb, that should make up for 4 inches right? make him play with 9 fingers?

HAHA, lmao!!!!
pacod

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:47 am

fair yet? or what should we do since 4 inches makes that much difference according to you??
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby threeball » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:49 am

pacod wrote:
threeball wrote:
pacod wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
pacod wrote:
baseball wrote:
pacod wrote:

they are ranked 8
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby pacod » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:49 am

baseball wrote:fair yet? or what should we do since 4 inches makes that much difference according to you??

Hey size does matter boys. HAHA. Just thought you should know in case you didn't.
Last edited by pacod on Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
pacod

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:52 am

pacod wrote:
baseball wrote:fair yet? or what should we do since 4 inches makes that much difference according to you??

Hey size does matter boys. HAHA. Just thought you should know in case you didn't.

why dont you take your own advice and read into my post, i never said it didnt matter HAHA.  i know it matters but your making it sound like he's a 7 footer and IH is a 4 foot 5th grader? im still waiting on them reasons as to why IH is better?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:54 am

pacod wrote:

there isnt that big of a size difference neither of them are one of the tallest players day in and day out if they are both being guarded by jo shmo prolly 6 feet tall or so its not really gonna matter two inch difference either way

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:54 am

baseball wrote:
pacod wrote:

why dont you take your own advice and read into my post, i never said it didnt matter HAHA.  i know it matters but your making it sound like he's a 7 footer and IH is a 4 foot 5th grader? im still waiting on them reasons as to why IH is better?
I don't want to repeat myself, so you can read back on the posts up there.
pacod

Postby baseball » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:55 am

k...hes shorter and scored more points against the one common oppenent they played.  solid arguement there???
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:57 am

baseball wrote:k...hes shorter and scored more points against the one common oppenent they played.  solid arguement there???

one game doesnt say much they could play each other bakkum could have 37 points and ironheart could have 14 assists so who is better? its not a good thing to argue about cuz there are 2 sides and neither is going to chance their views

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:58 am

threeball wrote:
pacod wrote:
threeball wrote:
pacod wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
pacod wrote:
baseball wrote:
pacod wrote:

they are ranked 8

Tell me what exactly the criteria is to be an elite team, please.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby pacod » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:59 am

cdub1 wrote:
baseball wrote:k...hes shorter and scored more points against the one common oppenent they played.  solid arguement there???

one game doesnt say much they could play each other bakkum could have 37 points and ironheart could have 14 assists so who is better? its not a good thing to argue about cuz there are 2 sides and neither is going to chance their views

Well I think Ironhearts a better player, all 6 of you guys think Bakkums a better player. Everyone has there own oppinions.
pacod

Postby cdub1 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:00 am

pacod wrote:
cdub1 wrote:

Well I think Ironhearts a better player, all 6 of you guys think Bakkums a better player. Everyone has there own oppinions.

exactly so we should stop the arguing cuz it is true they BOTH are good players and i doubt they care who people think is better

cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pacod » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:03 am

nativegolfer wrote:
threeball wrote:
pacod wrote:
threeball wrote:
pacod wrote:
cdub1 wrote:
pacod wrote:
baseball wrote:
pacod wrote:

they are ranked 8

Tell me what exactly the criteria is to be an elite team, please.

An elite team goes out and gets it done day in and day out. If one players off another players able to step it up, on any given night.

Now before everyone gets all crazy..........this is my oppinion on an elite team.

Whats yours???
pacod

PreviousNext

Return to Boys